Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
how often do package holiday co.s do this? 13:36 - Aug 27 with 4415 viewssparks

Flight home changed from 830 pm to 830 am. Same day. So a whole day holiday lost on a 7 day trip.

They have offered to pay for our parking and book seats for us to be together on plane. Supposedly worth 130 quid. A fraction of the cost of 1/7 of the holiday...

Will never use Tui again.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 13:39]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 22:23 - Aug 27 with 1048 viewsStokieBlue

That's rubbish.

BA cancelled my flight back from a holiday I'm currently on (months in advance to be fair) and rebooked it for the morning so we would lose a day as well.

Emailed and said no way, fly us back the next day and to be fair they agreed. I'm assuming TUI don't have chartered flights the next day you could push for?

Incredibly annoying of them and unacceptable, should at least refund the day you're missing, not that it's much conciliation.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 22:27 - Aug 27 with 1046 viewsStokieBlue

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 21:48 - Aug 27 by sparks

Ive done new york with expedia- which was painless.

Not taken the family on a flight / package holiday before. Wanted to do it properly. 4 fecking Ks for a week in October!

If you do cancel check out Ikos.

https://ikosresorts.com/

It's really excellent.

SB
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 22:30]

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 22:38 - Aug 27 with 1023 viewssparks

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 22:27 - Aug 27 by StokieBlue

If you do cancel check out Ikos.

https://ikosresorts.com/

It's really excellent.

SB
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 22:30]

Surprisingly difficult to get accomodation suitable for a family (i.e. not a hotel room which "sleeps 4").

Just a 2 bed apartment etc.... Preferably without the type of people who appear on "Ibiza weekender" downstairs or next door!

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 22:43 - Aug 27 with 1018 viewsStokieBlue

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 22:38 - Aug 27 by sparks

Surprisingly difficult to get accomodation suitable for a family (i.e. not a hotel room which "sleeps 4").

Just a 2 bed apartment etc.... Preferably without the type of people who appear on "Ibiza weekender" downstairs or next door!

They have interconnected rooms which we used previously.

It's owned by Sani, it's honestly worth checking out given the price range you've specified although maybe not the best weather at the end of October.

Myself and a number of friends have been to the ones in Greece. Certainly no undesirables in the ilk you've described there.

It's properly all inclusive as well with a rather good 100+ bottle wine cellar selection including some rather excellent local wines.

SB
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 22:47]

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 22:47 - Aug 27 with 1015 viewssparks

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 22:43 - Aug 27 by StokieBlue

They have interconnected rooms which we used previously.

It's owned by Sani, it's honestly worth checking out given the price range you've specified although maybe not the best weather at the end of October.

Myself and a number of friends have been to the ones in Greece. Certainly no undesirables in the ilk you've described there.

It's properly all inclusive as well with a rather good 100+ bottle wine cellar selection including some rather excellent local wines.

SB
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 22:47]

Looks a bit more expensive than I have contemplated- but I will look more closely.

We have gone for Oct half term and therefore as far asouth as possible- hence Fuerteventura where it should still be 25+ mostly

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 22:49 - Aug 27 with 1009 viewsStokieBlue

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 22:47 - Aug 27 by sparks

Looks a bit more expensive than I have contemplated- but I will look more closely.

We have gone for Oct half term and therefore as far asouth as possible- hence Fuerteventura where it should still be 25+ mostly

I agree it's expensive, certainly over the summer. I've been during Easter half term and my friend is going this October half term when it's more reasonable but if you want guaranteed weather then looking further south like you've done is probably very sensible.

SB

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 23:03 - Aug 27 with 994 viewsThe_Last_Baron

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 14:02 - Aug 27 by ElephantintheRoom

Quite common. They may have merged flights or swapped a slot. Times are tough in the holiday business because of something called Brexit If you voted for Brexit, blame yourself. If you didn't blame rabid Tory extremists. And perhaps be thankful that you still have a holiday to go to.

What a load of cr@p.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 23:09 - Aug 27 with 989 viewsjeera

If you see that family dancing about can you give that irritating kid a swift kick when no one's looking please.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 23:20 - Aug 27 with 985 viewsElderGrizzly

Regularly.

Scheduled airlines do it too. Some friends had their BA flights moved by 7 hours.
how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 00:46 - Aug 28 with 964 viewshoppy

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 17:18 - Aug 27 by SpruceMoose

At the end of the day, if you cancel, they won't really care. Let it settle then do whatever is best for you and the family.

Bit of a heartless comment - using the phrase “at the end of the day”, when Tui are trying to move their flight to the start of the day...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 00:54 - Aug 28 with 960 viewsjeera

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 00:46 - Aug 28 by hoppy

Bit of a heartless comment - using the phrase “at the end of the day”, when Tui are trying to move their flight to the start of the day...

At least he didn't say to sleep on it.

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 00:59 - Aug 28 with 953 viewsjeera

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 21:48 - Aug 27 by sparks

Ive done new york with expedia- which was painless.

Not taken the family on a flight / package holiday before. Wanted to do it properly. 4 fecking Ks for a week in October!

That's a lot of money for a short space of time - now even shorter!

I'd cancel and put it towards another time when you have a chance to look about perhaps more closely?

In fact, sod that for 6 days mate.

They've done you a favour.

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 01:48 - Aug 28 with 937 viewsSpruceMoose

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 00:46 - Aug 28 by hoppy

Oh Hoppy. Have I told you lately that I love you?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 08:24 - Aug 28 with 874 viewshoppy

how often do package holiday co.s do this? on 01:48 - Aug 28 by SpruceMoose

Oh Hoppy. Have I told you lately that I love you?

No. 😢

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024