Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? 11:45 - Sep 3 with 1784 viewsBluearmy71

The old ones fit these guys brilliantly imo!!

Norwood to the tune of no limits just as Bontcho was, just substituting James to Jamie or a simple We got Norwood

Jackson to the tune of Born is the king of portman road!

Downes gets the legendary Johnny Wark's he's here, he's there, he's every fooking where

Woolfenden = Walking in a woolfy wonderland

Uncomplicated stuff that the crowd knows and when we all sing it, it will sound fooking amazing
Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:47 - Sep 3 with 434 viewsDyland

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:39 - Sep 3 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Nonetheless, they don't fit well.

You've got the hump from all the far better Downes suggestions Pluggers ;) Obvs the Status Quo one being borderline genius.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:48 - Sep 3 with 433 viewsDyland

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:43 - Sep 3 by SouperJim

He's here
He's there
He's every effin where
Flynn Downes, Flynn Downes

It actually works just fine.

Nah, it doesn't. There's a reason why John became Johnnie for the Wark chant.

There have been better suggestions for Downes, like the Status Quo one. If ITFC fans can't get the hang of that one there's no hope generally.

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:52 - Sep 3 with 423 viewsDyland

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:41 - Sep 3 by Bluearmy71

Poetic license, if the Finny fits use it I say!!

I'll def call you pedantic but agreeing that you are correct will never pass my lips!!

FFs what do you mean "one flynny downes"...see it is another song you don't know, I explained the chant well enough in my OP did I not?? Well clearly not for you!!

Eh? I know the chant. It doesn't fit. As has been explained ad nauseam.

Will it do? Yes of course. If you want an unoriginal chant instead of one of the better and also very easy suggestions.

Does it "fit perfectly"? No, it doesn't.

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:52 - Sep 3 with 421 viewsBryanPlug

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:47 - Sep 3 by Dyland

Nonetheless, they don't fit well.

You've got the hump from all the far better Downes suggestions Pluggers ;) Obvs the Status Quo one being borderline genius.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:56 - Sep 3 with 411 viewsBluearmy71

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:48 - Sep 3 by Dyland

Nah, it doesn't. There's a reason why John became Johnnie for the Wark chant.

There have been better suggestions for Downes, like the Status Quo one. If ITFC fans can't get the hang of that one there's no hope generally.

It does though, you can't see it cos you don't want to do so, even more now you have realised you were crapping on about the wrong tune up until now!! ;)
Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:59 - Sep 3 with 405 viewsSwansea_Blue

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:30 - Sep 3 by Dyland

I'll just stick to the clapping one, thank you.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 13:00 - Sep 3 with 405 viewsBluearmy71

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:52 - Sep 3 by Dyland

Eh? I know the chant. It doesn't fit. As has been explained ad nauseam.

Will it do? Yes of course. If you want an unoriginal chant instead of one of the better and also very easy suggestions.

Does it "fit perfectly"? No, it doesn't.

Upped this by mistake obv!!

So you are wanting a flamboyant new fangled pop song to be come a chant, if only you had said that from the start it would have save me replying, and others who now have to read the bloody lot just to see you are are against the old chants!!

You know the ones that actually work!! ;)
Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 13:15 - Sep 3 with 391 viewsDyland

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:56 - Sep 3 by Bluearmy71

It does though, you can't see it cos you don't want to do so, even more now you have realised you were crapping on about the wrong tune up until now!! ;)

I was always talking about the Wark chant for Downes.

The exact same thread was done yesterday (or very recently), started by Pluggers. I said the exact same thing.

There's a syllable missing. If you can't see that then I don't know what else to say :)

Whilst it "will do", it does not "fit perfectly" as per the OP assertion.

Not sure why the Status Quo idea is a "flamboyant new fangled pop song" except as a descriptive straw man to attempt to add weight to your concern no one will be able to learn, which is a silly concern imho.

Perhaps best we just agree to disagree.

COYFB
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 13:15]

Login to get fewer ads

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 13:43 - Sep 3 with 383 viewsBluearmy71

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 13:15 - Sep 3 by Dyland

I was always talking about the Wark chant for Downes.

The exact same thread was done yesterday (or very recently), started by Pluggers. I said the exact same thing.

There's a syllable missing. If you can't see that then I don't know what else to say :)

Whilst it "will do", it does not "fit perfectly" as per the OP assertion.

Not sure why the Status Quo idea is a "flamboyant new fangled pop song" except as a descriptive straw man to attempt to add weight to your concern no one will be able to learn, which is a silly concern imho.

Perhaps best we just agree to disagree.

COYFB
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 13:15]

So its not a case of you just not liking old chants that work then?

I wasn't around enough yesterday to see every post, I just see people struggling to find or saying they can't find a decent song for our players, I have suggested 4 that will work, someone else suggested the same thing then that's great, it shows there is a desire to get the songs up and running for the whole crowd to sing!

Your or anyone's concept of a song having to be new is beyond me, I've seen what works , I've seen it lift the roof off the stadium time and time again and as I pointed out to you there is a reason for that!

I'm by no way adverse to a new song by any means if its good enough I'll give it a sing, the concern here is having a closed mind like yourself....oh ..oh its old so I'm not entertaining the thought that it works!

And once more its in the context of the football chant it fits perfectly not word for word perfection, yet another thing you are failing to see again probably based on the fact that you don't wish too!

Now please feel free to quote anywhere that I said I have any concern whatsoever about people learning a new song cos I'm rather sure I never, so saying that in your opinion I have a silly concern when I don't seems a little odd to me!

At the end of the day football chants never have to be perfect but the sooner we all start giving our players individual songs again the better cos it will give them a boost and shows our appreciation even more, so be it old or new lets just start singing them!
Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 14:00 - Sep 3 with 376 viewsFtnfwest

KVY gets the Aubemayang tune surely?
Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 14:25 - Sep 3 with 375 viewsDyland

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 13:43 - Sep 3 by Bluearmy71

So its not a case of you just not liking old chants that work then?

I wasn't around enough yesterday to see every post, I just see people struggling to find or saying they can't find a decent song for our players, I have suggested 4 that will work, someone else suggested the same thing then that's great, it shows there is a desire to get the songs up and running for the whole crowd to sing!

Your or anyone's concept of a song having to be new is beyond me, I've seen what works , I've seen it lift the roof off the stadium time and time again and as I pointed out to you there is a reason for that!

I'm by no way adverse to a new song by any means if its good enough I'll give it a sing, the concern here is having a closed mind like yourself....oh ..oh its old so I'm not entertaining the thought that it works!

And once more its in the context of the football chant it fits perfectly not word for word perfection, yet another thing you are failing to see again probably based on the fact that you don't wish too!

Now please feel free to quote anywhere that I said I have any concern whatsoever about people learning a new song cos I'm rather sure I never, so saying that in your opinion I have a silly concern when I don't seems a little odd to me!

At the end of the day football chants never have to be perfect but the sooner we all start giving our players individual songs again the better cos it will give them a boost and shows our appreciation even more, so be it old or new lets just start singing them!

I honestly don't give a toss about new chants vs old matey. Just arguing the toss about syllables and scansion on TWTD innit.

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 14:33 - Sep 3 with 369 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Maybe Ed Sheeran can write one for us. I'm sure he's on here.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024