Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3-5-2 21:45 - Aug 19 with 3451 viewsIpswich24

I would like to see us go with 3-5-2 now we appear to have wing backs who can get up and down, think we have the players plus Doncien and Kenlock need to be dropped. can then get Skuse as the sweeper and get Downes and Huws together in midfield. Can then get Judge/Rowe in their favored position. What do we all think?

GK- Holy
CB- Chambers
CB Skuse
CB Woolfenden
RWB Vincent-Young
LWB Georgiou
CM Downes
CM Huws
AM Rowe
CF Norwood
CF Jackson

Subs
Norris
Judge
Dozzell
El Mizoni
Wilson
Edwards
Roberts

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

3-5-2 on 08:59 - Aug 20 with 642 viewsNthQldITFC

Its good to have that option now. I like the idea personally, but it doesn't have to be one or the other religiously. Having the flexibility to change system depending on the game is so important, so I'd train for it, and give it a go when the time is right.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

3-5-2 on 09:18 - Aug 20 with 619 viewsDevereuxxx

With Skuse as the central CB doesn't that make this essentially a 4-4-2 diamond when we are attacking? As Skuse will step forward out of the defence with the two wing-backs providing the width?

I like the general idea - mostly because we're clearly strongest in the centre of the park - but 3-5-2 can turn quite defensive against weaker teams. When England utilised a version of that in the last couple of years, sometimes it felt as if the third CB was a bit superfluous against lower teams who were happy to sit back and we had to try and break them down. But, having Skuse as the third CB does negate that a little.

I personally am not a big fan of the current 4-4-2. I don't think the midfield has enough creativity to make chances for the two up front apart from trying to get it in behind or get it out wide. I'd like to see Lambert go for a 4-2-3-1 with either Judge or Rowe in that number 10 role, to try and pass through the lines a bit more. If Lambert doesn't think Judge is ready for a start at home against one of the weaker opposition in the league, then he must be well off full match fitness/sharpness.
3-5-2 on 09:20 - Aug 20 with 617 viewsMrTown

It looks a good team on paper, we have never played a 3 at the back well though, although it will allow Judge back in his rightful position.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

3-5-2 on 09:24 - Aug 20 with 611 viewsHerbivore

3-5-2 on 09:20 - Aug 20 by MrTown

It looks a good team on paper, we have never played a 3 at the back well though, although it will allow Judge back in his rightful position.

The bench?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

3-5-2 on 11:08 - Aug 20 with 591 viewsThatMuhrenCross

I agree whole-heartedly with the formation, but not the personnel.

This is how I'd use it:

------------------------------------HOLY------------------------------------

----------CHAMBERS-----WOOLFENDEN----NSIALA----------------

VINCENT-YOUNG------SKUSE---DOWNES---------------GARBUTT

-----------------------------------JUDGE-----------------------------------

----------------NORWOOD--------------------JACKSON----------------

Maybe a little harsh on Rowe - although I'd be quite happy seeing him play in that Judge role.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

3-5-2 on 11:10 - Aug 20 with 588 viewsBigManBlue

3-5-2 on 11:08 - Aug 20 by ThatMuhrenCross

I agree whole-heartedly with the formation, but not the personnel.

This is how I'd use it:

------------------------------------HOLY------------------------------------

----------CHAMBERS-----WOOLFENDEN----NSIALA----------------

VINCENT-YOUNG------SKUSE---DOWNES---------------GARBUTT

-----------------------------------JUDGE-----------------------------------

----------------NORWOOD--------------------JACKSON----------------

Maybe a little harsh on Rowe - although I'd be quite happy seeing him play in that Judge role.

3-5-2 gets the most out of our bloated midfield but not sure we have the right sort of centre halves for this.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

3-5-2 on 11:21 - Aug 20 with 584 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

3-5-2 on 21:51 - Aug 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

He has also been suited at CB in a three on occasions.

Not saying I agree with his personnel, but I do like 3-5-2, and think it could work for us.

3-5-2 I like the sound of it

could skuse play as a sweeper

Donancian would be good on the bench cover at cb and lb and rb
3-5-2 on 11:28 - Aug 20 with 577 viewsHerbivore

3-5-2 on 11:10 - Aug 20 by BigManBlue

3-5-2 gets the most out of our bloated midfield but not sure we have the right sort of centre halves for this.

We definitely don't have the right centre halves for it. And other formations utilise our midfield options even better, the narrow 4-4-2 diamond for example.

Login to get fewer ads

3-5-2 on 11:28 - Aug 20 with 577 viewsStokieBlue

3-5-2 on 11:21 - Aug 20 by BtreeBlueBlood

3-5-2 I like the sound of it

could skuse play as a sweeper

Donancian would be good on the bench cover at cb and lb and rb

Has Skuse ever played as a sweeper?

Has he been arguably our best midfielder in the opening 3 matches?

Lets move him around then.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

3-5-2 on 11:28 - Aug 20 with 576 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

3-5-2 on 11:10 - Aug 20 by BigManBlue

we are only using
3 midfielder in this system

Skuse, Downes and judge
3-5-2 on 11:31 - Aug 20 with 574 viewsBigManBlue

3-5-2 on 11:28 - Aug 20 by Herbivore

We definitely don't have the right centre halves for it. And other formations utilise our midfield options even better, the narrow 4-4-2 diamond for example.

Agreed, I'm a fan of the diamond. If these new lads are better going forward than our existing options then it's what I'd go for 100%.

3-5-2 on 11:33 - Aug 20 with 570 viewsBigManBlue

3-5-2 on 11:28 - Aug 20 by BtreeBlueBlood

we are only using
3 midfielder in this system

Skuse, Downes and judge

Gets everyone playing in their best role though I would have thought. Anyway as above, I still prefer the diamond, when we've used it before I thought that we only looked short of decent full-backs providing width away from being useful.

3-5-2 on 11:50 - Aug 20 with 557 viewsHerbivore

3-5-2 on 11:31 - Aug 20 by BigManBlue

Agreed, I'm a fan of the diamond. If these new lads are better going forward than our existing options then it's what I'd go for 100%.

Agreed. It also enables Skuse to drop back between the CBs to cover any counter attacks if the full backs are caught high up the pitch. We played our best footy last season under Lambert in the few games we used the diamond and for me with the new players we now have its the obvious system for the players we have.

Skuse at the base (Downes to provide cover) then Downes, Nolan and Bish competing on the right of the diamond, Dozzell and Huws on the left (Nolan could play there too), then Judge fighting it out with Rowe and El Mizouni to play the advanced role. That midfield should dominate games.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024