Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? 14:04 - Jul 17 with 7045 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

A lot of credible witnesses have stepped forward in the past two years.

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 15:02 - Jul 17 with 2311 viewsSaigonTractor

If an alien race advanced enough to have mastered intergalactic travel visited earth then I highly doubt there's much any government could do to cover it up.
Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 15:03 - Jul 17 with 2301 viewsjeera

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:49 - Jul 17 by wkj

As long as they don't want us to join the Interstellar Union and start dictating our laws from Proxima-B, I really couldn't give a hoot.

Surely there'd be some sort of get-out option.

Like an Article 51.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 15:04 - Jul 17 with 2298 viewscrunchie1978

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:47 - Jul 17 by StokieBlue

Those are all good points, especially with regards to staying but I don't think a lot of that holds when talking about a technological civilisation rather than an evolved creature. Certainly humans are brilliantly adapted to life on Earth, natural selection and evolution has made it that way, however:

"HG Wells War of the Worlds had the Martians defeated by our bacteria."

This is entirely technology level dependent. It's very feasible that an interstellar civilisation would not be bothered by such things either through the use of nanites or other advanced medical tech.

"Can they breathe the air.
Is the air pressure too weak/too strong.
Is the chemical makeup of the atmosphere poisonous.
Is the gravity too weak/too strong. "

All of these could be covered by suits, which if sufficiently advanced would be thin and easy to move in. Again, it's another point entirely dependent on technology. Even at our level we can go to other bodies (the moon, Mars pretty soon) and survive using a fairly primitive method of the above.

"Are the suns rays that make it through our atmosphere harmful"

This radiation is far stronger in space, if they made it here then this shouldn't be an issue as they would have ways of mitigating it.

"There's too many variables which leaves Earth only fit for earthlings."

I don't believe this is the case given all the above. By the same token you are saying humans won't ever visit or explore somewhere else and stay - something which I think will happen throughout the solar system.

SB

They've bin and gorn buh.....caused the flood then f##ked orf!
Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 15:04 - Jul 17 with 2299 viewsBigManBlue

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 15:02 - Jul 17 by SaigonTractor

If an alien race advanced enough to have mastered intergalactic travel visited earth then I highly doubt there's much any government could do to cover it up.

Perhaps they took one look at our foreign earth muck, b*ggered off and covered it up themselves?

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 15:06 - Jul 17 with 2288 viewsSaigonTractor

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 15:04 - Jul 17 by BigManBlue

Perhaps they took one look at our foreign earth muck, b*ggered off and covered it up themselves?

Perhaps. But it would be like a human trying to cover up their visit to an ant hill.
Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 15:06 - Jul 17 with 2286 viewsfooters

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 15:04 - Jul 17 by BigManBlue

To be fair, if cored cattle rectums are your food of choice then they may well have been disappointed. Unless they landed in Brazil of course.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 15:07 - Jul 17 with 2283 viewsjeera

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 15:02 - Jul 17 by crunchie1978

Being a martian myself at what evolutionary stage is stowmarket currently at?

It has come on leaps I'm sure.

I heard it has more than one horse now for example.

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 15:11 - Jul 17 with 2270 viewscrunchie1978

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 15:07 - Jul 17 by jeera

It has come on leaps I'm sure.

I heard it has more than one horse now for example.

Huss you mean?
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 15:13 - Jul 17 with 2267 viewsjeera

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 15:11 - Jul 17 by crunchie1978

Huss you mean?

Ah, now that's one thing it always was good for.

There and Felixstowe.

And Thetford.

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 15:30 - Jul 17 with 2257 viewswellyblue

I did my degree at UEA and lived just off the Earlham Rd, I can confirm that not only have aliens visited this planet they are still living here.
Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 17:07 - Jul 17 with 2221 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 17:36 - Jul 17 with 2212 viewsGuthrum

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 14:34 - Jul 17 by J2BLUE

No idea but space is infinite and I think it's incredibly arrogant to assume we're the only life.

Also, it's polite to respect beliefs that god made the earth and created life but believing in aliens (which makes a whole lot more sense if you look back in history) is considered mad.

Overall i'm alien agnostic.

The other element in this equation is time.

Detectable human civilisation (since the earliest urban centres/ritual sites, about 10,000 years) has only existed for 0.000073% of the life of the universe. We've only been emitting (very weak) radio signals for around 130 years.

The chances of another civilisation existing at the same time as us is tiny, let alone being somewhere within hearing range, having the technology to receive and recognise signals, then travel here across vast distances.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 17:54 - Jul 17 with 2203 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 15:02 - Jul 17 by crunchie1978

Being a martian myself at what evolutionary stage is stowmarket currently at?

Hang on a second, your user name is crunchie but you say you are from Mars? Bit of a Twix situation going on here...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 18:00 - Jul 17 with 2196 viewsPJH

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 17:54 - Jul 17 by WeWereZombies

Hang on a second, your user name is crunchie but you say you are from Mars? Bit of a Twix situation going on here...

There might be a bounty on him.
Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 18:08 - Jul 17 with 2184 viewsStokieBlue

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 17:36 - Jul 17 by Guthrum

Detectable human civilisation (since the earliest urban centres/ritual sites, about 10,000 years) has only existed for 0.000073% of the life of the universe. We've only been emitting (very weak) radio signals for around 130 years.

The chances of another civilisation existing at the same time as us is tiny, let alone being somewhere within hearing range, having the technology to receive and recognise signals, then travel here across vast distances.

That's based on the current inputs to the drake equation (or some other diminishing probabilities based approach).

Finding a second genesis changes that dramatically. At present you are absolutely correct though.

Small point, they don't actually have to exist at the same time to hear our signals - of course they can't actually come and see us if they don't (which I know is the point of the thread).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 18:09 - Jul 17 with 2180 viewsfooters

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 18:00 - Jul 17 by PJH

Something about Galaxy.

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 18:10 - Jul 17 with 2178 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 17:36 - Jul 17 by Guthrum

I have no idea if aliens have been here,I just think there is life 'out there' somewhere. How advanced it is, I don't know.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 18:10 - Jul 17 with 2177 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 18:09 - Jul 17 by footers

Something about Galaxy.

Or Milky Way...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 18:14 - Jul 17 with 2167 viewsjas0999

No.
Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 18:20 - Jul 17 with 2149 viewssparks

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 18:14 - Jul 17 by jas0999

No.

No. There is simply no decent evidence of it having happened, and no logical explanation for any "cover up". Let alone any basis on which to conclude it is even a possibility.

It appears highly likely that life exists elsewhere than this planet. But that is another issue.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 18:35 - Jul 17 with 2130 viewsPJH

I have got five books relating to what might or might not have happened in Rendlesham Forest in December 1980 and I would not state that "no I do not believe" so put me down as a "maybe".
Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 18:38 - Jul 17 with 2128 viewsfooters

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 18:20 - Jul 17 by sparks

No. There is simply no decent evidence of it having happened, and no logical explanation for any "cover up". Let alone any basis on which to conclude it is even a possibility.

It appears highly likely that life exists elsewhere than this planet. But that is another issue.

"Let alone any basis on which to conclude it is even a possibility."

I have provided two very compelling arguments based on extremely strong conjecture on page 1 of this very thread.

The silence is deafening.

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 18:40 - Jul 17 with 2123 viewssparks

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 18:38 - Jul 17 by footers

"Let alone any basis on which to conclude it is even a possibility."

I have provided two very compelling arguments based on extremely strong conjecture on page 1 of this very thread.

The silence is deafening.

Nope- we don't know if its even possible.

The answer remains the same even though I have now looked at the post in question and understand its tone :-)
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 18:41]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 18:45 - Jul 17 with 2116 viewscrunchie1978

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 18:00 - Jul 17 by PJH

Change the topic!
Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 19:25 - Jul 17 with 2091 viewsRyorry

Anyone believe aliens have visited this planet? on 18:10 - Jul 17 by WeWereZombies

Or Milky Way...

You're all fruit & nut cases ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024