Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bad day at the office 14:50 - Oct 20 with 5229 viewsitfcjoe

WHen i saw the team I was worried about a few areas and all those fears came to play.

Judge not a second striker, too loose in possession and doesn't look to go in behind.

Not the right game for Dozzell to be one of 2 in there when a battle - if Huws isn't fit now when will he be? He seems fit when he plays, we need to play him, he's too good not to play.

Toto is too rash, as proven time and time again and again today - I'd almost say he's not worth persisting with.

But two big moments defined the game - the penalty, which was utterly stupid (and blatant - this isn't a grumble at what was another poor ref), and then Woolfie's 'goal'. 1-0 at half time and it is a different ball game, and again so is it at 2-1 with 20(?) to play.

But, top of the league with a game in hand - win on Wednesday and all forgotten and we go from there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bad day at the office on 19:36 - Oct 20 with 955 viewsDennyx4

Bad day at the office on 16:35 - Oct 20 by Footballpete

That's exactly what I thought at the time too, he should be busting a guy to ensure that goes over the line.

Personally, I didn't think it was a penalty but I'm sure people will disagree.

Must admit, I wasnt convinced it was a penalty, but know I am in the minority.

If two players go up for a header from a corner and one wins the ball and the other doesnt, you dont usually get a penalty.

Was it because the timing was so poor?
Bad day at the office on 19:45 - Oct 20 with 941 viewsFootballpete

Bad day at the office on 19:36 - Oct 20 by Dennyx4

If two players go up for a header from a corner and one wins the ball and the other doesnt, you dont usually get a penalty.

He deserved to be punished for not winning the header!! It wasn't a foul in my book, he went for the ball and didn't lead with his elbow or anything, what else was he supposed to do?

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Bad day at the office on 19:48 - Oct 20 with 930 viewsMullet

Bad day at the office on 19:36 - Oct 20 by Dennyx4

Toto jumps into the player. It looks less of a penalty from the ref's angle, but from where i was stood, he just lumps him and forgets to go for the ball.

It's inexcusable frankly given his previous and the ref had booked him already for breathing on their player in a clumsy manner.

He might not be Mark Fish, but he's got the concentration of one.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Bad day at the office on 19:51 - Oct 20 with 924 viewsFootballpete

Bad day at the office on 19:48 - Oct 20 by Mullet

Toto jumps into the player. It looks less of a penalty from the ref's angle, but from where i was stood, he just lumps him and forgets to go for the ball.

It's inexcusable frankly given his previous and the ref had booked him already for breathing on their player in a clumsy manner.

He might not be Mark Fish, but he's got the concentration of one.

It looks worse because he doesn't win the ball, but it's not a penalty, unless being crap is now equal to a foul.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Bad day at the office on 19:52 - Oct 20 with 922 viewsPecker

I think I'll have a glass of milk.
Bad day at the office on 19:54 - Oct 20 with 913 viewsMullet

Bad day at the office on 19:51 - Oct 20 by Footballpete

It looks worse because he doesn't win the ball, but it's not a penalty, unless being crap is now equal to a foul.

Seems to be a hallmark of Toto's unfortunately. That ref was always going to give it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Bad day at the office on 19:58 - Oct 20 with 900 viewsitfcjoe

Bad day at the office on 19:51 - Oct 20 by Footballpete

He was so late on it, that was the issue - it wasn’t 2 players competing for the ball

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bad day at the office on 20:12 - Oct 20 with 873 viewsunstableblue

Bad day at the office on 19:25 - Oct 20 by haynes_toe1

Sorry, but 'last few seasons of tripe' is grinding my gears a little.

I much preferred:

Sheff Wed 1 - 2 Ipswich
Preston 0 - 1 Ipswich
Sunderland 0 - 2 Ipswich

As just a few games off the top of my head in Micks last season away from home - all relatively close to one another.

They were much, much better than playing hoofball in League One and losing 2-0 to Accrington.

Wish people would stop re-writing history.

I'm not saying it was great today, far from it, but it was not awful, and we certainly didn't play hoof ball today. We did go long a few times, and it failed, at least with Dobra and Geiorgiou we tried to avoid hoof ball and stretch them. Accrington played well and it was an entertaining and feisty game as the pundits stated - one saying "I hope the Man U and Liverpool players have watched this to inspire them"

I really do wish people wouldn't reinvent history as well... yes there were a handful of good performance in that last Mick season. BUT,and its a BIG but, so many of them did not have the type of forward play we at least tried today.

You call out some games that from memory didn't stand out, and I went on-line and the games you state we have really low possession stats, and the quotes really question your argument: "it was scrappy", "they had 3 chances and scored from two"(40%, 3 shots)."the game was flat, "we didn't turn up, that's why Ipswich won" (38%, 3 shots); (40%, 2 shots) "Ipswich were poor, we were poor, we should have had a penalty, we move on"

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

Bad day at the office on 20:31 - Oct 20 with 852 viewsMrTown

Bad day at the office on 19:25 - Oct 20 by haynes_toe1

Sorry, but 'last few seasons of tripe' is grinding my gears a little.

I much preferred:

Sheff Wed 1 - 2 Ipswich
Preston 0 - 1 Ipswich
Sunderland 0 - 2 Ipswich

As just a few games off the top of my head in Micks last season away from home - all relatively close to one another.

They were much, much better than playing hoofball in League One and losing 2-0 to Accrington.

Wish people would stop re-writing history.

Thank you señor for your irrelevant and pointless opinion

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Bad day at the office on 20:54 - Oct 20 with 837 viewsNo9

Shall we hope team management made an error of judgement?
Bad day at the office on 21:22 - Oct 20 with 819 viewspablovian

My heart sank when I saw the team. Dozzell for Downes would be like playing with ten men; Judge AND Nolan should be Judge OR Nolan, or Nolan; the back three of Wolfenden, Chambers and Nsiala was untested; and Jackson is usually ineffective as a lone striker. I was hoping for 0-0 at half-time, appropriate substitutions at half time, perhaps involving Huws and Keane, and a 0-1 final score.

It was not to be. Chambers looked glassy-eyed (was he slightly concussed?) after an early clash of heads, Nsiala looked uncomfortable in a back three, and Wolfenden seemed lackadaisical. Wilson's defensive steadiness and Norwood's aggressive hustle were sorely missed. Stanley were energetic, cohesive, and dominated possession. The half time score of 2-0 flattered them, but not by much.

The half time substitutions did not involve Huws or Keane. Town played with more spirit and had more possession during the second half. However, they did not look as though they would salvage a draw. Stanley deserved their win.

There is no need for Town fans to panic. The line between excellence and mediocrity is a fine one. Prompt returns from injuries by Downes, Norwood and Vincent Young would help us cross back over it. The protracted absence of all three would be problematic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024