Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More upset with the North Stand than the team last night 09:50 - Oct 24 with 7748 viewsJTRNB

At the risk of sounding like Delia - where were you North Stand?
After one poor result on Sunday the team needed to re-group and push on.
Over 20,000 in the stadium and both tiers of the North Stand full, but there to support the team or just stream celebratory videos when we score?
As supporters, we can do nothing in a match to change the tactics or team selection deployed by the manager, but we can hugely effect the confidence and motivation of the players on the pitch.
Going a goal down early on was a blow. Last year, this would have seen loud choruses of ITID or "Come on Ipswich" to show support and encourage the team to dig deep and fight back. Last night - silence. The North Stand is the heart of vocal support, recently it has been spreading round the ground but it is always generated there.
Rotherham are a physically huge team that pressed hard and bullied our players out of most free balls. They showed more desire, while Ipswich floundered.
If you were struggling to do your job well, in front of 20,000 people, what would motivate you to push on and find that extra yard? Boos or support?
Sitting in the Co-op stand (close to the North Stand) I could occasionally hear murmurings of support from Section 6, nothing from the rest. The few hundred Rotherham supporters made more noise and I'm pretty sure at one point I could just about hear supportive chanting from the lower Churchmans.
Our fans are continually praised by PL and the players for their support, last night we showed up in numbers but gave no support. There will be bad matches this season but we need to pull together and push the team on, save the moaning and groaning until the match has finished - you will be welcomed onto Radio Suffolk's phone in.
Please don't let us revert to a toxic atmosphere at Portman Road.
More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:41 - Oct 24 with 1752 viewsTractorCam

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:37 - Oct 24 by JTRNB

You're right, it won't help any more than the posts moaning about players or the manager. I'm just venting like the rest.
Unfortunately, as a middle-aged female supporter in the Co-op stand my loan shrill renditions of ITID are unlikely to encourage anyone around me to join in.
Just seems, backed up by some of the other comments on this thread, that the heart of the North Stand is ailing? Fans abusing each other instead of supporting the team. A them and us attitude towards Section 6?

What got me yesterday was at the end some of the North were singing "we'll be here next game" and "loyal supporters", which was clearly a dig at those who turned up for the cheap offer.

I don't understand why you'd sing that at your own fans.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:42 - Oct 24 with 1744 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:36 - Oct 24 by Reuser_is_God

So not only are the Fanzone lot racists they're now also bullies.

Time for them guys to be banned.

I mean I am not sure if they were singing it, but I can only assume they were, they are losers.

If so, hopefully the club have a word with them. They are causing far more harm than good.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:43 - Oct 24 with 1743 viewsTractorCam

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:36 - Oct 24 by Reuser_is_God

I know a few of the guys from Fanzone, I know that one of them also hates the song. I don't know about the rest and whether they were singing it though.

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:46 - Oct 24 with 1727 viewsmonytowbray

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:11 - Oct 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

I am sure Troy would say he doesn't mind, but then he wouldn't kick up a fuss. Being called a virgin in front of thousands of people cant be nice for anyone though.

I hope Sitters is taking notes, not a game passes without a "vegan c*nt" song sang in my direction :(

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:47 - Oct 24 with 1723 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:43 - Oct 24 by TractorCam

I know a few of the guys from Fanzone, I know that one of them also hates the song. I don't know about the rest and whether they were singing it though.

I feel like I am trying to pile lots of stuff on you. But you seem well connected amongst Ipswich fans.

Do these Fanzone guys realise that they really aren't making friends and a lot of fans actually think that what are they doing (and I am not talking about the vlogging, more the attitudes and actions) is of detriment to the club. The bloke who runs it seems a sensible guy, he would do well to get different people on his channel. Does he not realise this?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:48 - Oct 24 with 1714 viewsmonytowbray

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:38 - Oct 24 by tonydinning

Potentially unpopular opinion but I swear Section 6 are killing the atmosphere in the rest of North Stand with drum drum drum drum drum drum drum drum drum.

I didn't hear a "conventional" football song the whole evening sung by the rest of the stand.

Their biggest mistake was not being S5 IMO. Always two songs going at once.

TWTD never forgets…

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:53 - Oct 24 with 1696 viewsmonytowbray

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:47 - Oct 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

I feel like I am trying to pile lots of stuff on you. But you seem well connected amongst Ipswich fans.

Do these Fanzone guys realise that they really aren't making friends and a lot of fans actually think that what are they doing (and I am not talking about the vlogging, more the attitudes and actions) is of detriment to the club. The bloke who runs it seems a sensible guy, he would do well to get different people on his channel. Does he not realise this?

I like Ashley, from what I've spoke of him anyway. Seems to have his head screwed on. I don't really know the rest of them.

I get that pockets of fans get pally and will have a laugh (hence the vegan c*nt song, Sitters likes to regularly remind people about our trip to Norway a few years back when I lived off bacon hotdogs) but none of it is mean spirited and all in good humour in our bit. Sometimes someone will say something a bit edgy and cringe but that's it.

I don't like the idea of people singing about Troy though. There's a line between laughing with and laughing at that can get easily blurred with bullies. Used to see it a lot at school. "No Miss, we were just having a laugh. He loves that game where we all punch him and give him a dead arm for half an hour straight until he bruises." Gaslighting bullies who convince people they're in on the joke when it's at their expense are the worst of all, manipulative sh1ts.

TWTD never forgets…

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:58 - Oct 24 with 1678 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:53 - Oct 24 by monytowbray

I like Ashley, from what I've spoke of him anyway. Seems to have his head screwed on. I don't really know the rest of them.

I get that pockets of fans get pally and will have a laugh (hence the vegan c*nt song, Sitters likes to regularly remind people about our trip to Norway a few years back when I lived off bacon hotdogs) but none of it is mean spirited and all in good humour in our bit. Sometimes someone will say something a bit edgy and cringe but that's it.

I don't like the idea of people singing about Troy though. There's a line between laughing with and laughing at that can get easily blurred with bullies. Used to see it a lot at school. "No Miss, we were just having a laugh. He loves that game where we all punch him and give him a dead arm for half an hour straight until he bruises." Gaslighting bullies who convince people they're in on the joke when it's at their expense are the worst of all, manipulative sh1ts.

Agreed.

Troy wont Kick up a fuss. I don't want to assume anything, but Troy probably enjoys that he has these people round him. The people who sing this song, know that he wont say anything, and IMO they are simply taking advantage of that. It makes me feel uncomfortable, and really doesn't sit right.

Login to get fewer ads

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:59 - Oct 24 with 1669 viewsmonytowbray

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:58 - Oct 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

Agreed.

Troy wont Kick up a fuss. I don't want to assume anything, but Troy probably enjoys that he has these people round him. The people who sing this song, know that he wont say anything, and IMO they are simply taking advantage of that. It makes me feel uncomfortable, and really doesn't sit right.

Same mate, it's all very much a reminder of the Dead Man's Shoes plot for me.

TWTD never forgets…

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 11:10 - Oct 24 with 1640 viewsMrTown

More upset with North Stand than the team?

Jesus, it must have really p*ssed you off then!
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 11:10]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 11:18 - Oct 24 with 1622 viewsReuser_is_God

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:48 - Oct 24 by monytowbray

Their biggest mistake was not being S5 IMO. Always two songs going at once.

Difficult to do that though as they'd have to shift a block of ST holders to get into S5.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 11:19 - Oct 24 with 1619 viewsmonytowbray

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 11:18 - Oct 24 by Reuser_is_God

Difficult to do that though as they'd have to shift a block of ST holders to get into S5.

I'd happily move right for the sake of the atmosphere personally. Not sure how others would feel though.

TWTD never forgets…

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 11:26 - Oct 24 with 1606 viewsJTRNB

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 11:19 - Oct 24 by monytowbray

I'd happily move right for the sake of the atmosphere personally. Not sure how others would feel though.

I'm a great fan of the Blue Action group, but setting up their own "club" in S6 does appear to be causing a problem. Far better for them to spread across the lower stand in pockets to encourage others rather than compete, which is how it felt at the beginning of the season. I think the rest of the stand have just given up now.
More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 11:27 - Oct 24 with 1600 viewsTractorCam

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:47 - Oct 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

I have no idea mate, I see the reaction on here especially is more mixed now, I presume because of the Toto song? In terms of the interviews, I guess it's not something he's bothered about as they're all mates and travel to games with each other etc, so probably wouldn't turn around and tell them he's not going to interview them anymore.

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 11:41 - Oct 24 with 1567 viewsOxford_Blue

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 09:59 - Oct 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

You have made a mountain out of a molehill.

The support this year in terms of noise has been woeful, home and away. However, I am sure it will pick up again, we just need to get one game rocking and we will see an improvement. Our fans have never been really loud, not even last season, but it is not a 'noise crisis' yet.

I was more concerned by chants such as "We're here every week" and singing songs about Troy??? No doubt these chants were started by the Ipswich Fanzone Virgins

Disagree.

The support has been better than last season and for instance at the 4-1 win against Tranmere there was an excellent atmosphere which a number of people commented on.
More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 11:57 - Oct 24 with 1543 viewsN2_Blue

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 11:41 - Oct 24 by Oxford_Blue

Disagree.

The support has been better than last season and for instance at the 4-1 win against Tranmere there was an excellent atmosphere which a number of people commented on.

Last night was the strangest game in terms of atmosphere I’ve been to in the last 5 years. Evening games with larger gates (due to more casual fans taking up an offer) are always a little different but last night was shocking.
I’m a season ticket holder in SBRL and I did not hear one single song sung across the stand except for one very half hearted attempt at every Saturday we follow. Absolutely zilch although I did miss the first 10 minutes.
I can never ever recall that happening before and was genuinely shocked that not even a chant of Ipswich, or Ipswich till I die or just anything was sung. Just wierd, never had that before even when we’ve been getting mullered on the pitch. So last night was depressing on many levels, not just the performance.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 11:57 - Oct 24 with 1541 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 11:41 - Oct 24 by Oxford_Blue

Disagree.

Disagree. Definitely louder last year, especially away from home.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 11:58]

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 12:15 - Oct 24 with 1522 viewsABO1itfc

So when you say Fanzone, I’m assuming you are referring to regulars the congregate after games to talk about the match. Or are you referring to the Channel I’ve spent the last 5 years creating to help give Ipswich Town Fans a voice.

I am the only one out of anyone that features on the channel that sits in Section 6, so your claims that specific chants are started and influenced by me, are completely unfounded. I do not condone any of these chants nor do I partake in them.

If you want to talk about this openly and/or privately please by all means message me, even use the club to mediate if you like - but your persistent claims against MY work is completely ridiculous

Never felt more like singing the blues

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 12:25 - Oct 24 with 1489 viewsSlambo

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:38 - Oct 24 by tonydinning

Potentially unpopular opinion but I swear Section 6 are killing the atmosphere in the rest of North Stand with drum drum drum drum drum drum drum drum drum.

I didn't hear a "conventional" football song the whole evening sung by the rest of the stand.

What is a 'conventional' football song..?

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 12:32 - Oct 24 with 1467 viewsReuser_is_God

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 11:26 - Oct 24 by JTRNB

I'm a great fan of the Blue Action group, but setting up their own "club" in S6 does appear to be causing a problem. Far better for them to spread across the lower stand in pockets to encourage others rather than compete, which is how it felt at the beginning of the season. I think the rest of the stand have just given up now.

It just needs people to actually have the same attitude as them & want to get behind the team rather than just stand there & moan.

Moan on here all week long but if you can't manage 90 minutes of support in a match then why bother?

Evans out

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 12:35 - Oct 24 with 1462 viewsReuser_is_God

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 12:15 - Oct 24 by ABO1itfc

So when you say Fanzone, I’m assuming you are referring to regulars the congregate after games to talk about the match. Or are you referring to the Channel I’ve spent the last 5 years creating to help give Ipswich Town Fans a voice.

I am the only one out of anyone that features on the channel that sits in Section 6, so your claims that specific chants are started and influenced by me, are completely unfounded. I do not condone any of these chants nor do I partake in them.

If you want to talk about this openly and/or privately please by all means message me, even use the club to mediate if you like - but your persistent claims against MY work is completely ridiculous

PM'd you buh.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 12:41]

Evans out

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 12:43 - Oct 24 with 1434 viewsPJH

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 12:25 - Oct 24 by Slambo

What is a 'conventional' football song..?

Interesting question that.

The 68 year old me would say something that is supporting the team that you are supposedly there to support rather than something totally irrelevant to that team.

Having said that probably the most famous long term football song YNWA has no direct reference to a team and nor has possibly the best of newer adopted songs "Sunshine On Leith".

My answer to your question is therefore "don't know".
More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 12:46 - Oct 24 with 1429 viewsABO1itfc

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 12:35 - Oct 24 by Reuser_is_God

PM'd you buh.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 12:41]

Then please contact me directly via my social media accounts or by email as listed on my pages to notify me of this. To my knowledge the club have contacted individuals related to this matter and none of those fall within those interviewed by myself, I can assure you.

I respect everyone has a view on the channel, and appreciate its not to everyone's taste, we support the club on any stance it takes, with regards to all matters.

Never felt more like singing the blues

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 12:53 - Oct 24 with 1405 viewsSlambo

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:37 - Oct 24 by JTRNB

You're right, it won't help any more than the posts moaning about players or the manager. I'm just venting like the rest.
Unfortunately, as a middle-aged female supporter in the Co-op stand my loan shrill renditions of ITID are unlikely to encourage anyone around me to join in.
Just seems, backed up by some of the other comments on this thread, that the heart of the North Stand is ailing? Fans abusing each other instead of supporting the team. A them and us attitude towards Section 6?

I think this is a really valid post. I'm sure the North Lower was a raucous, lairy bearpit once, but sadly I think it's steadily filled with people over the years who are more keen to experience the atmosphere than generate it. I think a complete reset is necessary. We're working with the club in trying to establish our own little 'home', so to speak...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 13:08 - Oct 24 with 1371 viewsIpswich1984

More upset with the North Stand than the team last night on 10:22 - Oct 24 by giant_stow

Is Troy the lad thats been discussing his problems on here in the last few months?

If so, i'd ban them from the ground for that - straight up bullying hate speech, as bad as racism / homophobia etc. if tolerated, it'll carry on.

We sat down in S6 for the Gillingham game, the song about Troy was sung then and I said to a mate that it was out of order as he cant defend himself.

It's not nice to be on the end of bullying, I've been there when it was done by so called mates and something needs to be done to get it stopped before it escalates and eventually people snap, dont want to see that happen to Troy as it was clear from when he was without his benefits how important going to the games is.

Poll: Should there be a lap of honour after the Sheffield United game?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024