Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So this Rees-Mogg Clanger 17:44 - Nov 6 with 4202 viewsbournemouthblue

up there with Milliband and his bacon butty eating?

The Tories have basically fallen straight into the Labour Party's People versus the Rich narrative through sheer incompetence

To top that off, Day One virtually of Dominic Cummings digital strategy has been exposed with this idiotic attack video in the style Leave.EU have been getting away for years without many complaints, partly because they were preaching to the converted. It's a bit different when people from other areas see it.

As Campaign Launch days go, it really has been shambolic!

[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 17:47]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:44 - Nov 6 with 988 viewsSpruceMoose

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:40 - Nov 6 by Pecker

He gave his opinion. Got to be honest, I wouldn't have stayed put either. People are allowed an opinion you know. You may not agree with it, but it is an opinion and as so cannot be wrong. He wasn't saying they were stupid or anything else the press have put a spin on it about, he gave his opinion. Get over it.

Where has this silliness about opinions being unable to be wrong come from? Sounds like a load of snowflake nonsense to me. Of course opinions can be wrong.

You telling people to 'get over it' is offensive and as such you should be ashamed. I can't be wrong, it's my opinion. Right?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:44 - Nov 6 with 983 viewsHerbivore

He gave his opinion. Got to be honest, I wouldn't have stayed put either. People are allowed an opinion you know. You may not agree with it, but it is an opinion and as so cannot be wrong. He wasn't saying they were stupid or anything else the press have put a spin on it about, he gave his opinion. Get over it.

Div.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:51 - Nov 6 with 969 viewsjas0999

I didn’t think Labour could get worse than Milliband ... sadly I was wrong. Corbyn is dreadful.

JRM is terrible, shocking. Yet many still won’t vote Labour with Corbyn at the helm. Me included. Really want to. But can’t.
So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:56 - Nov 6 with 964 viewsHerbivore

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:51 - Nov 6 by jas0999

I didn’t think Labour could get worse than Milliband ... sadly I was wrong. Corbyn is dreadful.

JRM is terrible, shocking. Yet many still won’t vote Labour with Corbyn at the helm. Me included. Really want to. But can’t.

Really? You've never mentioned before.

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 21:00 - Nov 6 with 961 viewsZedRodgers

Ed Milliband eating some food isn't comparable with Mogg's mask slipping. I wouldn't even call it a clanger either. It's just the nasty pasty exposing what they're able to keep behind closed doors most of the time. Bridgen's interview with Evan Davis is further evidence of this.

Also, I think Mr. Cummings has likely vacated for the following reasons.

1. Johnson convinced him to postpone surgery to take the role. I would imagine the surgery can't wait forever and the intention was for Cummings' role to effectively be over once we left the EU on 31st October.
2. He wouldn't be allowing the series of Tory-esque electoral disasters that are unfolding - As you implied, that doctored video was definitely more Leave.EU than VoteLeave.
3. Has anybody seen him recently?

No, not at the moment

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:08 - Nov 7 with 885 viewsPecker

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:44 - Nov 6 by SpruceMoose

Where has this silliness about opinions being unable to be wrong come from? Sounds like a load of snowflake nonsense to me. Of course opinions can be wrong.

You telling people to 'get over it' is offensive and as such you should be ashamed. I can't be wrong, it's my opinion. Right?

Wow. The answer to a question can be wrong, but an opinion cannot be. You have to say what everybody else is saying or you are wrong? He said that people should have used their common sense and got out. What is wrong with that? That is his opinion and he is entitled to it. As usual, everybody jumping on a none story trying to turn it into a story. Perhaps people should concentrate on the things that matter.
So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:12 - Nov 7 with 876 viewsHerbivore

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:08 - Nov 7 by Pecker

Wow. The answer to a question can be wrong, but an opinion cannot be. You have to say what everybody else is saying or you are wrong? He said that people should have used their common sense and got out. What is wrong with that? That is his opinion and he is entitled to it. As usual, everybody jumping on a none story trying to turn it into a story. Perhaps people should concentrate on the things that matter.

Yep, definitely a div.

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:15 - Nov 7 with 870 viewsPecker

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:12 - Nov 7 by Herbivore

Yep, definitely a div.

Why? Please explain.
Login to get fewer ads

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:20 - Nov 7 with 862 viewsHerbivore

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:15 - Nov 7 by Pecker

Why? Please explain.

If you can't see why what he said was hugely insensitive and offensive I'm not sure any words I use can replace that gaping hole in your conscience. You're defending him because he's a Tory whose views you agree with. Even he and his nasty party realised what he said was offensive and apologised for it.

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:27 - Nov 7 with 855 viewsm14_blue

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:08 - Nov 7 by Pecker

Yes, it was definitely the fault of those who followed the advice of the emergency services and subsequently burned to death in their homes. If only they’d been as smart as you and JRM they’d have been fine, only got themselves to blame really.

You should be ashamed. But you won’t be. JRM wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire and yet you’re prepared to throw the victims of Grenfell under the bus in order to defend him.

It seems many people in this country learned nothing from Hillsborough.
So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:32 - Nov 7 with 848 viewsHerbivore

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:27 - Nov 7 by m14_blue

Yes, it was definitely the fault of those who followed the advice of the emergency services and subsequently burned to death in their homes. If only they’d been as smart as you and JRM they’d have been fine, only got themselves to blame really.

You should be ashamed. But you won’t be. JRM wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire and yet you’re prepared to throw the victims of Grenfell under the bus in order to defend him.

There's a section of the electorate so blindly indoctrinated in the ways of the loony right of the Tory party that even when said party acknowledge that something dipped beneath their low ethical bar, the disciples will continue to defend it nonetheless. This is how genuinely horrific things end up happening, the apologists who excuse the inexcusable.

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:34 - Nov 7 with 847 viewsPecker

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:27 - Nov 7 by m14_blue

What are you on about? I am not defending anybody. I am saying that people are entitled to an opinion and he is that they should have made their own minds up about the situation they found themselves in. I am not saying that they are not smart enough to make their own minds up. I am not saying anything about Glenfell as such, just that anybody is entitled to give an opinion. Just because it goes against the tide, doesn't make him some kind of monster. You and everybody else can disagree with him, but it doesn't make him wrong and I do not understand why he apologised for giving his opinion.
So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:36 - Nov 7 with 843 viewsHerbivore

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:34 - Nov 7 by Pecker

What are you on about? I am not defending anybody. I am saying that people are entitled to an opinion and he is that they should have made their own minds up about the situation they found themselves in. I am not saying that they are not smart enough to make their own minds up. I am not saying anything about Glenfell as such, just that anybody is entitled to give an opinion. Just because it goes against the tide, doesn't make him some kind of monster. You and everybody else can disagree with him, but it doesn't make him wrong and I do not understand why he apologised for giving his opinion.

Jesus wept.

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:42 - Nov 7 with 834 viewsStokieBlue

"people are entitled to an opinion"

Never have 6 words caused so much trouble or allowed so much hatred and lies to fester and propagate.

"but it doesn't make him wrong"

Wow. You got both the 6 word phrases that cause most the problems into a single post. Impressive stuff.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 20:43 - Nov 7 with 832 viewsm14_blue

You don’t understand that opinions can be offensive? Or that people in senior government positions should try not to voice opinions that will cause huge offence to the families and survivors of a tragedy like Grenfell?

That’s just idiotic.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you’re just trolling in really poor taste because if you really believe that then.......Jesus Christ.
So this Rees-Mogg Clanger on 21:28 - Nov 7 with 797 viewsmrshallisfit

Ermmmm. There is some very wonky reasoning in that post.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024