Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would love to see Nolan start today... 08:49 - Aug 31 with 5319 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...will be revved up against his former club.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 09:58 - Aug 31 with 1348 viewsPJH

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 09:44 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

I like Nolan but for a more forward thinking midfield player I make him behind Huws in the pecking order, probaby Bishop too when he's back fit. Nolan is an odd one to be calling for when Huws is getting back to match fitness and has come off the bench a few times already.

Yes, Huws looked quite good in his 30 minutes or so last week, although just about anyone should have looked good in that game, so I would not mind seeing him start today.
Would love to see Nolan start today... on 10:00 - Aug 31 with 1343 viewsHerbivore

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 09:51 - Aug 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

To be honest, I am a big fan of Huws, but given his injury record over the past 3 years he needs to be used from the bench for a while.

Realistically, I don't think you can Base your seasons strategy on having Huws and / or Bishop consistently fit and available. I wish we could.

Thankfully we don't need to base anything around them as we have plenty of other options. I just see both as being better options if we want to add a more forward thinking midfielder into the mix. At the moment though I'd stick with Skuse and Downes.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 10:02 - Aug 31 with 1337 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 10:00 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

Thankfully we don't need to base anything around them as we have plenty of other options. I just see both as being better options if we want to add a more forward thinking midfielder into the mix. At the moment though I'd stick with Skuse and Downes.

I agree that both are better options IF FIT.

But those two players being consistently fit is an outside chance at best.

You asked why I chose Nolan above those two, and thats my answer.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 10:04 - Aug 31 with 1333 viewsHerbivore

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 10:02 - Aug 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

I agree that both are better options IF FIT.

But those two players being consistently fit is an outside chance at best.

You asked why I chose Nolan above those two, and thats my answer.

Huws has had a full preseason though and has played minutes from the bench. Nolan is behind him in terms of match fitness currently.

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 10:08 - Aug 31 with 1332 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 10:04 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

Huws has had a full preseason though and has played minutes from the bench. Nolan is behind him in terms of match fitness currently.

My point is not that Huws is not match fit, it's that he has a propensity to break down and get injured for large chunks of the season.

Huws track record of getting on the pitch and staying fit is abysmal. I think he'll still be nursed back into action slowly.

Nolan has the ability to come back and play a run of matches.

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 10:13 - Aug 31 with 1324 viewsHerbivore

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 10:08 - Aug 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

My point is not that Huws is not match fit, it's that he has a propensity to break down and get injured for large chunks of the season.

Huws track record of getting on the pitch and staying fit is abysmal. I think he'll still be nursed back into action slowly.

Nolan has the ability to come back and play a run of matches.

You're kind of either match fit or you're not. If the worry is that Huws will break down again that worry will always be there given his injury record. It's not necessarily a reason to only ever have him on the bench.

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 10:19 - Aug 31 with 1313 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 10:13 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

You're kind of either match fit or you're not. If the worry is that Huws will break down again that worry will always be there given his injury record. It's not necessarily a reason to only ever have him on the bench.

There is a difference in how you integrate someone with chronic long term injuries into a team, to prevent a recurrence of injury... and how you integrate someone without those issues.

We'll have to agree to differ on this one.

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 10:39 - Aug 31 with 1297 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 08:59 - Aug 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

Might be a bit early for Nolan, but I'd still like to see it.

If we are to continue with 442, I think we need to be more ambitious and have EITHER Downes or Skuse, plus a partner.

Soon the decision will come as to whether we keep 442 and have a more dynamic pairing, or play with a 3 in the middle.

I love this.Based on what?! Arguably two of our best performers who have struck up a really good partnership and offered us a great platform so far. In your wisdom we should drop one for a player who has just come back from injury and missed the entire pre season. Not happening.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Login to get fewer ads

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 10:48 - Aug 31 with 1290 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 10:39 - Aug 31 by Terry_Nutkins

I love this.Based on what?! Arguably two of our best performers who have struck up a really good partnership and offered us a great platform so far. In your wisdom we should drop one for a player who has just come back from injury and missed the entire pre season. Not happening.

Calm down and read the thread darling.

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 10:55 - Aug 31 with 1279 viewsDevereuxxx

Probably too soon for him, but imagine he'll be involved soon enough. If we continue to play 442 he's probably the next option after Skuse and Downes, as he does offer some defensive protection.
Would love to see Nolan start today... on 10:55 - Aug 31 with 1279 viewsHerbivore

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 10:48 - Aug 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

Calm down and read the thread darling.

I'm starting to think you might be a minority of one on this issue, mate.

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 11:00 - Aug 31 with 1272 viewsStokieBlue

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 09:20 - Aug 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

Skuse and Downes have a combined 3 goals in around 300 Ipswich games.

I just think a goal threat from centre mid is good to have, and Nolan can be a 10 goal man.

Given the performance against Wimbledon with the formation change nothing should be changed right now. We have ample goal threat from two excellent forwards and good wingers (especially with Georgiou now).

The only time a formation change should be considered is when Huws is fully fit. He has to play so that might involve 3 CMs.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 11:36 - Aug 31 with 1249 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 10:55 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

I'm starting to think you might be a minority of one on this issue, mate.

Lol, doesn't make me wrong.

I'm happy to be a more progressive thinker. The world needs us.

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 11:40 - Aug 31 with 1241 viewsMullet

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 11:36 - Aug 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

Lol, doesn't make me wrong.

I'm happy to be a more progressive thinker. The world needs us.

Let us know when you plan on starting!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 11:48 - Aug 31 with 1230 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 11:40 - Aug 31 by Mullet

Let us know when you plan on starting!

...so that you can catch up?...

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 11:49 - Aug 31 with 1228 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 11:00 - Aug 31 by StokieBlue

Given the performance against Wimbledon with the formation change nothing should be changed right now. We have ample goal threat from two excellent forwards and good wingers (especially with Georgiou now).

The only time a formation change should be considered is when Huws is fully fit. He has to play so that might involve 3 CMs.

SB

Agree to differ.

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 14:18 - Aug 31 with 1192 viewsStokieBlue

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 11:49 - Aug 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agree to differ.

Can you say why you differ though?

You pushed 3 CM and a formation change before Wimbledon, it happened and it was rubbish.

So given the evidence it's hard to agree to differ really.

SB

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 16:33 - Aug 31 with 1172 viewsStokieBlue

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 11:49 - Aug 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agree to differ.

No goal threat from Downes.....

SB

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 16:39 - Aug 31 with 1160 viewsurbanblue

Would love to see Nolan start today... on 09:00 - Aug 31 by Rozz

I'd like to see him come on for the last 20 minutes at 3-0 up. No prisoners in the league, after so many changes in the cup & decisions like moving the Rochdale game. Best / (match) fittest 11 should start.

Well done!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024