Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is quite concerning really 10:56 - Sep 10 with 1360 viewschicoazul

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-49639914

More and more of us are becoming dependant on these things, which effects in reality we understand very little about, and which drug companies make absolutely enormous sums of money from (not that that is necessarily a bad thing btw). My best wishes to any TWTDers who use them as they seem on the one hand, important, and on the other, deleterious in their own way.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Free the weed man on 10:58 - Sep 10 with 1340 viewsDyland

;)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Free the weed man on 11:00 - Sep 10 with 1338 viewschicoazul

Free the weed man on 10:58 - Sep 10 by Dyland

;)

When the election campaigning starts I am looking forward to the candidates knocking on my door. I'll be asking their position on a) legalising weed specifically and other currently-illegal drugs generally and b) nuclear power. My vote is up for grabs for the right answers!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This is quite concerning really on 11:08 - Sep 10 with 1311 viewsGuthrum

Which is why pharmacists, whose job it is to understand these things, play such an important role. My mother (now retired) would often advise her customers, or query with the doctor, if their prescriptions did not go together.

Every medicine is a pay-off between beneficial and unwanted, harmful effects - the incidence of which varies greatly from person to person.

The biggest issue is patients (or relatives) demanding treatments, often following unreliable internet research, with doctors complying due to lack of the familiarity with each individual (how often do you see "your" doctor any more?) and time for consultation which used to be the case.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2019 11:12]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This is quite concerning really on 11:11 - Sep 10 with 1290 viewsStokieBlue

The drug companies are being hit hard in the US with regards to opioids which is exactly how it should be. One company was fined 500m by a single state last month with cases pending in virtually all other states.

That's before private actions start. It could bankrupt some of them and given what they did to stoke the opioid crisis that's not a bad thing.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This is quite concerning really on 12:20 - Sep 10 with 1213 viewsPinewoodblue

This is quite concerning really on 11:08 - Sep 10 by Guthrum

Which is why pharmacists, whose job it is to understand these things, play such an important role. My mother (now retired) would often advise her customers, or query with the doctor, if their prescriptions did not go together.

Every medicine is a pay-off between beneficial and unwanted, harmful effects - the incidence of which varies greatly from person to person.

The biggest issue is patients (or relatives) demanding treatments, often following unreliable internet research, with doctors complying due to lack of the familiarity with each individual (how often do you see "your" doctor any more?) and time for consultation which used to be the case.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2019 11:12]

Sadly there times when drugs are prescribed for someone other than the patient. My wife ,after surgery in Ipswich, went to a different hospital for rehabilitation and was given an amazing number of different drugs.

Months later the Ipswich consultant wasn't happy with drugs prescribed and advised her to slowly wean herself off the more toxic, especially the ones she had been told to take when felt necessary.

She cannot remember anything of the first Christmas she was home, the drugs stole those memories.

What needs to be done is to stop the drugs being prescribed in the first place.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

This is quite concerning really on 12:38 - Sep 10 with 1166 viewsBlueBadger

This is quite concerning really on 12:20 - Sep 10 by Pinewoodblue

Sadly there times when drugs are prescribed for someone other than the patient. My wife ,after surgery in Ipswich, went to a different hospital for rehabilitation and was given an amazing number of different drugs.

Months later the Ipswich consultant wasn't happy with drugs prescribed and advised her to slowly wean herself off the more toxic, especially the ones she had been told to take when felt necessary.

She cannot remember anything of the first Christmas she was home, the drugs stole those memories.

What needs to be done is to stop the drugs being prescribed in the first place.

Which is why you need pharmacists. In the last few years, We've started trying to include them on ward rounds at my place. It's worked wonders for improving speed of supply and safe prescribing and reducing polypharmacy.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This is quite concerning really on 12:53 - Sep 10 with 1130 viewsPinewoodblue

This is quite concerning really on 12:38 - Sep 10 by BlueBadger

Which is why you need pharmacists. In the last few years, We've started trying to include them on ward rounds at my place. It's worked wonders for improving speed of supply and safe prescribing and reducing polypharmacy.

Pharmacist was part of the team. Drugs were prescribed to make things easier for the team. At one point they carried out a dementia test as the 'team' felt she had memory lost. The person doing it stopped halfway through as she said it was clear it was a waste of time.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

This is quite concerning really on 13:50 - Sep 10 with 1044 viewsGuthrum

This is quite concerning really on 12:53 - Sep 10 by Pinewoodblue

Pharmacist was part of the team. Drugs were prescribed to make things easier for the team. At one point they carried out a dementia test as the 'team' felt she had memory lost. The person doing it stopped halfway through as she said it was clear it was a waste of time.

The system is not infallible, especially in a hospital environment where there may be a different approach to care (happened to someone I know, was put on a palliative terminal pathway, then transferred to another hospital who said she was well enough to do physio and be released, which she eventually was).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

This is quite concerning really on 14:05 - Sep 10 with 1020 viewswkj

Ryorry and Dolly have already proven beyond all doubt that all we need is magnets

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

This is quite concerning really on 14:07 - Sep 10 with 1011 viewsSpruceMoose

This is quite concerning really on 14:05 - Sep 10 by wkj

Ryorry and Dolly have already proven beyond all doubt that all we need is magnets

With the right jazz hand stylings we can cure cancer once and for all.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This is quite concerning really on 14:09 - Sep 10 with 1003 viewslowhouseblue

This is quite concerning really on 14:05 - Sep 10 by wkj

what do they do with them? stick dolly to the fridge?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024