Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni 23:09 - Aug 20 with 3864 viewshomer_123

Couple that with Kenlock, that's exactly what we want to see. Our players being given the opportunity to play first team football.

It didnt work in the first half...we struggled terribly to move with any sort of pace and purpose. We were laboured and although had bright periods...again, we were undone by a collective mistake.

However...Downes and Wolfy looked excellent and Dozzell showed with that 1 pass what hes capable of. They need nurturing and time and we must must must be patient.

A change to 4-4-2 worked against a tiring Wimbledon trying to hold on. Jackson looked threatening...proper scary pace when defenders are tired and our little winger from Spurs looked decent.

We won....3 points is 3 points and works towards getting over last season. A joy to see so many of our players starting a match even if the first half was awful.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 23:28 - Aug 20 with 3780 viewsStokieBlue

The trouble is Dozzell did nothing else at all except that pass. Georgiou came on and showed the difference, all intent and quality and there isn't a huge difference in age.

Different positions of course but the difference was stark.

SB
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 23:29]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 23:39 - Aug 20 with 3723 viewshomer_123

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 23:28 - Aug 20 by StokieBlue

The trouble is Dozzell did nothing else at all except that pass. Georgiou came on and showed the difference, all intent and quality and there isn't a huge difference in age.

Different positions of course but the difference was stark.

SB
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 23:29]

Only 1 outlet to pass to for him though and Norwood was not in it in the first half.

Judge came on and was equally ineffective.

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 23:43 - Aug 20 with 3697 viewsCoco

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 23:39 - Aug 20 by homer_123

Only 1 outlet to pass to for him though and Norwood was not in it in the first half.

That’s simply not true. Judge is always available and buzzing about. Dozzell was just ineffective. No need to keep making excuses for him.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 23:53 - Aug 20 with 3645 viewshomer_123

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 23:43 - Aug 20 by Coco

That’s simply not true. Judge is always available and buzzing about. Dozzell was just ineffective. No need to keep making excuses for him.

Not making excuses.

Those were the facts....bear in mind I've clearly stated we were awful in the first half.

2 long balls from Judge in the second half that were close to being decent. Yes...he buzzes about but was no more effective than Dozzell.

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 23:55 - Aug 20 with 3634 viewsSE1blue

I was disappointed when El Mouzuni came off.

Thought he was one of the better first half performers and was just robbed of the chance of playing with two up front. He's an exciting player.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 00:00 - Aug 21 with 3608 viewsGarv

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 23:53 - Aug 20 by homer_123

Not making excuses.

Those were the facts....bear in mind I've clearly stated we were awful in the first half.

2 long balls from Judge in the second half that were close to being decent. Yes...he buzzes about but was no more effective than Dozzell.

He was so much more effective than Dozzell. What were you watching?

Our game changes almost instantly when Judge comes on. He doesn’t produce quality every time but he just gets us playing more probing football. Dozzell can but his success rate is nowhere near as good and simply doesn’t get the ball enough.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 00:01 - Aug 21 with 3602 viewsWickets

A great through ball from Dozzell but Judge is light years ahead of him , gonna be a big big player for us this season .
Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 00:05 - Aug 21 with 3588 viewssuffolkpoker

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 23:53 - Aug 20 by homer_123

Not making excuses.

Didn’t Judge knock the ball over the top for the winner?

First half I thought the best to come out off it was Downes, Skuse, and Rowe.

I thought both are full backs look weak, don’t offer much going forwards and a mistake waiting to happen.

I like the look of the spurs winger, Jackson scared them to death with pace.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 00:05 - Aug 21 with 3579 viewshomer_123

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 00:05 - Aug 21 by suffolkpoker

Didn’t Judge knock the ball over the top for the winner?

First half I thought the best to come out off it was Downes, Skuse, and Rowe.

I thought both are full backs look weak, don’t offer much going forwards and a mistake waiting to happen.

I like the look of the spurs winger, Jackson scared them to death with pace.

Skuse

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 00:06 - Aug 21 with 3571 viewshomer_123

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 00:00 - Aug 21 by Garv

He was so much more effective than Dozzell. What were you watching?

Our game changes almost instantly when Judge comes on. He doesn’t produce quality every time but he just gets us playing more probing football. Dozzell can but his success rate is nowhere near as good and simply doesn’t get the ball enough.

What did Judge create today?

Hes busy for sure....more demanding of the ball as he should be with his age and experience but what did he create in open play?

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 00:07 - Aug 21 with 3567 viewshomer_123

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 00:01 - Aug 21 by Wickets

A great through ball from Dozzell but Judge is light years ahead of him , gonna be a big big player for us this season .

I hope he will be, Judge like Keane should RIP this league.

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 00:09 - Aug 21 with 3554 viewssuffolkpoker

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 00:05 - Aug 21 by homer_123

Skuse

Good ball that, I was in the Sir Alf Ramsey stand.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 00:35 - Aug 21 with 3505 viewsGarv

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 00:06 - Aug 21 by homer_123

What did Judge create today?

Hes busy for sure....more demanding of the ball as he should be with his age and experience but what did he create in open play?

He just generally got us playing forward more. He didn't really create anything directly that I remember. There were a few floated long passes looking for the strikers in behind, a couple of which led to winning attacking throw ins/corners.

Along with AG and Kenlock he helped improve our play down the left too, just creating better angles and space for teammates.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 00:46 - Aug 21 with 3469 viewstheipswichman

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 00:35 - Aug 21 by Garv

He just generally got us playing forward more. He didn't really create anything directly that I remember. There were a few floated long passes looking for the strikers in behind, a couple of which led to winning attacking throw ins/corners.

Along with AG and Kenlock he helped improve our play down the left too, just creating better angles and space for teammates.

That’s it, it’s not always who plays the killer ball it’s about who gets involved, is available, keeps the ball moving. Dozzell has clear ability with his vision and making passes but he spends too much of the game doing nothing. He’s a luxury a player and we can’t afford those at the moment. He’s young and hopefully he’ll learn but at the moment it’s not enough compared to others.

Judge on the other hand got involved, got in good areas and kept the team moving forward. It’s subtle things like this which puts teams on the front foot like we were after his introduction.
Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 07:10 - Aug 21 with 3259 viewsStokieBlue

Whilst you are right we only had one up top it doesn't really mean you can give Dozzell a free pass. Other players were getting involved.

Why are you comparing to Judge? He came on out wide, if you want to compare to someone out wide why not compare to Georgiou like I did where the contrast was massive?

He needs to do far, far more if he wants to earn s regular place.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 07:40 - Aug 21 with 3175 viewsSomethingBlue

Can't agree at all on Judge — having him on last night was the difference for us.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 08:16 - Aug 21 with 3081 viewsBLUEBEAT

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 07:40 - Aug 21 by SomethingBlue

Can't agree at all on Judge — having him on last night was the difference for us.

And it was his assist for our first goal!

Poll: W or W

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 09:27 - Aug 21 with 2966 viewsWickets

Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 08:16 - Aug 21 by BLUEBEAT

And it was his assist for our first goal!

We just got going and the new boy and Judge where a huge part of it .
Downes, Wolfenden, Dozzell, El Mouzuni on 09:38 - Aug 21 with 2921 viewsGeoffSentence

How can you claim Judge was ineffective when we scored from one of his corners?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024