Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talk about leaving it late 13:32 - Sep 5 with 5244 viewsGeoffSentence

Josh Emmanuel's move to Bolton was signed, sealed and delivered with 60 seconds of the transfer window left.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Talk about leaving it late on 13:38 - Sep 5 with 5181 viewsGuthrum

Just shows the last-minute panic this transfer window system generates.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Talk about leaving it late on 13:43 - Sep 5 with 5157 viewsSitfcB

They could’ve signed him outside of the window as we had terminated his contract though.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Talk about leaving it late on 14:00 - Sep 5 with 5088 viewsGeoffSentence

Talk about leaving it late on 13:43 - Sep 5 by SitfcB

They could’ve signed him outside of the window as we had terminated his contract though.

That's a good point. Maybe Bolton News were bigging up the urgency of the deal a little.

Talk about leaving it late on 14:05 - Sep 5 with 5076 viewsPhilTWTD

Talk about leaving it late on 14:00 - Sep 5 by GeoffSentence

That's a good point. Maybe Bolton News were bigging up the urgency of the deal a little.

It was touch and go in that manner, I was told so at the time (and reported it as it happens!), the deal was considered touch and go. Not quite sure why though given he was by that point out of contract, as per posts in this thread, although I suppose it might be that the cancellation of his contract here went in at the same time and that would need to be done before the deadline.
Talk about leaving it late on 14:33 - Sep 5 with 4975 viewsStadiumofdark

Talk about leaving it late on 14:05 - Sep 5 by PhilTWTD

It was touch and go in that manner, I was told so at the time (and reported it as it happens!), the deal was considered touch and go. Not quite sure why though given he was by that point out of contract, as per posts in this thread, although I suppose it might be that the cancellation of his contract here went in at the same time and that would need to be done before the deadline.

yes, guess we'd only cancel it, if we knew a move was imminent. if not, may have kept him?

anyway, how much better is Kane!
Talk about leaving it late on 15:19 - Sep 5 with 4903 viewsPhilTWTD

Talk about leaving it late on 14:33 - Sep 5 by Stadiumofdark

yes, guess we'd only cancel it, if we knew a move was imminent. if not, may have kept him?

anyway, how much better is Kane!

Yes, he wouldn't have wanted to have been left in limbo, so I would guess that would have been it, the two aspects of the deal - exiting here and moving there - went in at that same time.
Talk about leaving it late on 15:28 - Sep 5 with 4872 viewshoppy

Talk about leaving it late on 13:38 - Sep 5 by Guthrum

Just shows the last-minute panic this transfer window system generates.

Are you suggesting there would've had to be an element of panic to the signing of Emmanuel?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Talk about leaving it late on 16:24 - Sep 5 with 4748 viewsMullet

Do you know if Rotherham were even sniffing around? It seems like a big fall for Josh in some respects but after Shrewsbury he clearly needs football.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Talk about leaving it late on 17:36 - Sep 5 with 4624 viewsPhilTWTD

Talk about leaving it late on 16:24 - Sep 5 by Mullet

Do you know if Rotherham were even sniffing around? It seems like a big fall for Josh in some respects but after Shrewsbury he clearly needs football.

The manager was a bit vague when he commented at the weekend but seemed to suggst not having been earlier in the summer. Bolton is a bigger club once they've got over their current problems. Wouldn't even rule them staying up given the players they've brought in and the lack of quality in the division.
Talk about leaving it late on 17:45 - Sep 5 with 4602 viewsMullet

Talk about leaving it late on 17:36 - Sep 5 by PhilTWTD

The manager was a bit vague when he commented at the weekend but seemed to suggst not having been earlier in the summer. Bolton is a bigger club once they've got over their current problems. Wouldn't even rule them staying up given the players they've brought in and the lack of quality in the division.

I still think it'll be too much this season personally. I guess Bury going helps immeasurably in theory but they'd have been taking another spot any way.

There are reports of a fraud investigation now starting up here regarding Dale.

Think you're right about potential in Bolton, but it depends how long they are out of the limelight. They've lost a lot of those Premier years fans as we did, and that's happened again I think with this latest saga.

It'll be a great story to watch though, they've gone for a local core of staff and the best players they can get. I just think the age and potential for injuries etc will mean they will have to grossly overspend in January to bridge the gap.

Not sure that's the wisest move.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Talk about leaving it late on 19:28 - Sep 5 with 4505 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I might be being thick here, but wouldn’t we have just been able to cancel his contract and Bolton sign him after the window had shut still?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Talk about leaving it late on 21:20 - Sep 5 with 4369 viewsPhilTWTD

Talk about leaving it late on 19:28 - Sep 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I might be being thick here, but wouldn’t we have just been able to cancel his contract and Bolton sign him after the window had shut still?

I assume it was all done so late the cancelling bit was close to the deadline.
Talk about leaving it late on 21:53 - Sep 5 with 4278 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Talk about leaving it late on 21:20 - Sep 5 by PhilTWTD

I assume it was all done so late the cancelling bit was close to the deadline.

I knew what you meant - but even if it wasn’t surely we’d have still been able to cancel his contract, and him then sign for Bolton as a free agent, after the deadline?

Or am I being dim?

Talk about leaving it late on 22:03 - Sep 5 with 4251 viewsPhilTWTD

Talk about leaving it late on 21:53 - Sep 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I knew what you meant - but even if it wasn’t surely we’d have still been able to cancel his contract, and him then sign for Bolton as a free agent, after the deadline?

Or am I being dim?

No, players who cancel contracts after the deadline can't play for another club until the next window opens.
Talk about leaving it late on 22:06 - Sep 5 with 4237 viewsmidastouch

As the saying goes, if it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would ever get done! ;-)

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Talk about leaving it late on 22:16 - Sep 5 with 4209 viewsPhilTWTD

Talk about leaving it late on 17:45 - Sep 5 by Mullet

I still think it'll be too much this season personally. I guess Bury going helps immeasurably in theory but they'd have been taking another spot any way.

There are reports of a fraud investigation now starting up here regarding Dale.

Think you're right about potential in Bolton, but it depends how long they are out of the limelight. They've lost a lot of those Premier years fans as we did, and that's happened again I think with this latest saga.

It'll be a great story to watch though, they've gone for a local core of staff and the best players they can get. I just think the age and potential for injuries etc will mean they will have to grossly overspend in January to bridge the gap.

Not sure that's the wisest move.

They do need to get up and running quickly but 15 points could be doable, the additional points they might get for the Doncaster postponement might make it impossible. Agree that sending fortunes to chase it in January might ultimately prove fruitless, although I think Keith Hill is a decent manager.
Talk about leaving it late on 22:35 - Sep 5 with 4158 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Talk about leaving it late on 22:03 - Sep 5 by PhilTWTD

No, players who cancel contracts after the deadline can't play for another club until the next window opens.

Ah, I never knew that!

Talk about leaving it late on 10:49 - Sep 6 with 3845 viewsGeoffSentence

Talk about leaving it late on 22:16 - Sep 5 by PhilTWTD

They do need to get up and running quickly but 15 points could be doable, the additional points they might get for the Doncaster postponement might make it impossible. Agree that sending fortunes to chase it in January might ultimately prove fruitless, although I think Keith Hill is a decent manager.

They should also have a penalty for not fulfilling the Brentford game at the end of last season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024