Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big night for Lambert.... 10:20 - Oct 23 with 3841 viewsunstableblue

.... whilst the season so far has been great, especially with the rise of young players such as Downes, Wolfenden, El Mizouni and the onboarding of KVY, and with the league standard having been generally better than expected (bar poor finishing from the opposition), question marks still remain about Lambert's system, team selection/rotation and the effectiveness of attack and defence questionable...... I think tonight he needs to pull one out of the bag, get the team prepared, motivated and set-up correctly and lets really outplay Rotherham and get the fans rocking.

Rotherham's form seems sketchy = beating Doncaster and Blackpool, but losing to (EDIT) high flying Bristol Rovers and Oxford.

Need to make Accrington a blip.... Peterborough and Sunderland on the rise?!
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 10:35]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Whoops - Bristol Rovers and Oxford book end us in the 6 game form table... on 13:12 - Oct 23 with 577 viewsBlue_Moses

Whoops - Bristol Rovers and Oxford book end us in the 6 game form table... on 10:43 - Oct 23 by unstableblue

.. have edited.

As for league standard - Accrington were good on Saturday, and would have given a Championship side a test, but again weak up front. Peterborough were good, Doncaster were good, Tranmere had moments, Burton were half decent. MK Dons, Bolton, Shrews were pony

Accrington were poor
Big night for Lambert.... on 13:43 - Oct 23 with 546 viewsKeaneish

Agree. It's a big night tonight, weirdly. Other than the absence of Rotherham and Portsmouth, the league has taken shape with all the teams up there expected to be in the mix.

From PL i want to see the right team selection and s performance played on the front foot moving the ball at pace. I'd also like the performance to be so good that everyone who starts is guaranteed to start on Saturday....

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Big night for Lambert.... on 13:46 - Oct 23 with 542 viewsBigManBlue

Big night for Lambert.... on 13:43 - Oct 23 by Keaneish

Agree. It's a big night tonight, weirdly. Other than the absence of Rotherham and Portsmouth, the league has taken shape with all the teams up there expected to be in the mix.

From PL i want to see the right team selection and s performance played on the front foot moving the ball at pace. I'd also like the performance to be so good that everyone who starts is guaranteed to start on Saturday....

To be fair, the ball has been moving at pace. The problem is that it's also ten feet above Jackson's head...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Big night for Lambert.... on 13:50 - Oct 23 with 536 viewsunstableblue

Big night for Lambert.... on 13:46 - Oct 23 by BigManBlue

To be fair, the ball has been moving at pace. The problem is that it's also ten feet above Jackson's head...

Thats a bit harsh,we kept it on the floor in the main on Sunday, just penetration in the final third and enough movement.

I do think we are looking to pass forward so much more under Lambert; Skuse for one is transformed. The old ways of sideways and conservatism are being slowly eradicated. Hard to shift something so ingrained - even the hapless Paul Hurst highlighted this disease.

No they weren't on 13:51 - Oct 23 with 535 viewsunstableblue

Whoops - Bristol Rovers and Oxford book end us in the 6 game form table... on 13:12 - Oct 23 by Blue_Moses

Accrington were poor

.. they played really well, as the Sky pundits, unanimously agreed. You're just trying to project.

Big night for Lambert.... on 13:53 - Oct 23 with 530 viewsMetal_Hacker

Big night for me !!!! All the in laws are Rotherham fans god forbid !!
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 13:54]

Poll: If it were one or the other

Big night for Lambert.... on 13:56 - Oct 23 with 527 viewslmfcblue

Big night for Lambert.... on 10:50 - Oct 23 by TRUE_BLUE123

I am not sold on Lambert. We are going well at the moment but if we don't find a pattern of play soon, we will come unstuck by teams who are getting in to the league.

If we keep winning I wont be complaining, but I must admit I have my reservations.

Our style of play is getting worse as the season goes on.What baffles me is when we have an international break we return with a less of a game plan than before the break. Surely a good break would help us work on things.
Yes i've been critical (prob too blunt at times) of PL for a while but i really think he doesn't know what to do with our big squad and it is showing.
Team selection/formation so random at times, slow to change things during the game.
Anyway here's hoping for a good performance and result tonight.
Big night for Lambert.... on 14:03 - Oct 23 with 509 viewshaynes_toe1

Big night for Lambert.... on 13:50 - Oct 23 by unstableblue

Thats a bit harsh,we kept it on the floor in the main on Sunday, just penetration in the final third and enough movement.

I do think we are looking to pass forward so much more under Lambert; Skuse for one is transformed. The old ways of sideways and conservatism are being slowly eradicated. Hard to shift something so ingrained - even the hapless Paul Hurst highlighted this disease.

I thought Sunday was yet another game where we played far too much long ball, especially since we had no one capable of winning the ball up top
Login to get fewer ads

Big night for Lambert.... on 14:05 - Oct 23 with 502 viewsStokieBlue

Big night for Lambert.... on 14:03 - Oct 23 by haynes_toe1

I thought Sunday was yet another game where we played far too much long ball, especially since we had no one capable of winning the ball up top

A lot of that is that we still have no CB's who can pass the ball. We accept it with Chambers but Wolfies distribution is pretty poor as well (although he does pick out the occasional worldie pass).

When the ball goes back to them they panic and hoof it. It happens less when we play 4 at the back as the RB and LB are available to play short but in 352 the WB's aren't close enough to take the ball so the CB's just hoof it.

Another reason not to play that formation all the time.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Big night for Lambert.... on 17:01 - Oct 23 with 454 viewsKeaneish

Big night for Lambert.... on 13:46 - Oct 23 by BigManBlue

Gillingham, Accrington and Wimbledon spring to mind where it was very pedestrian. Sometimes it looks like we're treating the game as an 11 v 11 training exercise.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024