Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Judge 15:52 - Sep 28 with 5003 viewsnoggin

Runs around, but what does he bring to the team?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Judge on 12:10 - Sep 29 with 1026 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Judge on 12:34 - Sep 29 with 1001 viewsHerbivore

Judge on 12:01 - Sep 29 by Keaneish

It was his spilled save that lead to Downes disallowed goal. His block shot and chase that lead to the handball for Garbut’s goal. Another charged down shot that bounced out for Downes to balloon over as well as his ball to release Jackson for Nolan’s goal. In short, he was instrumental in a lot of the key moments in the game yesterday. Fine margins.

Thirty games, zero goals, three assists. That's not great. You can blame 'fine margins' in the odd game or two but over a period of thirty games his contribution hasn't been good enough. That said, second half yesterday was an improvement on his performances earlier in the season, albeit I wouldn't have him in my top 4 or 5 Town performers yesterday, so hopefully we will see a continued upward trajectory and him actually starting to be one of our best players on a consistent basis.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 12:35]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Judge on 13:11 - Sep 29 with 986 viewsWickets

We can discuss the pro's and con's of Alan Judge forever more some of us like him some others do not but it's pretty obvious that at least 3 established managers our own Paul Lambert our ex Mick McCarthy picking him for Ireland and Mark Warburton who did try to buy him . He must have something going for him !
Judge on 13:13 - Sep 29 with 975 viewsHerbivore

Judge on 13:11 - Sep 29 by Wickets

We can discuss the pro's and con's of Alan Judge forever more some of us like him some others do not but it's pretty obvious that at least 3 established managers our own Paul Lambert our ex Mick McCarthy picking him for Ireland and Mark Warburton who did try to buy him . He must have something going for him !

I like him, he seems like a good character. I'm just disappointed with his contribution so far over his time here and don't think he's worthy of being a guaranteed starter at present.

Judge on 13:22 - Sep 29 with 977 viewsWickets

Judge on 13:13 - Sep 29 by Herbivore

I like him, he seems like a good character. I'm just disappointed with his contribution so far over his time here and don't think he's worthy of being a guaranteed starter at present.

Well for me his work rate alone keeps him in the team and i think PL thinks the more he plays the better he will get as prior to coming here he as missed quite a lot of football i think . As Huws and maybe others get fitter Pl will more that likely choose to rest him sometimes .Well thats my feeling anyway .
Judge on 13:25 - Sep 29 with 966 viewsHerbivore

Judge on 13:22 - Sep 29 by Wickets

Well for me his work rate alone keeps him in the team and i think PL thinks the more he plays the better he will get as prior to coming here he as missed quite a lot of football i think . As Huws and maybe others get fitter Pl will more that likely choose to rest him sometimes .Well thats my feeling anyway .

He'd played more than a dozen times for Brentford before joining us. My worry is that we keep thinking he'll be better when he gets up to speed but he's played a lot of football for us and to me he still doesn't look like he's getting up to speed necessarily. I think he's just not the player he once was and looking like he's perennially a bit off the pace and getting up to speed is part of that.

Judge on 15:18 - Sep 29 with 931 viewsbraveblue

Part of a rotation system that is unbeaten and top of the league. I would give him the benefit of the doubt!!
Judge on 19:37 - Sep 29 with 880 viewsWickets

Judge on 13:25 - Sep 29 by Herbivore

He'd played more than a dozen times for Brentford before joining us. My worry is that we keep thinking he'll be better when he gets up to speed but he's played a lot of football for us and to me he still doesn't look like he's getting up to speed necessarily. I think he's just not the player he once was and looking like he's perennially a bit off the pace and getting up to speed is part of that.

Kayden Jackson does not seem to agree with you either !
Login to get fewer ads

Judge on 21:02 - Sep 29 with 840 viewsHerbivore

Judge on 19:37 - Sep 29 by Wickets

Kayden Jackson does not seem to agree with you either !

Yeah, surprised by that to be honest. I thought he'd publicly diss his teammate. Really surprised he's said nice things about him.

Judge on 10:55 - Sep 30 with 759 viewsWickets

Judge on 21:02 - Sep 29 by Herbivore

Yeah, surprised by that to be honest. I thought he'd publicly diss his teammate. Really surprised he's said nice things about him.

Yup your right again Herbs !!
Judge on 11:09 - Sep 30 with 746 viewsmjw_1983

A little bit of order
Judge on 11:46 - Sep 30 with 729 viewsmidastouch

He's not done as much (at least so far) as I was hoping for. He was unlucky not to score against Gillingham with his shot that hit the post. Hopefully he just needs one of those to go for him and it will give him a real boost in confidence and form. If you look at his Brentford highlights he looked exceptional but then along came Luke Hyam! Hopefully he can get back to his old form but I have to say Brentford are very shrewd in the transfer market and they tend to know when it's a good time to let a player go. Think Jonathan Douglas. He did well for them. And he didn't start too badly for us but we were getting him when he had a lot of miles on the clock and you've only got to see the footage of him running around at Newcastle to see his legs had started to go after a little while with us.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Judge on 11:49 - Sep 30 with 719 viewsmidastouch

Judge on 11:46 - Sep 30 by midastouch

He's not done as much (at least so far) as I was hoping for. He was unlucky not to score against Gillingham with his shot that hit the post. Hopefully he just needs one of those to go for him and it will give him a real boost in confidence and form. If you look at his Brentford highlights he looked exceptional but then along came Luke Hyam! Hopefully he can get back to his old form but I have to say Brentford are very shrewd in the transfer market and they tend to know when it's a good time to let a player go. Think Jonathan Douglas. He did well for them. And he didn't start too badly for us but we were getting him when he had a lot of miles on the clock and you've only got to see the footage of him running around at Newcastle to see his legs had started to go after a little while with us.

And he's not even the number 1 free kick taker now we have Luke Garbutt!

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Judge on 16:50 - Sep 30 with 668 viewsWickets

Judge on 11:09 - Sep 30 by mjw_1983

A little bit of order

Keep calm Bud its only a bit of banter ! lot worse than this in a footie changing room i can tell you .
Judge on 17:08 - Sep 30 with 643 viewsHerbivore

Judge on 16:50 - Sep 30 by Wickets

Keep calm Bud its only a bit of banter ! lot worse than this in a footie changing room i can tell you .

I think you might be due a whoosh, mate.

Judge on 17:25 - Sep 30 with 629 viewsWickets

Judge on 17:08 - Sep 30 by Herbivore

I think you might be due a whoosh, mate.

You too Mateie !!!!!!!
Judge on 18:16 - Sep 30 with 600 viewsKeaneish

Judge on 07:09 - Sep 29 by Herbivore

Best player at the club? What are you basing that on? He's played 30 games for us now all in an attacking role and he has zero goals and two assists. Sadly his legs have gone and for much of this season his touch and passing range have been off too. He's not offering anywhere near enough. To claim he's our best player is laughable.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 7:16]

I'm basing that on him being the best footballer at the club and his all round game, not yours and Mullet's nonsense thirst for stats. Anyone from last season gets a clean slate for a start...

Saturday was the first League game he's started and he was very good. I'll base my opinion on seeing players play in their proper position, which is why i've never passed judgement on Jordan Roberts given he's always played up front.

Judge's legs clearly haven't gone given the shift he puts in every game and he'd be the first to admit that he's not been at his best since his wrist break but he's getting back, slowly.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on who is our best player if you don't think it's Judge. Your answer should be Skuse, if not, you're out of options...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Judge on 18:19 - Sep 30 with 587 viewsHerbivore

Judge on 18:16 - Sep 30 by Keaneish

I'm basing that on him being the best footballer at the club and his all round game, not yours and Mullet's nonsense thirst for stats. Anyone from last season gets a clean slate for a start...

Saturday was the first League game he's started and he was very good. I'll base my opinion on seeing players play in their proper position, which is why i've never passed judgement on Jordan Roberts given he's always played up front.

Judge's legs clearly haven't gone given the shift he puts in every game and he'd be the first to admit that he's not been at his best since his wrist break but he's getting back, slowly.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on who is our best player if you don't think it's Judge. Your answer should be Skuse, if not, you're out of options...

Judge wouldn't make my top 5. I'm basing that on performances as opposed to some make believe notion. He wasn't "very good" on Saturday either. Decent second half from him but not close to "very good".

Judge on 18:21 - Sep 30 with 588 viewsMullet

Judge on 18:16 - Sep 30 by Keaneish

He started last Saturday. It's probably his 5th or 6th start.

I know you've been at pains to tell everyone you've blocked me, despite replying to threads I start and downarrowing me repeatedly like a child, but you really don't know what you're talking about.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Judge on 18:24 - Sep 30 with 580 viewsHerbivore

Judge on 18:21 - Sep 30 by Mullet

I know you've been at pains to tell everyone you've blocked me, despite replying to threads I start and downarrowing me repeatedly like a child, but you really don't know what you're talking about.

I'm actually a bit embarrassed for him. I don't know how anyone who has watched us this season can credibly state that Judge is our best player.

Judge on 18:27 - Sep 30 with 577 viewsMullet

Judge on 18:24 - Sep 30 by Herbivore

I'm actually a bit embarrassed for him. I don't know how anyone who has watched us this season can credibly state that Judge is our best player.

I find it weirder I live rent free in his head, he seems to think we have identical views despite it being pretty clear in this thread and several others not to be so, or he talks down to people with so many inaccuracies.

Did the same with Skuse etc. and from memory barely watches us. I can only imagine what it's like.

Judge on 18:33 - Sep 30 with 573 viewsKeaneish

Judge on 18:21 - Sep 30 by Mullet

Error on my part, it should have read "first league game he's started in the number 10 role".

I've blocked you because i think you're very sanctimonious. i don't down arrow you as you're blocked so i don't read or see your posts any more. The fact that upsets you seems very childish in it self, no?

Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the login / caching on this site so occasionally i get to see what you and your side kick Herbs write and it's the same superiority complex nonsense as we've had for years on here. Blocking you and Herbs makes for peaceful conversation, which i prefer and i've very much enjoyed this season.

As for "i don't know what i'm talking about", really? I thought we'd put that mater to bed a long time ago. Still, keep grasping. Looking forward to your next Blue Monday question., Mullet....

Judge on 18:39 - Sep 30 with 562 viewsKeaneish

Judge on 18:27 - Sep 30 by Mullet

I find it weirder I live rent free in his head, he seems to think we have identical views despite it being pretty clear in this thread and several others not to be so, or he talks down to people with so many inaccuracies.

Did the same with Skuse etc. and from memory barely watches us. I can only imagine what it's like.

Rubbish, as ever...

I think i pointed out to you on many occasion that i thought Skuse was held back under MM and was playing within himself and that i felt someone in that role should be offering a lot more. All bet it at a lower level under a different manager, Skuse is now ticking all those boxes, he's been perfect. So, is it me who doesn't know what i'm talking about? Remember boys, we established a long time ago neither of you can kick a ball.

As for the "barely watches us?" I'm likely not too far behind you on games attended this season. Now who's spouting inaccuracies?

Judge on 18:43 - Sep 30 with 556 viewsKeaneish

Judge on 18:24 - Sep 30 by Herbivore

I didn't say he's been the best player based on performances, i said he's the best player at the club. There's a very notable difference. And nobody was good first half but he was still instrumental in carving out what little we did create and he was very good second half. Watch what he does off the ball as well as on it, perhaps.

Judge on 18:47 - Sep 30 with 553 viewsMullet

Judge on 18:33 - Sep 30 by Keaneish

Error on my part, it should have read "first league game he's started in the number 10 role".

I've blocked you because i think you're very sanctimonious. i don't down arrow you as you're blocked so i don't read or see your posts any more. The fact that upsets you seems very childish in it self, no?

Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the login / caching on this site so occasionally i get to see what you and your side kick Herbs write and it's the same superiority complex nonsense as we've had for years on here. Blocking you and Herbs makes for peaceful conversation, which i prefer and i've very much enjoyed this season.

As for "i don't know what i'm talking about", really? I thought we'd put that mater to bed a long time ago. Still, keep grasping. Looking forward to your next Blue Monday question., Mullet....

Upset? Or just find it weird you need to keep my name in your mouth?

You've done it in this thread..... it's also just all a bit weird this whole carry on of yours.

You can't be logged out and do any of that, reply to threads I start, or posts I make etc. either. Why lie all the time? The petty thing you've got going works much better if you don't contradict yourself so much and just be open about it.

When did "we" put anything to bed? Your football posts seem constantly error strewn and contrarian. You were championing Paul Hurst until the bitter end, and claiming he reinvented Skuse last season for example, and seem to have never gotten over it.

Judge wasn't exactly a striker last weekend either by the by. Are you suggesting that he played well and Lambert was tactically inept/being ignored by Judge? You should be pleased he's improving and getting a run out more often, it makes your revision less ridiculous.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024