Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... 06:52 - Jul 4 with 4477 viewsbobbyramsey

Could someone please remind me of our fit striker options?
On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 09:59 - Jul 4 with 676 viewsKeaneish

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 09:00 - Jul 4 by THAILAND_BLUE

What about the money we're getting from Matt Clarke's move to Brighton?
Totally unexpected and surely must outweigh what we would have got from Bart moving?

It's more about Bart's wages. He was on a reported ツ」15k a week or so until the wage cut. Even still, that's enough for two players at this level. We all know ME likes to pocket a large % of the transfer fees into his pocket / operating costs so we can probably kiss goodbye to the Clarke cash.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] テつ」2.65 Million and Waiting?

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 10:10 - Jul 4 with 664 viewsKeaneish

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 09:08 - Jul 4 by itfcjoe

First season down is our bst chance to get back up before realities of the L1 Salary Management Protocol begin to bite - but seems fairly clear Evans is going to look to do it on the cheap.

Other than in goal, and in midfield the squad is full of holes and one injury away from crisis in certain areas - a few weeks to sort still but once again the rhetoric from the club doesn't match it's actions.

Evans probably isn't that fussed about getting back in the Championship as can't afford to compete there, why invest to go up and then have to stick in ツ」6m a year - he seems to have successfully turned us into a small Championship/big L1 club with his leadership of the club and we now sit alongside the likes of Millwall, Barnsley, Rotherham in size of club and have been totally left behind by clubs of a similar size and ilk historically like Forest, Derby and Norwich.

I don't think anyone with an objective view point can criticise any of that, it's spot on, which is horrendous given we should be going into this season full of optimism about bouncing back at the first opportunity.

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 10:17 - Jul 4 with 641 viewshadleighboyblue

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 08:03 - Jul 4 by Keaneish

I'd say the Bart deal has definitely stopped us bringing in one if not two players. Looks like PL has to sell/release before he can add any further additions, which, if is the case, given we've just plummeted into obscurity for the first time in 62 years and we're very light in areas...sinks the ME era and his policies to an all time low. Yay.

Agreed , the Bart deal falling through must have put a spanner in the works . But selling Harrison and not replacing him doesn't make sense when we are short of strikers .

I thought the plan was to get new players in before we started pre season games .
On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 10:32 - Jul 4 with 611 viewschicoazul

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 08:23 - Jul 4 by StokieBlue

What's the point of this moan? We've not even played a single friendly yet and it's July. Plenty of time to strengthen if PL thinks we need to.

SB

Clearly you havent been paying attention for the last few years.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 10:35 - Jul 4 with 603 viewsmrshallisfit

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 09:08 - Jul 4 by itfcjoe

First season down is our bst chance to get back up before realities of the L1 Salary Management Protocol begin to bite - but seems fairly clear Evans is going to look to do it on the cheap.

Other than in goal, and in midfield the squad is full of holes and one injury away from crisis in certain areas - a few weeks to sort still but once again the rhetoric from the club doesn't match it's actions.

Evans probably isn't that fussed about getting back in the Championship as can't afford to compete there, why invest to go up and then have to stick in ツ」6m a year - he seems to have successfully turned us into a small Championship/big L1 club with his leadership of the club and we now sit alongside the likes of Millwall, Barnsley, Rotherham in size of club and have been totally left behind by clubs of a similar size and ilk historically like Forest, Derby and Norwich.

Excellent, measured post.
On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 10:40 - Jul 4 with 583 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 10:35 - Jul 4 by mrshallisfit

Excellent, measured post.

Whilst I don't disagree with Joe's summary and think Evans will do this on the cheap (even Venky's backed their manager in League One!) I'd be interested if someone with the relevant financial background could work out the numbers.

How much will Evans plug the gap in the Championship (ツ」6m a year?) compared to League One (ツ」9m a year this year - but potentially reducing if we stay down here and replace high earners with typical League One wages) against how much could he sell the club for in each division compared.

On the face of it he will lose more money in League One for the next year or two even without investment until contracts have expired for top earners, so I can't see why he wouldn't want to go for promotion with a decent budget to try and increase the odds.

He needs to essentially do what he did when he first took over by throwing some cash at it to gain a quick promotion, albeit we now have a much better chance of promotion from League One with a bit of investment than we would have had in the Championship with a substantial amount.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 10:53 - Jul 4 with 555 viewsitfcjoe

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 10:40 - Jul 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Whilst I don't disagree with Joe's summary and think Evans will do this on the cheap (even Venky's backed their manager in League One!) I'd be interested if someone with the relevant financial background could work out the numbers.

How much will Evans plug the gap in the Championship (ツ」6m a year?) compared to League One (ツ」9m a year this year - but potentially reducing if we stay down here and replace high earners with typical League One wages) against how much could he sell the club for in each division compared.

On the face of it he will lose more money in League One for the next year or two even without investment until contracts have expired for top earners, so I can't see why he wouldn't want to go for promotion with a decent budget to try and increase the odds.

He needs to essentially do what he did when he first took over by throwing some cash at it to gain a quick promotion, albeit we now have a much better chance of promotion from League One with a bit of investment than we would have had in the Championship with a substantial amount.

It just worries me that we have sold Harrison for a knock down price to a rival, and still need some real investment.

Whatever thoughts on Harrison, with us as short as we are up front, and the fee being relative peanuts in football finances, it's just too much of a risk to sell him to one of our competitiors

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 11:00 - Jul 4 with 534 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 10:53 - Jul 4 by itfcjoe

It just worries me that we have sold Harrison for a knock down price to a rival, and still need some real investment.

Whatever thoughts on Harrison, with us as short as we are up front, and the fee being relative peanuts in football finances, it's just too much of a risk to sell him to one of our competitiors

I completely agree.

If Norwood doesn't perform then Harrison was best equipped to step into that role.

If we have something up our sleeves then great. But it just seems like a totally unnecessary risk to leave us short of someone who has got goals at this level when we are probably not going to replace him for better.

If there's a free like Keane, Quaner or whoever that we are banking on being fit and delivering then fine. But we all know that we probably won't replace Harrison which would be madness to massively reduce our chances of promotion for a fee that will be inconsequential if we don't go up (and if we do).

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Login to get fewer ads

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 11:20 - Jul 4 with 513 viewsKeaneish

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 11:00 - Jul 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I completely agree.

If Norwood doesn't perform then Harrison was best equipped to step into that role.

If we have something up our sleeves then great. But it just seems like a totally unnecessary risk to leave us short of someone who has got goals at this level when we are probably not going to replace him for better.

If there's a free like Keane, Quaner or whoever that we are banking on being fit and delivering then fine. But we all know that we probably won't replace Harrison which would be madness to massively reduce our chances of promotion for a fee that will be inconsequential if we don't go up (and if we do).

There has to be right? I just can't see us turning up to Burton without a physical presence up front or on the bench. This league needs big lumps to hold the ball up and win balls in the air. I've said on other threads, we're too short a side at the moment for League One, we need some height up front as another option for attack and defence.

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 11:39 - Jul 4 with 490 viewsbrazil1982

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 09:08 - Jul 4 by xrayspecs

Lambert has consistently said squad was way too big, looking to bring one or two in to help current group, will be relying on the younger players, we will need to be patient with them etc.

Two in so far and interest in a wide player. Apart from a defender who can cover fab/cab, that may be our lot.

Norwood appears to be plan A, with Jackson and Roberts as back up. Looks like one up top with Judge in the 10 and wide players in support.

My concern is with the inevitable injuries that will occur....
On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 12:06 - Jul 4 with 464 viewsSamWhiteUK

On the morning of our "huge" trip to Germany......... on 10:53 - Jul 4 by itfcjoe

The sale of Harrison in the manner in which we carried it out and the money we got was utter f*cking lunacy. There's no other way to describe it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024