Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robbed! 19:03 - Nov 23 with 5613 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Clearly over the line!

Bring in Goal line tech in League one!

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Robbed! on 23:11 - Nov 23 with 1098 viewshoppy

Robbed! on 20:53 - Nov 23 by ITFC_Forever

All of the ball must be over all of the line when viewed from directly above.... so when viewed from the side, it is possible to see grass between the base of the ball and the line, as the base of the ball will be further in to the goal.

Same principle as when numskulls get wrongly over-excited about being able to see grass between the ball and the corner quadrant at corners.

In a way, it’s similar to not being able to decide if cows are small, or far away...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Robbed! on 04:13 - Nov 24 with 1036 viewsBlue_Moses

Robbed! on 19:46 - Nov 23 by sparks

What is interesting- is people "behind the goal" are claiming certainty. Which is quite silly given their angle of view.

On telly it looked over. But the camera angle made it impossible to be at all certain.

I was behind the goal and it didn't look in
Robbed! on 04:44 - Nov 24 with 1023 viewswkj

Decent debate, crazy abuse report. This football business is starting to get very political!

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Robbed! on 08:17 - Nov 24 with 984 viewstextbackup

Robbed! on 21:07 - Nov 23 by Sarge

Also their second goal was a clear dive and the first goal...are we just ignoring head injury rules now? Ridiculous referee, how he’s allowed to officiate the championship too is beyond me.

it was a clear dive. however our experienced captain should have never gone to ground to give the ref a decision. it 100% falls on him that one im afraid

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Robbed! on 08:46 - Nov 24 with 967 viewsHerbivore

Robbed! on 08:17 - Nov 24 by textbackup

it was a clear dive. however our experienced captain should have never gone to ground to give the ref a decision. it 100% falls on him that one im afraid

Or it falls on the ref for giving a penalty when there wasn't a foul?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Robbed! on 08:49 - Nov 24 with 965 viewstextbackup

Robbed! on 08:46 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

hes gone to ground and made slight contact. defend chambers all you want. but he of all people should know better in that situation.

(and im not one to slate chambers to be fashionable)

Robbed! on 08:57 - Nov 24 with 949 viewsHerbivore

Robbed! on 08:49 - Nov 24 by textbackup

hes gone to ground and made slight contact. defend chambers all you want. but he of all people should know better in that situation.

(and im not one to slate chambers to be fashionable)

Fair dos it looked to me like he was blocking off a potential shot or cut back which is what I'd expect a defender to do in that situation. I'm not sure there was any contact, he pulls out of the challenge/block and Kalkai threw himself over. It was such a clear dive and I can't believe the ref fell for it.

Robbed! on 09:14 - Nov 24 with 930 viewstextbackup

Robbed! on 08:57 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

Fair dos it looked to me like he was blocking off a potential shot or cut back which is what I'd expect a defender to do in that situation. I'm not sure there was any contact, he pulls out of the challenge/block and Kalkai threw himself over. It was such a clear dive and I can't believe the ref fell for it.

refs at this level are completely sht. so sht that I've given up even caring or moaning about decisions now.

Login to get fewer ads

Robbed! on 09:16 - Nov 24 with 924 viewsHerbivore

Robbed! on 09:14 - Nov 24 by textbackup

refs at this level are completely sht. so sht that I've given up even caring or moaning about decisions now.

I hear you. Some of the decisions are completely baffling.

Robbed! on 09:25 - Nov 24 with 907 viewsDurovigutum

Robbed! on 08:46 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

I refereed a Cambridgeshire Counties game yesterday. The pitch was heavy, the grass long, the light lacking illumination and the rain falling. Not only have you got to keep up with play, you've then got to make decisions where the players aren't helping you. Sometimes players "make" you give a decision, like you say to someone "that's the last time I want to speak to you" and then they trip someone up and you have no choice but to show a card. Sometimes you just get it wrong, you're positioning might be "by the book" but it just doesn't give you the view you need. It's really hard, but even the worst referee will make fewer mistakes than a player.
Robbed! on 09:25 - Nov 24 with 905 viewssolemio

Robbed! on 23:11 - Nov 23 by hoppy

In a way, it’s similar to not being able to decide if cows are small, or far away...

That's what everybody said at the time.
Robbed! on 09:28 - Nov 24 with 902 viewsHerbivore

Robbed! on 09:25 - Nov 24 by Durovigutum

I refereed a Cambridgeshire Counties game yesterday. The pitch was heavy, the grass long, the light lacking illumination and the rain falling. Not only have you got to keep up with play, you've then got to make decisions where the players aren't helping you. Sometimes players "make" you give a decision, like you say to someone "that's the last time I want to speak to you" and then they trip someone up and you have no choice but to show a card. Sometimes you just get it wrong, you're positioning might be "by the book" but it just doesn't give you the view you need. It's really hard, but even the worst referee will make fewer mistakes than a player.

I could see from the North Stand that it wasn't a foul.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024