Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SKUSE 19:13 - Sep 28 with 2361 viewsTerra_Farma

He has been awesome for us this season.

No fuss, no monkey business, just a straight forward pro.

Awesome.
He's a quality player on 19:19 - Sep 28 with 1742 viewsDyland

Fans who constantly slag(ged) him off have never played football. At any level. Even in the park.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

He's a quality player on 19:30 - Sep 28 with 1694 viewsBlueBadger

He's a quality player on 19:19 - Sep 28 by Dyland

Fans who constantly slag(ged) him off have never played football. At any level. Even in the park.

Skuse has alway been a fine player. The 'problem' we've had with SKuse is frequently who he's been partnered with in midfield, usually due to injury restricting our options.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Aye on 19:35 - Sep 28 with 1672 viewsDyland

He's a quality player on 19:30 - Sep 28 by BlueBadger

Skuse has alway been a fine player. The 'problem' we've had with SKuse is frequently who he's been partnered with in midfield, usually due to injury restricting our options.

He's had to carry more limited players at ITFC. Even under MM he shone on occasions when there was similar technical ability and more attacking intent in midfield, like when Bishop first broke through.

Skuse is tops.

Aye on 19:42 - Sep 28 with 1646 viewsBlueBadger

Aye on 19:35 - Sep 28 by Dyland

He's had to carry more limited players at ITFC. Even under MM he shone on occasions when there was similar technical ability and more attacking intent in midfield, like when Bishop first broke through.

Skuse is tops.

Anyone who doesn't think Skuse is good should probably give up watching football and go to NFL as they're clearly better suited to watching adverts, rather than sport.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

SKUSE on 20:05 - Sep 28 with 1583 viewsBluefish

Some have consistently said it about Skuse. Others couldn't see it at all.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

SKUSE on 20:08 - Sep 28 with 1573 viewsKeaneish

Don’t think I’ve seen him misplace a pass yet this season.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

SKUSE on 20:11 - Sep 28 with 1558 viewsJohnny_Boy

SKUSE on 20:08 - Sep 28 by Keaneish

Don’t think I’ve seen him misplace a pass yet this season.

What about that half-volley he did towards goal which shanked out for a throw-in?
SKUSE on 20:12 - Sep 28 with 1550 viewswkj

I have to say this, Skuse has always been better for us than many give him credit for imho. The Douglas partnership really put our midfield in the toilet so he took a lot of stick for that, but he's a level headed non nonsence professional, and I am glad people are getting off of his back.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 20:12]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

SKUSE on 20:16 - Sep 28 with 1525 viewsFixed_It

SKUSE on 20:11 - Sep 28 by Johnny_Boy

What about that half-volley he did towards goal which shanked out for a throw-in?

That wasn't a mis-placed pass. Jackson just failed to make the correct run in anticipation!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

SKUSE on 20:18 - Sep 28 with 1506 viewsDyland

SKUSE on 20:16 - Sep 28 by Fixed_It

That wasn't a mis-placed pass. Jackson just failed to make the correct run in anticipation!

Nah, it was a shot so doesn't count as a pass.

And to be fair, Cole's shooting is awful. Or is it? Who really knows?

SKUSE on 20:20 - Sep 28 with 1496 viewswkj

SKUSE on 20:18 - Sep 28 by Dyland

Nah, it was a shot so doesn't count as a pass.

And to be fair, Cole's shooting is awful. Or is it? Who really knows?

He has had some fair cracks at the goal on occasion, I am confident he's going to twot one in at least once this season... at least I hope he does as I wanna see his twitter thing, rumour is that it is quite the spectacle.

Crybaby

SKUSE on 20:25 - Sep 28 with 1474 viewsDyland

SKUSE on 20:20 - Sep 28 by wkj

He has had some fair cracks at the goal on occasion, I am confident he's going to twot one in at least once this season... at least I hope he does as I wanna see his twitter thing, rumour is that it is quite the spectacle.

He's a goal every other season kind of guy so well due one.

He's a quality player on 20:41 - Sep 28 with 1424 viewsjudespiveyg

He's a quality player on 19:19 - Sep 28 by Dyland

Well I (probably unlike any of you) still play and I've never rated him as any more than okay. What he does he does well enough but it's a hell of a lot easier to do what Skuse does than what someone like Judge or Dozzell try to do. I almost think with Downes being a better defensive midfielder and the fact we have about 18 other centre-mids we could drop him and it wouldn't make much of a noticeable difference.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

He's a quality player on 20:42 - Sep 28 with 1407 viewsLankHenners

He's a quality player on 20:41 - Sep 28 by judespiveyg

Well I (probably unlike any of you) still play and I've never rated him as any more than okay. What he does he does well enough but it's a hell of a lot easier to do what Skuse does than what someone like Judge or Dozzell try to do. I almost think with Downes being a better defensive midfielder and the fact we have about 18 other centre-mids we could drop him and it wouldn't make much of a noticeable difference.

It made a pretty noticeable difference when he stepped into midfield today.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

He's a quality player on 20:43 - Sep 28 with 1397 viewswkj

Downes isn't quite steady eddie yeat, he had quite a quiet game today, and it took skuse moving up the pitch a bit to get that middle working properly in the second half. Skuse doesn't do sexy football, but he does the engine room stuff better than anyone in my opinion. We need him to dictate play in the middle while Downes hones his skills.

Crybaby

He's a quality player on 20:44 - Sep 28 with 1390 viewsjudespiveyg

He's a quality player on 20:42 - Sep 28 by LankHenners

It made a pretty noticeable difference when he stepped into midfield today.

What made the difference was having an extra body in midfield, if we'd subbed Huws on for a centre half we'd have at least looked equally as good imo.

He's a quality player on 20:45 - Sep 28 with 1377 viewsjudespiveyg

He's a quality player on 20:43 - Sep 28 by wkj

Downes isn't quite steady eddie yeat, he had quite a quiet game today, and it took skuse moving up the pitch a bit to get that middle working properly in the second half. Skuse doesn't do sexy football, but he does the engine room stuff better than anyone in my opinion. We need him to dictate play in the middle while Downes hones his skills.

Not really a fan of two holding midfielders at once and with Skuse going on 34 you wonder how long he's got until he's fazed out for Downes on his own.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 20:46]

He's a quality player on 20:47 - Sep 28 with 1359 viewsDyland

On the contrary, so far this season. I take the point about options though.

Downes and Skuse offer different things. The latter has a better range of passing for starters. The former is coming on leaps and bounds in no small part to learning from Skuse. Ask him what he thinks about Skuse.

"Well I (probably unlike any of you) still play"

What an extraordinary comment. How on earth could you know?

He's a quality player on 20:48 - Sep 28 with 1348 viewswkj

He's a quality player on 20:45 - Sep 28 by judespiveyg

Not really a fan of two holding midfielders at once and with Skuse going on 34 you wonder how long he's got until he's fazed out for Downes on his own.

I am almost sure that is the case, and I am thinking he is very much mentoring Downes on the pitch to do exactly that. I wouldn't be surprised if Skuse finishes his career playing in the back four, but for now he is still integral to our team in my opinion.

Crybaby

SKUSE on 20:48 - Sep 28 with 1345 viewssolemio

Whoops, down-narrowed by mistake.
He's a quality player on 20:50 - Sep 28 with 1339 viewsDyland

He's a quality player on 20:43 - Sep 28 by wkj

Skuse can do plenty sexy football, when he's in a role requiring that.

I probably sound like a broken record but the game vs Bristol City. Pirloesque. It was a one off performance, but that's cos of the system and the variables that day. That passing skill wasn't a one off fluke.

He's a quality player on 20:51 - Sep 28 with 1325 viewsDyland

He's a quality player on 20:45 - Sep 28 by judespiveyg

Agree with that.

Dozzers and Downes and Bishop.

I'd faint with excitement if that combo ever actually happened, but it's obviously a pipe dream.

He's a quality player on 20:51 - Sep 28 with 1327 viewsjudespiveyg

He's a quality player on 20:47 - Sep 28 by Dyland

On the contrary, so far this season. I take the point about options though.

Downes and Skuse offer different things. The latter has a better range of passing for starters. The former is coming on leaps and bounds in no small part to learning from Skuse. Ask him what he thinks about Skuse.

"Well I (probably unlike any of you) still play"

What an extraordinary comment. How on earth could you know?

I don't buy the range of passing line, doesn't make any passes I wouldn't expect any of our other options to make. Skuse normally has a fair bit of time to pick a pass as well.

As for the second part, I'm basing it on the same amount of fact you are when you say no one who doesn't rate Skuse has ever played football.

Hello Paul Jewell (n/t) on 20:52 - Sep 28 with 1319 viewsDyland

He's a quality player on 20:44 - Sep 28 by judespiveyg

What made the difference was having an extra body in midfield, if we'd subbed Huws on for a centre half we'd have at least looked equally as good imo.

He's a quality player on 20:56 - Sep 28 with 1294 viewsDyland

He's a quality player on 20:51 - Sep 28 by judespiveyg

I don't buy the range of passing line, doesn't make any passes I wouldn't expect any of our other options to make. Skuse normally has a fair bit of time to pick a pass as well.

As for the second part, I'm basing it on the same amount of fact you are when you say no one who doesn't rate Skuse has ever played football.

Touche :) Not quite what I said though. My point was about people slagging him off. The "Exskuse" people e.g. Not people who just don't rate him as much as I may do.

Nah, his passing range is excellent. Time on the ball is created by reading the game. Plus of course the system and who you're playing and other variables that change between different game and during the same game.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024