Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question 10:37 - Sep 2 with 16433 viewsBrixtonBlue

Blubfish reckons last year's squad, as signed by Lambert, was the most expensive squad in our history. He reckons you're the only one who can confirm that he is correct. I reckon he's talking bobbins. What say you?

Thanks in advance.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 10:42 - Sep 2 with 4901 viewsBluefish

Pro rata btw obviously as they were loans

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 10:44 - Sep 2 with 4888 viewsxrayspecs

Would imagine the squad built by Burely around our promotion season and two years in the Prem would be the most expensive. Finidi and Sereni alone were around £8million. Add in Herraiderson, Marcus Stewart, Makin, Reuser, Gardsooe, Marcus Bent
Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 11:12 - Sep 2 with 4788 viewsMattinLondon

Sorry to sound stupid but are you including wages or just transfer fees? Think Serini was on over 30k pw. Think Marcus Bent would easy be on more money then to what anyone we had in the championship or L1.
Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 11:31 - Sep 2 with 4742 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The PL relegation bill was in the region of £24m

The last published accounts for 2017-18 had the wage bill at £17.5m. It’s likely that last year will be higher - Bart’s contract plus the various splurges on loanees due to the panic at the end of August and change of manager, but almost certainly won’t reach anywhere near £24m

So you’re right, crack out the bunting etc

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 11:32 - Sep 2 with 4732 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 10:44 - Sep 2 by xrayspecs

Would imagine the squad built by Burely around our promotion season and two years in the Prem would be the most expensive. Finidi and Sereni alone were around £8million. Add in Herraiderson, Marcus Stewart, Makin, Reuser, Gardsooe, Marcus Bent

Sereni and Finidi weren’t around £8m - that would mean they were on £77k a week 🙄

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 11:33 - Sep 2 with 4719 viewschicoazul

He means wages Jerseys.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 11:39 - Sep 2 with 4721 viewsPhilTWTD

If we're talking wages, which I assume we are, the loanees were on big money and probably meant wage bill for the season was higher than previous seasons. However, as mentioned elsewhere in the thread, think the wage bill will have been higher in the Premier League, not got time to check but I'm sure someone can find the relevant info.
Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 11:43 - Sep 2 with 4674 viewsTractorCam

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 11:39 - Sep 2 by PhilTWTD

If we're talking wages, which I assume we are, the loanees were on big money and probably meant wage bill for the season was higher than previous seasons. However, as mentioned elsewhere in the thread, think the wage bill will have been higher in the Premier League, not got time to check but I'm sure someone can find the relevant info.

Without me knowing any figures, I could have a good guess that Sereni and Finidi, maybe even Marcus Bent would have been on higher wages than Collin Quaner was.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:48 - Sep 2 with 4643 viewsBluefish

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 11:39 - Sep 2 by PhilTWTD

We will never know because only the annual wage bill will be published but the Jan - May period will run the prem very close and very probably higher
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 11:49]

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 11:49 - Sep 2 with 4629 viewschicoazul

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 11:43 - Sep 2 by TractorCam

Without me knowing any figures, I could have a good guess that Sereni and Finidi, maybe even Marcus Bent would have been on higher wages than Collin Quaner was.

I'd be very very surprised if that were true.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 12:00 - Sep 2 with 4596 viewsxrayspecs

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 11:32 - Sep 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Sereni and Finidi weren’t around £8m - that would mean they were on £77k a week 🙄

Thought we were talking about transfer fees

Sereni was around £4.5m and Finidi £3.5m iirc.
Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 12:06 - Sep 2 with 4569 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 11:43 - Sep 2 by TractorCam

In 2001-2 the average Premier League wage was c.£10k per week.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2011/10/30/revealed-official-english-footbal

That would be skewed by the top clubs, so I would think that our average wage was below that £10k per week back then.

Edit: In 2000, Keane signed a new contract worth £52k per week.

in 2001, Sol Campbell signed a deal worth £100k per week when joining Arsenal on a free.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 12:09]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 12:08 - Sep 2 with 4557 viewsBrixtonBlue

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 11:12 - Sep 2 by MattinLondon

Sorry to sound stupid but are you including wages or just transfer fees? Think Serini was on over 30k pw. Think Marcus Bent would easy be on more money then to what anyone we had in the championship or L1.

He said, "the most expensive squad in our history" and then qualified it by saying he meant wages. He's still wrong though.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 12:09 - Sep 2 with 4544 viewsBrixtonBlue

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 11:33 - Sep 2 by chicoazul

He means wages Jerseys.

Even so, he's still wrong.

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 12:10 - Sep 2 with 4529 viewsBluefish

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 12:08 - Sep 2 by BrixtonBlue

He said, "the most expensive squad in our history" and then qualified it by saying he meant wages. He's still wrong though.

Poor dolly

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:11 - Sep 2 with 4527 viewsBrixtonBlue

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:48 - Sep 2 by Bluefish

We will never know because only the annual wage bill will be published but the Jan - May period will run the prem very close and very probably higher
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 11:49]

So I did what you said, asked Phil, Phil has said he reckons you're wrong, and you still won't accept it. So that was a pretty pointless exercise wasn't it?

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 12:12 - Sep 2 with 4515 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 12:00 - Sep 2 by xrayspecs

Thought we were talking about transfer fees

Sereni was around £4.5m and Finidi £3.5m iirc.

Oh! Fair enough - he does mean wages - but I’ve just realised that isn’t clear from the OP and I only knew that as I’d read the thread that started this

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 12:12 - Sep 2 with 4511 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 12:08 - Sep 2 by BrixtonBlue

I think he did obviously mean wages in the first place, but he is still wrong

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 12:12 - Sep 2 with 4515 viewsBrixtonBlue

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 12:10 - Sep 2 by Bluefish

Poor dolly

In what way? I'm looking forward to your apology!

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:14 - Sep 2 with 4494 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:11 - Sep 2 by BrixtonBlue

So I did what you said, asked Phil, Phil has said he reckons you're wrong, and you still won't accept it. So that was a pretty pointless exercise wasn't it?

You boys will be in detention if this continues.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 12:16 - Sep 2 with 4487 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 12:06 - Sep 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

In 2001-2 the average Premier League wage was c.£10k per week.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2011/10/30/revealed-official-english-footbal

That would be skewed by the top clubs, so I would think that our average wage was below that £10k per week back then.

Edit: In 2000, Keane signed a new contract worth £52k per week.

in 2001, Sol Campbell signed a deal worth £100k per week when joining Arsenal on a free.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 12:09]

Our wage bill was £24m

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-lea

Sereni and Finidi were our top earners on around £22k a week according to various articles available from the time, which sounds about right
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 12:16]

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 12:20 - Sep 2 with 4459 viewsmonytowbray

Incoming BF meltdown? I remember how he got last time he was wrong about housing.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 12:28 - Sep 2 with 4415 viewsBluefish

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 12:20 - Sep 2 by monytowbray

Incoming BF meltdown? I remember how he got last time he was wrong about housing.

You were wrong and cried off for months

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 12:29 - Sep 2 with 4412 viewsBluefish

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 12:12 - Sep 2 by BrixtonBlue

In what way? I'm looking forward to your apology!

So desperate to prove me wrong and couldn't........again

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 12:32 - Sep 2 with 4391 viewsmonytowbray

Hi Phil, how's it going? Good weekend? I have a quick question on 12:28 - Sep 2 by Bluefish

You were wrong and cried off for months

I left here because I had some personal stuff going on but okay.

You ended up throwing your toys out the pram and throwing abuse at me because I did the literal maths for you. It was very funny.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024