Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right, have I got it wrong? 19:11 - Jul 8 with 4658 viewsROKERITE

Sorry to start a new thread but reading the posts on here, and in particular the rather cryptic replies to my posts on another thread, I need to ask the question.
I was under the impression that although last season was a disastrous one for your club there was much optimism as it ended. I understood Lambert to have connected with the supporters and the form to have improved greatly. I thought there was much optimism that the worst was behind you and that walking away from Portman Road after the final day victory over Leeds you were looking forward already to the 2019-20 season.
Have I misinterpreted the situation in a big way? Are most supporters happy with Lambert?
Right, have I got it wrong? on 20:35 - Jul 8 with 911 viewsGuthrum

Right, have I got it wrong? on 19:42 - Jul 8 by J2BLUE

For someone usually so balanced that first paragraph is complete rubbish.

No one is asking for a 'large pool' of money. We've sold Harrison and received a few million in sell on fees but it increasingly looks and sounds like we are going with what we've got (and maybe one more striker). No one thinks league one is a higher standard but it is quite physical and we could do with a couple more senior players in defence. None of that is asking too much.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 19:46]

Whilst I was being rather caustic, the number of posts predicting we will be fortunate to escape relegation to League Two without serious investment, or basing judgement of how players will do in League One on their performance in the Championship last season, would suggest there is at least some truth in my summation of many people's attitudes.

We've received that sell-on clause money (or will do eventually) and saved a bit in wage cuts, but we're also battling what would be, at the quoted £9m, a more than 50% drop in income and more stringent buget limits than we have had before. If Evans pours cash in, we are liable to suffer fines, transfer embargoes and even points deductions.

Nobody has said we are not going to get any more signings in, just that they are extremely unlikely to involve anything much in fees.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Right, have I got it wrong? on 20:39 - Jul 8 with 904 viewsGuthrum

Right, have I got it wrong? on 19:50 - Jul 8 by SpruceMoose

I hear you. I think there are some outliers who think we should be a big fish in a small pond and Evans should be making it rain, but in the main people on here seem to me mainly concerned with our lack of depth in a few key areas, and are growing worried that we haven't done any business in those areas yet.

Mark these Moose's words. If we don't come straight back up, I fear we are going to replay the last ten years... but in League One and eventually League Two.

On that prediction, I don't think you are far wrong. The longer we spend in this division, the harder it will become to get promoted back out of it again.

The only saving grace perhaps being that we might be seen as a tempting project for some big investor.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Right, have I got it wrong? on 20:50 - Jul 8 with 892 viewsJ2BLUE

Right, have I got it wrong? on 20:35 - Jul 8 by Guthrum

Whilst I was being rather caustic, the number of posts predicting we will be fortunate to escape relegation to League Two without serious investment, or basing judgement of how players will do in League One on their performance in the Championship last season, would suggest there is at least some truth in my summation of many people's attitudes.

We've received that sell-on clause money (or will do eventually) and saved a bit in wage cuts, but we're also battling what would be, at the quoted £9m, a more than 50% drop in income and more stringent buget limits than we have had before. If Evans pours cash in, we are liable to suffer fines, transfer embargoes and even points deductions.

Nobody has said we are not going to get any more signings in, just that they are extremely unlikely to involve anything much in fees.

Much more balanced.

Quite a few have said we won't get anyone else in. I spent last week arguing with them although I think they might be closer to the truth than I had hoped. I think we'll get a striker and that will be it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Right, have I got it wrong? on 21:01 - Jul 8 with 877 viewsDanTheMan

Right, have I got it wrong? on 19:42 - Jul 8 by J2BLUE

For someone usually so balanced that first paragraph is complete rubbish.

No one is asking for a 'large pool' of money. We've sold Harrison and received a few million in sell on fees but it increasingly looks and sounds like we are going with what we've got (and maybe one more striker). No one thinks league one is a higher standard but it is quite physical and we could do with a couple more senior players in defence. None of that is asking too much.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 19:46]

Agreed.

I wasn't expecting a large pot, but I was expecting the pot to actually exist. Seems bizarre to me that this has not scared ME into thinking "maybe my plan of spending no money is not working"

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Right, have I got it wrong? on 21:45 - Jul 8 with 841 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Right, have I got it wrong? on 21:52 - Jul 8 with 835 viewsMrTown

Said it last season, will say it again. He gets judged for me from now, gets judged the exact same way I would or have judged any other Town manager.

His good press last year just means that I want him to do well here that little bit extra now, but won’t effect how I judge him.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Right, have I got it wrong? on 22:42 - Jul 8 with 810 viewsKieran_Knows

Right, have I got it wrong? on 19:37 - Jul 8 by Guthrum

To give a straight answer to your question, it's not Lambert who has caused the current dark cloud, but the fact that Evans has (apparently to some people's surprise) once again not provided a large pot of money so we can buy loads of expensive players this summer. Which supposedly we desperately need, what with the standard of League One being so much higher than the Championship.

This compounded by a narrow early pre-season friendly loss to a team from the German top tier. With arguably our two best outfield players watching from the stands.

And the Manager failing to declare that we will walk the division with ease, instead trying to manage expectations.

All we’re asking is for Evans to supply Lambert with a budget which (hopefully) sees us return to the championship at the first time of asking. A mid table league 1 goalkeeper and a striker that’s never played higher than league 2 (although I do think Norwood will prove a good signing) hardly sets the pulses racing. Couple our (lack of) transfer activity and hoping the majority of the sh*t show of squad last season somehow turn in to top 6 contenders plus hoping our youngsters can make the step up seems a bit of a recipe for disaster to me.

Still, let’s hope this trip out to Germany does the players/staff good and we see an addition or 2 before the big kick off.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Right, have I got it wrong? on 23:25 - Jul 8 with 800 viewsBlueBadger

Right, have I got it wrong? on 21:52 - Jul 8 by MrTown

Said it last season, will say it again. He gets judged for me from now, gets judged the exact same way I would or have judged any other Town manager.

His good press last year just means that I want him to do well here that little bit extra now, but won’t effect how I judge him.

So, basically, you're placing press conferences over results?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Right, have I got it wrong? on 08:02 - Jul 9 with 744 viewsKeaneish

Right, have I got it wrong? on 19:56 - Jul 8 by BlueBadger

We DID have a lot of smug newspapers telling us 'we told you so' for letting go a manager who'd gone stale in the role though.

It was far worse than that. We had had that miserablist Chris Sutton piping up at any opportunity on one of his many media forums.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024