Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are you reading thread? 15:09 - Sep 24 with 6259 viewsRobTheMonk

I know there's a load of book readers here so thought we could have a regularly updated thread where we say what books we're reading. I've personally purchased books on recommendations from this forum before.

Having just finished 'The Drowners' by our own 'KTBlue', which I blitzed in bed on Saturday morning, I've not moved on to:

Easy to read. 6th book in the series. Kind of like the Jack Reacher novels but probably not as polished.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 15:14]
What are you reading thread? on 20:21 - Sep 24 with 851 viewsRobTheMonk

What are you reading thread? on 19:11 - Sep 24 by Dubtractor

Currently reading Caliban's War by James SA Corey. Second book in The Expanse series (excellent tv show made from them).

It is tres bonne.

I finished book 8 last month. Love the characters in the books. Come back to me when you've finished them all and let me know what you think as I don't want to spoil anything.
What are you reading thread? on 20:41 - Sep 24 with 828 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Currently reading "Gone with the Wind" thanks to trying to complete a suggested reading list.

Surprisingly good actually. Nearly 1000 pages so has taken a while but nearing the end now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What are you reading thread? on 20:41 - Sep 24 with 828 viewsfooters

What are you reading thread? on 20:02 - Sep 24 by J2BLUE

Haven't read enough to know yet. I'll let you know.

Thrive by Rob Kelly is decent if you stick with the techniques. Bloody hard work though. Also very difficult to change your mindset when you're in a situation which is pure misery like my last job was. Hard to go through the techniques when you want to start sobbing

Positively Happy by Noel Edmonds is my go-to for a sense of self-centering and awareness.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What are you reading thread? on 20:42 - Sep 24 with 827 viewsbaxterbasics

Penguin History of the USA by Hugh Brogan.

Brought it to help with my degree modules in American Politics & the American Presidency. That was in 2011. Finally got round to reading it. 😂

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

What are you reading thread? on 22:49 - Sep 24 with 803 viewsDebsyAngel

"House of Fun - The Story Of Madness" - Excellent book, but taking me ages as it's like a brick and not had much time to read lately.
What are you reading thread? on 23:10 - Sep 24 with 794 viewsThrobbe

What are you reading thread? on 19:11 - Sep 24 by Dubtractor

Currently reading Caliban's War by James SA Corey. Second book in The Expanse series (excellent tv show made from them).

It is tres bonne.

Just waiting for the price to drop on the last one before buying it. Watched the tv version, and while initially I didn't think any of the characters were as I imagined them, it really grew on me.

Just finishing Rosewood, which I'd recommend if you like sci-fi. Won the last Arthur C Clarke award.

Next up is Fatherland.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

What are you reading thread? on 07:18 - Sep 25 with 750 viewsSteve_M

What are you reading thread? on 20:42 - Sep 24 by baxterbasics

Penguin History of the USA by Hugh Brogan.

Brought it to help with my degree modules in American Politics & the American Presidency. That was in 2011. Finally got round to reading it. 😂

I think I did the same with that one, used it for reference at uni and then read it several years later. It's interesting but the style is a bit dry from what I remember of it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024