Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please stop buying illegal drugs 08:14 - Jul 5 with 2326 viewschicoazul

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/jul/05/children-as-young-as-seven-being

As if you are/do then you are directly contributing to this misery enslavement and violence. Your bit of fun is coming at a hideous cost to many many children. There is plenty of legal booze you can use to get stupefied instead.
Next time that young blonde you are trying to snag asks if you can sort her out a line at the club, explain to her that Chico at TWTD makes an excellent stern moral argument about the cost of doing such things and I guarantee she will fall into your arms under the power of your rhetoric.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 08:18 - Jul 5 with 1765 viewsSteve_M

Did you see this earlier in the week?

Detailed piece on London gang culture here by Steve_M 2 Jul 2019 14:50
A perennial topic on here so this might be of interest.

https://reaction.life/gangs-london-globalisation-drill-supercharged-surge-violence/

And, yes, Chico is right on the predominant cause but it's not the only one and this should worry all of us:

"the progressive withdrawal of the modern state from its obligation to keep order on the streets and to protect its citizens"

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 08:19 - Jul 5 with 1757 viewschicoazul

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 08:18 - Jul 5 by Steve_M

Did you see this earlier in the week?

Detailed piece on London gang culture here by Steve_M 2 Jul 2019 14:50
A perennial topic on here so this might be of interest.

https://reaction.life/gangs-london-globalisation-drill-supercharged-surge-violence/

And, yes, Chico is right on the predominant cause but it's not the only one and this should worry all of us:

"the progressive withdrawal of the modern state from its obligation to keep order on the streets and to protect its citizens"

I did not! Thank you brother I will have a read.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 08:37 - Jul 5 with 1721 viewsJakeITFC

‘Plenty of legal booze...’

Quite - no need for kids to be involved in the running of alcohol gangs is there?
Please stop buying illegal drugs on 08:40 - Jul 5 with 1709 viewsgiant_stow

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 08:37 - Jul 5 by JakeITFC

Quite - no need for kids to be involved in the running of alcohol gangs is there?

Clappy icon.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 08:41 - Jul 5 with 1704 viewschicoazul

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 08:37 - Jul 5 by JakeITFC

All I say is what I say; stop buying illegal drugs because when you do you have blood on your hands at home and abroad.

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 08:45 - Jul 5 with 1691 viewsfooters

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 08:41 - Jul 5 by chicoazul

All I say is what I say; stop buying illegal drugs because when you do you have blood on your hands at home and abroad.

But how do you get a girl to like you without drugging her? That's the part I'm struggling with.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 08:47 - Jul 5 with 1681 viewswkj

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 08:45 - Jul 5 by footers

But how do you get a girl to like you without drugging her? That's the part I'm struggling with.

Show her how you deal with those orcs on the bridge I imagine

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 08:48 - Jul 5 with 1680 viewschicoazul

I've given you that solution. Deliver the Chico lecture on the evils of drugs and before you know it she'll be swooning at the power of your argument and won't have eyes for Dave in accounts at all anymore.

Login to get fewer ads

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 08:49 - Jul 5 with 1677 viewsJakeITFC

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 08:41 - Jul 5 by chicoazul

Yeah, don’t disagree.

So make them legal and end a lot of the misery overnight.
Please stop buying illegal drugs on 08:53 - Jul 5 with 1657 viewschicoazul

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 08:49 - Jul 5 by JakeITFC

Yeah, don’t disagree.

So make them legal and end a lot of the misery overnight.

That's a big maybe and a different argument. If for instance you intend there to be a level of restriction on the amount of cocaine someone can buy at any one time, or on the number of times one could buy it in for instance a month, or on the strength, or you make it costly, then there is an immediate opportunity for black market sellers, same as fags.

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 08:54 - Jul 5 with 1652 viewsfooters

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 08:48 - Jul 5 by chicoazul

I've given you that solution. Deliver the Chico lecture on the evils of drugs and before you know it she'll be swooning at the power of your argument and won't have eyes for Dave in accounts at all anymore.

Going out to some swanky party later as it goes. I'll try this tactic and report on its effectiveness :)

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 09:02 - Jul 5 with 1628 viewsJakeITFC

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 08:53 - Jul 5 by chicoazul

That's a big maybe and a different argument. If for instance you intend there to be a level of restriction on the amount of cocaine someone can buy at any one time, or on the number of times one could buy it in for instance a month, or on the strength, or you make it costly, then there is an immediate opportunity for black market sellers, same as fags.

The black market for cigarettes is a fraction of the actual market though and is largely due to shop owners offering a cheaper alternative at the point of purchase (ie you don’t have to go to a street corner to pick up ropey fags).

I don’t expect the counter at boots to offer heavily cut gear at a discount.
Please stop buying illegal drugs on 09:10 - Jul 5 with 1602 viewschicoazul

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 09:02 - Jul 5 by JakeITFC

The black market for cigarettes is a fraction of the actual market though and is largely due to shop owners offering a cheaper alternative at the point of purchase (ie you don’t have to go to a street corner to pick up ropey fags).

I don’t expect the counter at boots to offer heavily cut gear at a discount.

Your last sentence; why not? If they don't, we will surely still have an illegal market, dealers etc?

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 09:14 - Jul 5 with 1594 viewsJakeITFC

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 09:10 - Jul 5 by chicoazul

Your last sentence; why not? If they don't, we will surely still have an illegal market, dealers etc?

For the same reason there isn’t a black market for minced meat mixed with sawdust.
It's not a different argument on 09:14 - Jul 5 with 1602 viewsDyland

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 08:53 - Jul 5 by chicoazul

The fact it doesn't sit comfortably on some moral level with you is why policy makers won't address it properly and legislate.

In practice it is far easier to legislate, even if legislation and control are not a Nirvana solution, than to stop people consuming intoxicating or psychedelic substances, from booze to ecstasy to helium gas to heroin.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 09:16 - Jul 5 with 1584 viewschicoazul

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 09:14 - Jul 5 by JakeITFC

For the same reason there isn’t a black market for minced meat mixed with sawdust.

Facetious.
You said legalisation will end a lot of this misery overnight but if Boots wont sell me as much as I want over the counter, there's an opportunity for gangsters to come in.

It's not a different argument on 09:18 - Jul 5 with 1574 viewschicoazul

It's not a different argument on 09:14 - Jul 5 by Dyland

The fact it doesn't sit comfortably on some moral level with you is why policy makers won't address it properly and legislate.

In practice it is far easier to legislate, even if legislation and control are not a Nirvana solution, than to stop people consuming intoxicating or psychedelic substances, from booze to ecstasy to helium gas to heroin.

Surely "in practice" as you say it is far easier for people who arent addicts (who are the vast majority of drug buyers) to simply not buy illegal drugs? That's literally the easiest most simple solution, wont cost any money, will make those people a bit healthier, and will contribute to there being many fewer 13 year olds carrying drugs in their rectum under threats of extreme violence.

It's not a different argument on 09:21 - Jul 5 with 1559 viewsHerbivore

It's not a different argument on 09:14 - Jul 5 by Dyland

There are some parallels here with the debate about climate change. Some people think it's down to individuals not using single use plastics, changing their lifestyle etc. Whilst all of that potentially helps it makes a tiny dent in comparison to what would happen if governments and big corporations radically changed policy. The issue with drugs is not that people want to use them, it's that they are illegal. The illegality creates the problem.

And Chico frequently takes aim at the wrong people, he himself posted an article some months back which said that the gangs responsible for the violence and criminal exploitation of kids are running heroin and crack. It's cheap and can be sold in volume to addicts. They aren't ordinarily running coke and MDMA. They operate in run down estates where nobody can afford that kind of stuff. Someone doing a pill at a festival isn't responsible for a teenager getting shanked in London.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It's not a different argument on 09:27 - Jul 5 with 1560 viewsDyland

It's not a different argument on 09:18 - Jul 5 by chicoazul

Surely "in practice" as you say it is far easier for people who arent addicts (who are the vast majority of drug buyers) to simply not buy illegal drugs? That's literally the easiest most simple solution, wont cost any money, will make those people a bit healthier, and will contribute to there being many fewer 13 year olds carrying drugs in their rectum under threats of extreme violence.

No, as evidenced every minute of every hour of every day.

Btw, if the vast number of drug users aren't addicts then there's unlikely to be the problem you suppose in your reply to Jakers, if cocaine e.g. were legally controlled.

You are so entrenched there's little point arguing with you Chickers, it's a waste of both our time.

I put it to you that you are also part of the problem. Perhaps you should lobby your MP on how to legislate better to protect children from the drugs trade, which could involve better policing, education and awareness etc., as well as the admittedly more tricky path of legalisation. That's more likely to have an impact than posting your opinion on TWTD.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 09:28 - Jul 5 with 1549 viewsBiGDonnie

Brilliant.

But if her response is, 'I'll give you a blow job if you give me a line', what shall I respond with?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 09:30 - Jul 5 with 1542 viewsfooters

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 09:28 - Jul 5 by BiGDonnie

Brilliant.

But if her response is, 'I'll give you a blow job if you give me a line', what shall I respond with?

"Give me the blowjob first, then you can have the line"

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 09:35 - Jul 5 with 1524 viewsStokieBlue

I thought that didn't work for you either?

This might help, no need to thank me:

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 09:35 - Jul 5 with 1524 viewsBiGDonnie

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 09:30 - Jul 5 by footers

"Give me the blowjob first, then you can have the line"

You’ve just given me an idea.

I’ll meet her in the middle and..... you know the rest!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

It's not a different argument on 09:38 - Jul 5 with 1515 viewschicoazul

It's not a different argument on 09:27 - Jul 5 by Dyland

No, as evidenced every minute of every hour of every day.

Btw, if the vast number of drug users aren't addicts then there's unlikely to be the problem you suppose in your reply to Jakers, if cocaine e.g. were legally controlled.

You are so entrenched there's little point arguing with you Chickers, it's a waste of both our time.

I put it to you that you are also part of the problem. Perhaps you should lobby your MP on how to legislate better to protect children from the drugs trade, which could involve better policing, education and awareness etc., as well as the admittedly more tricky path of legalisation. That's more likely to have an impact than posting your opinion on TWTD.

If you're saying that people have done do and will always want to get high then I would say I am more optimist than you about the chances of changing that, especially when it's made clear to them their choices can end with children stabbing other children to death in the street.
I think, but am not certain, that the majority of drug buyers buy drugs less than once a month. That would mean they arent addicts, wouldnt it?
I have indeed lobbied my MP on this topic. I asked her to get the Police to arrest people who buy drugs (since they dont bother anymore) and for her to push the Judiciary to throw them in prison if they are found guilty. In the meantime i'll keep posting about what I want to post about.

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 09:40 - Jul 5 with 1506 viewsfooters

Please stop buying illegal drugs on 09:35 - Jul 5 by StokieBlue

I thought that didn't work for you either?

This might help, no need to thank me:

SB

I'm still trying to persuade the lesbian I'm in love with to bat for the other team. Not having much luck.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024