Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This summer seems to hinge on Mick doesn’t it? 09:46 - Jun 30 with 5056 viewsMullet

We are now looking at how much money we might get if clubs we used to compete with, sell on his players. Without these deals and the development of Mings, Webster, Clarke et al. Where would we be?

Our demise and the way we are shrinking to fit division 3 is alarming isn’t it? What happens if and when Mick’s influence and diligence, finally runs out? Whichever way you cut it these next two months need to show us what Evans intends and Lambert can do. The lack of assets we have now and types of player we are buying or after is very telling.

Had MM brought Norwood in he’d be seen somewhere just above or around Moore I guess, a player who was ridiculed and now a piece of the potential windfall puzzle. I’d like to think in the next month Lambert will sign his own Webster or Mings too so we can at least see some sort of long term contingency.

The damage Hurst did and the blindness to it seems to be a debt we can’t pay off.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This summer seems to hinge on Mick doesn’t it? on 16:40 - Jun 30 with 607 viewsHipsterectomy

This summer seems to hinge on Mick doesn’t it? on 13:28 - Jun 30 by SE1blue

I think up until MMs departure the media had looked upon us quite fondly; the cosy Cobbold year’s with interesting boardroom stories from rural England, Alf, Bobby, Burley’s Tractor Boy’s etc.

We then employ MM, a personable character with funny anecdotes, who also has a misty eyed past (the Irish at the WC) and immediately it’s almost like boy meets girl next door in sleepy Suffolk for the press.

Relationship ends badly and as he departs, MM’s comments of how rude we were are easily heard and ultimately proven correct. Like the disgraced ex partner, we’ve gone on screwing up and nobody wants to listen to “But MM never did this...we never got that...”.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2019 13:29]

I would consider most neutral fans to have an indifference of Ipswich at worst, a like of them at best. Sky commentators would chuckle when Norwich did their 14/15/16 minutes of applause for being safe in the division for years.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

This summer seems to hinge on Mick doesn’t it? on 16:58 - Jun 30 with 592 viewscbower

This summer seems to hinge on Mick doesn’t it? on 11:46 - Jun 30 by Mullet

Mainly because relatively speaking MM had been and continues to show in absentia he was a far greater manager for us.

The longer this has gone the greater the need for revision and explanations from those looking more and more silly.

Almost Brexitlike wouldn't you say?

bluescouser

This summer seems to hinge on Mick doesn’t it? on 17:07 - Jun 30 with 581 viewsMullet

This summer seems to hinge on Mick doesn’t it? on 14:54 - Jun 30 by Ftnfwest

The latter two were ‘developed’ out of all proportion by Bristol City and portsmouth compared to under MM. Mind you at least we’ll be able to now cover a bit of the £1m+ a year + bonuses from his contract

I’m not sure anyone would claim MM developed Clarke but it was his foresight on Webster. Regardless of how the deal was structured and us potentially benefitting from both sales, to deny the work done on Webster in a blue shirt is laughable.

Brizzle fans couldn’t believe we had let him go especially so cheaply.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2019 17:12]

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This summer seems to hinge on Mick doesn’t it? on 17:29 - Jun 30 with 553 viewspatrickswell

This summer seems to hinge on Mick doesn’t it? on 16:40 - Jun 30 by Hipsterectomy

I would consider most neutral fans to have an indifference of Ipswich at worst, a like of them at best. Sky commentators would chuckle when Norwich did their 14/15/16 minutes of applause for being safe in the division for years.

Though Don Goodman produced a rare pearl when commentating on one of the Carrow Road games when they did it and said, “The Norwich fans should remember that for one of those years they’re applauding, they were in League One.”
This summer seems to hinge on Mick doesn’t it? on 18:40 - Jun 30 with 516 viewsKeaneish

This summer seems to hinge on Mick doesn’t it? on 17:07 - Jun 30 by Mullet

I’m not sure anyone would claim MM developed Clarke but it was his foresight on Webster. Regardless of how the deal was structured and us potentially benefitting from both sales, to deny the work done on Webster in a blue shirt is laughable.

Brizzle fans couldn’t believe we had let him go especially so cheaply.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2019 17:12]

I think the fact his replacement was Nsiala was even more bewildering. It's very rare to find centre backs who are comfortable playing out from the back, especially English ones and we have ours away cheaply to be replaced by Nsiala! Why Marcus?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024