Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) 21:36 - Nov 23 with 10466 viewsElderGrizzly

After the wreath laying ‘accidental’ editing, now this

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 22:19 - Nov 24 with 3804 viewsjeera

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 10:51 - Nov 24 by WeWereZombies

You'd be surprised, I used to listen to World Service as much as any other radio station before I started to get hearing loss (which I do not think was the fault of World Service) and curtailed most of my radio consumption. Another factor was the change from being funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office to being brought in house, a lot of the independence went then and many of the programmes were repeats and stuff shared with Radio Four.

In getting my facts straight on that I checked the Wikipedia page: 'In 2015 World Service reached an average of 210 million people a week (via TV, radio and online)' and 'The BBC World Service is the world's largest international broadcaster,'

A similar set of circumstances could be evidenced by looking at the rising circulation of The Economist, one of the few magazines to be bucking the liability for long established titles to go out of business. Now up to 800,000 per issue it may be only a couple of years before it overtakes The Sun (the 'newspaper' with the highest circulation, 1.3 million), and I would expect The Economist to have a few more secondary readers too....but it does take a couple of months to get through each issue (The Economist that is, although the same could be said of The Sun if you use it as toilet paper and have severe constipation).
[Post edited 24 Nov 2019 10:56]

I'd be surprised?

There was a time that I also listened to it.

So that's 3 of us - practically in the bag then.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 22:23 - Nov 24 with 3799 viewsRyorry

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 22:19 - Nov 24 by jeera

I'd be surprised?

There was a time that I also listened to it.

So that's 3 of us - practically in the bag then.

Not to mention the millions of others, as was pointed out (see WD's p1 post too).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 22:33 - Nov 24 with 3773 viewsjeera

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 22:23 - Nov 24 by Ryorry

Not to mention the millions of others, as was pointed out (see WD's p1 post too).

The point being, if you can be bothered, is that the average voter doesn't.

It's not difficult. Not enough to count against the tabloid competition.

I'm not complaining about the sodding WS, just stating the obvious that the type who tend to bother, aren't the target audience of the every day campaigning methods.

You seem to think everything has to be an argument for some reason.

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 10:17 - Nov 25 with 3696 viewsSwansea_Blue

Explosive complaint from John Sweeney about the BBC's approach, if nobody has seen it.

https://www.johnsweeney.co.uk/?p=letter.to.ofcom

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 11:22 - Nov 25 with 3670 viewsWeWereZombies

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 10:17 - Nov 25 by Swansea_Blue

Explosive complaint from John Sweeney about the BBC's approach, if nobody has seen it.

Explosive indeed, but if it is headed up 'Private And In Confidence' how has it come to our attention?
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 11:38]

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Good for Sweeney (n/t) on 11:38 - Nov 25 with 3654 viewsDyland

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 10:17 - Nov 25 by Swansea_Blue

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 11:41 - Nov 25 with 3650 viewsSwansea_Blue

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 11:22 - Nov 25 by WeWereZombies

Explosive indeed, but if it is headed up 'Private And In Confidence' how has it come to our attention?

I could tell you, but I'd have to shoot you!

I thought that it seemed a bit strange. I've only seen it circulating today and that letter was dated 4th November, so maybe things have moved on?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 11:52 - Nov 25 with 3635 viewsjeera

Blimey. There's a lot going on there.

As others have said, good for him.

It looks like the Beeb were running scared at times. All those resources too - not that that's the point. Investigative work like that shouldn't go to waste.

Login to get fewer ads

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 12:01 - Nov 25 with 3616 viewsElderGrizzly

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 16:05 - Nov 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

How long now until your first 'deep state' post now Grizzly...?

I am the deep state...
The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 14:03 - Nov 25 with 3576 viewscaught-in-limbo

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 11:22 - Nov 25 by WeWereZombies

What Sweeney says about the BBC being risk averse in light of threats from the Russian state is hilarious.

No one is pointing out that there are more than one type of nasty Russian - but the western press likes to lump them all together in one bag called "evil Russians".

The Russians who are funding the Conservative party are the nasty oligarchs who got kicked out of Russia by Putin. They, like most oligarchs, don't care about their country, only about themselves. They generally live in London and are of course anti Putin. Trust me, Putin friendly Russians are not trying to undermine the UK by funding the Tory party's imaginary Brexit goals.

Next there are evil Russians oligarchs who like Putin, are incredibly rich but keep their money in the country.

Then there are evil Russians like Medvedev and other anti Putin politicians who make up half of the Russian Duma. These people (many of them nasty oligarchs support the western banking system and want to see the back of Putin. Putin doesn't kick them out because he doesn't have the power to do so and because they keep their money in Russia.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 14:39 - Nov 25 with 3531 viewsBluesquid

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 14:03 - Nov 25 by caught-in-limbo

What Sweeney says about the BBC being risk averse in light of threats from the Russian state is hilarious.

No one is pointing out that there are more than one type of nasty Russian - but the western press likes to lump them all together in one bag called "evil Russians".

The Russians who are funding the Conservative party are the nasty oligarchs who got kicked out of Russia by Putin. They, like most oligarchs, don't care about their country, only about themselves. They generally live in London and are of course anti Putin. Trust me, Putin friendly Russians are not trying to undermine the UK by funding the Tory party's imaginary Brexit goals.

Next there are evil Russians oligarchs who like Putin, are incredibly rich but keep their money in the country.

Then there are evil Russians like Medvedev and other anti Putin politicians who make up half of the Russian Duma. These people (many of them nasty oligarchs support the western banking system and want to see the back of Putin. Putin doesn't kick them out because he doesn't have the power to do so and because they keep their money in Russia.

Yes there was a thread here last week about Johnson meeting ex-KGB agent Alexander Lebedev and all of these explosive leaks and Bill Browder said "He lives in Moscow & runs businesses across Russia. To do so, he must be loyal to Putin".

A 2 minute online search showed this in fact to be the opposite.

And people actually believe this rubbish, just fake news.
The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 14:42 - Nov 25 with 3525 viewseireblue

A couple of old and MSM guides to Russian Oligarchs, for those interested, they don’t contain the word evil, so may need updating.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/the-a-z-of-oligarchs-479815.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/rich-russians-london-residents-
The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 14:51 - Nov 25 with 3518 viewsBluesquid

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 14:42 - Nov 25 by eireblue

A couple of old and MSM guides to Russian Oligarchs, for those interested, they don’t contain the word evil, so may need updating.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/the-a-z-of-oligarchs-479815.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/rich-russians-london-residents-

First article is from 2006 but the second Independent article fails to mention Alexander Lebedev.

Alexander Lebedev who has been the owner of the Independent since 2010.
The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 15:04 - Nov 25 with 3502 viewseireblue

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 14:51 - Nov 25 by Bluesquid

First article is from 2006 but the second Independent article fails to mention Alexander Lebedev.

Alexander Lebedev who has been the owner of the Independent since 2010.

Hmmmm, so a part of the western press is owned by a Rich Russian.

What should we take from that then?
The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 15:16 - Nov 25 with 3494 viewsBluesquid

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 15:04 - Nov 25 by eireblue

Hmmmm, so a part of the western press is owned by a Rich Russian.

He's a rich Russian who owns part of the Western press and he is also the owner of a newspaper in Russia which is one of the most vocal newspapers critical of the current Russian Government.

Would be a start to not listen to those pushing fake news.
The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 15:22 - Nov 25 with 3480 viewseireblue

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 15:16 - Nov 25 by Bluesquid

He's a rich Russian who owns part of the Western press and he is also the owner of a newspaper in Russia which is one of the most vocal newspapers critical of the current Russian Government.

Would be a start to not listen to those pushing fake news.

So what you are saying, for example, if someone was to characterise western media in a certain way, and there were examples of western media not acting that way, then, if that were the case, that would be an example of fake news.

And therefore we should not listen to such people.

Ok, I see what you are saying.
The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 15:28 - Nov 25 with 3473 viewsBluesquid

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 15:22 - Nov 25 by eireblue

So what you are saying, for example, if someone was to characterise western media in a certain way, and there were examples of western media not acting that way, then, if that were the case, that would be an example of fake news.

And therefore we should not listen to such people.

Ok, I see what you are saying.

My first post in this thread, go read it.

Bill Browder pushing fake news which certain people were just all to willing to lap up.

Edit. Should have made the above clear in my previous post.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 15:32]
The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 15:31 - Nov 25 with 3468 viewseireblue

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 15:28 - Nov 25 by Bluesquid

My first post in this thread, go read it.

Bill Browder pushing fake news which certain people were just all to willing to lap up.

Edit. Should have made the above clear in my previous post.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 15:32]

You should have more confidence in yourself.

No reason to assume I haven’t read your first post.

It is always good to be on the lookout for people saying false things.
The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 15:40 - Nov 25 with 3451 viewsBluesquid

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 15:31 - Nov 25 by eireblue

You should have more confidence in yourself.

No reason to assume I haven’t read your first post.

It is always good to be on the lookout for people saying false things.

Individuals pushing mistruths re the Russian Putin bogey man threat when it is in reality a Russian who is very critical of Putin.

Individuals pushing fake news.
The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 15:44 - Nov 25 with 3441 viewseireblue

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 15:40 - Nov 25 by Bluesquid

Individuals pushing mistruths re the Russian Putin bogey man threat when it is in reality a Russian who is very critical of Putin.

I think you are spot on, we have to be very aware of individuals using a nebulous bogey man, when trying to spread false information.
The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 15:52 - Nov 25 with 3430 viewsStokieBlue

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 15:40 - Nov 25 by Bluesquid

This is definitely true, we should be on the lookout for individuals pushing fake news.

Given this, can you explain why you upvoted CILs post doing exactly that in the thread on Musk?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 15:53 - Nov 25 with 3427 viewsStokieBlue

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 14:39 - Nov 25 by Bluesquid

Yes there was a thread here last week about Johnson meeting ex-KGB agent Alexander Lebedev and all of these explosive leaks and Bill Browder said "He lives in Moscow & runs businesses across Russia. To do so, he must be loyal to Putin".

A 2 minute online search showed this in fact to be the opposite.

And people actually believe this rubbish, just fake news.

Lazy research by Browder and you were correct to point it out in that thread.

SB

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 16:02 - Nov 25 with 3420 viewsStokieBlue

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 14:03 - Nov 25 by caught-in-limbo

Out of interest when did Medvedev become anti-Putin? He's literally supported him his whole career including keeping the presidency warm for 4 years so the law could be changed to allow Putin to serve more terms.

I can find nothing on the internet of him being anti-Putin. I am sure you have a source though?

SB

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 16:19 - Nov 25 with 3408 viewsBluesquid

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 15:52 - Nov 25 by StokieBlue

This is definitely true, we should be on the lookout for individuals pushing fake news.

Given this, can you explain why you upvoted CILs post doing exactly that in the thread on Musk?

SB

So you believe that spectacle with the broken windows to be genuinely unplanned?
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 16:21]
The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 16:23 - Nov 25 with 3395 viewsStokieBlue

The BBC altering clips of Johnson again (In his favour) on 16:19 - Nov 25 by Bluesquid

So you believe that spectacle with the broken windows to be genuinely unplanned?
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 16:21]

If you were referring to that point then no problem. I do think it probably didn't break in the testing but who knows, I don't see any benefit from planning for it to happen.

I was actually referring to the second part that CIL cited as fake news (the car in space). If you weren't referring to that then it's my mistake and ignore me.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024