Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LAMBERT OUT 17:34 - Dec 21 with 2128 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Not just are we poor.. we are getting worse.

Get him gone and give it George Burley on a temp.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

LAMBERT OUT on 17:36 - Dec 21 with 1775 viewsOxford_Blue

Ha ha - good one.
LAMBERT OUT on 17:36 - Dec 21 with 1774 viewsreusersfreekicks

Ffs not the Burley rubbish again
LAMBERT OUT on 17:40 - Dec 21 with 1721 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

LAMBERT OUT on 17:36 - Dec 21 by reusersfreekicks

Why the hell not. If he still wants it give it him

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

LAMBERT OUT on 17:40 - Dec 21 with 1718 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

LAMBERT OUT on 17:36 - Dec 21 by Oxford_Blue

Ha ha - good one.

Do one

LAMBERT OUT on 17:46 - Dec 21 with 1685 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

LAMBERT OUT on 17:36 - Dec 21 by reusersfreekicks

Not saying I want Burley in, but I don't see why people write him off so quickly.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

LAMBERT OUT on 17:48 - Dec 21 with 1668 viewsTheSelkirk

LAMBERT OUT on 17:46 - Dec 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not saying I want Burley in, but I don't see why people write him off so quickly.

If we're going to turn back the clock to another era, I'd take Glenn Hoddle
LAMBERT OUT on 17:49 - Dec 21 with 1655 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

LAMBERT OUT on 17:48 - Dec 21 by TheSelkirk

If we're going to turn back the clock to another era, I'd take Glenn Hoddle

He wouldn't want it.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

LAMBERT OUT on 18:05 - Dec 21 with 1595 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

LAMBERT OUT on 17:46 - Dec 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

It was the same after Mick. How much worse could he have done, the game hasn’t changed since he left. It’s still just put the ball in the net

Login to get fewer ads

LAMBERT OUT on 18:08 - Dec 21 with 1575 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

LAMBERT OUT on 18:05 - Dec 21 by TRUE_BLUE123

It was the same after Mick. How much worse could he have done, the game hasn’t changed since he left. It’s still just put the ball in the net

To be fair, GB's favoured system is back in fashion!

LAMBERT OUT on 18:12 - Dec 21 with 1549 viewsPositivelyPortman

LAMBERT OUT on 18:08 - Dec 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

To be fair, GB's favoured system is back in fashion!

69?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

LAMBERT OUT on 23:43 - Dec 21 with 1358 viewsOxford_Blue

LAMBERT OUT on 17:40 - Dec 21 by TRUE_BLUE123

Do one

You’re serious then?

So you want to sack a manager after, what, a few bad results?

A manager who has got us to the promotion places? Helped increase crowds and a good feeling with the fans? Who has had no money at all? You want to do this and get burley in to recreate a time machine from 20 years ago? And when burley doesn’t produce the results then what? Sack him after a few games.

Get a grip. This is sport. It’s what happens. We are going through a bad patch. We will come out of it. And you will see that you are being embarrassingly flakey.
LAMBERT OUT on 23:46 - Dec 21 with 1342 viewspointofblue

LAMBERT OUT on 23:43 - Dec 21 by Oxford_Blue

You’re serious then?

A manager who has got us to the promotion places? Helped increase crowds and a good feeling with the fans? Who has had no money at all? You want to do this and get burley in to recreate a time machine from 20 years ago? And when burley doesn’t produce the results then what? Sack him after a few games.

Get a grip. This is sport. It’s what happens. We are going through a bad patch. We will come out of it. And you will see that you are being embarrassingly flakey.

Who's had no money at all? What did he use to get all those short term loans in in January? Or Vincent-Young? He's been backed more than Mick was in the final few years.

It's not the results which are the base of the problem anyway - it's the lack of style, identity and direction. Name our preferred first XI? That may be difficult for most teams so let me make it more simple - name our first choice goalkeeper.

We desperately need to limit the number of changes we make game-from-game and settle on a formation. We should be letting other teams worry about us; why are we changing from match to match? It's not confusing the opposition - it's confusing ourselves.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

LAMBERT OUT on 23:49 - Dec 21 with 1336 viewsOxford_Blue

LAMBERT OUT on 23:46 - Dec 21 by pointofblue

Who's had no money at all? What did he use to get all those short term loans in in January? Or Vincent-Young? He's been backed more than Mick was in the final few years.

It's not the results which are the base of the problem anyway - it's the lack of style, identity and direction. Name our preferred first XI? That may be difficult for most teams so let me make it more simple - name our first choice goalkeeper.

We desperately need to limit the number of changes we make game-from-game and settle on a formation. We should be letting other teams worry about us; why are we changing from match to match? It's not confusing the opposition - it's confusing ourselves.

He’s not had money to buy new players. He can’t buy his way out of the league. Clearly.

I’m frustrated like you about the last few matches.

It’s made worse by expectations being raised by the good start. But come on, to call for him to be sacked after a few defeats is pathetic and flakey. It’s also embarrassing frankly.
LAMBERT OUT on 23:49 - Dec 21 with 1331 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

LAMBERT OUT on 23:43 - Dec 21 by Oxford_Blue

You’re serious then?

Its not just a few bad results.

Third bottom of form table last five. No system, no best XI and no clear style of play. Its December FFS, what is Lambert even doing with them. We are crap and have been all season even when we were winning. He is a PR Man, end of. We were clear of third not so long ago, now we are 5 points off 7th, relegation form.

LAMBERT OUT on 23:51 - Dec 21 with 1321 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

LAMBERT OUT on 23:49 - Dec 21 by Oxford_Blue

He’s not had money to buy new players. He can’t buy his way out of the league. Clearly.

It’s made worse by expectations being raised by the good start. But come on, to call for him to be sacked after a few defeats is pathetic and flakey. It’s also embarrassing frankly.

He has the squad he wanted. He said he wanted 3 player and he got them in Keane, KVY and Norris. Best squad in the league, money isn't a factor when our squad is easily the best.

LAMBERT OUT on 23:52 - Dec 21 with 1319 viewspointofblue

LAMBERT OUT on 23:49 - Dec 21 by Oxford_Blue

As I said, I'm not sure if the calls are because of the results or the approach he's taking. I was - oddly - satisfied after the Bristol Rovers defeat as I saw enough of what we were trying to do. Lambert had stuck to the formation which played at Coventry and tried the same approach. The defence was shambolic with a central midfielder at right back but once we settled we dominated for the most part. We grew into the game. Fine, we lost, but there was signs of growth.

Then today he completely changes it and tries something different which has hardly been successful previously.

LAMBERT OUT on 23:59 - Dec 21 with 1293 viewsOxford_Blue

LAMBERT OUT on 23:52 - Dec 21 by pointofblue

As I said, I'm not sure if the calls are because of the results or the approach he's taking. I was - oddly - satisfied after the Bristol Rovers defeat as I saw enough of what we were trying to do. Lambert had stuck to the formation which played at Coventry and tried the same approach. The defence was shambolic with a central midfielder at right back but once we settled we dominated for the most part. We grew into the game. Fine, we lost, but there was signs of growth.

Then today he completely changes it and tries something different which has hardly been successful previously.

Agreed - but does this really justify sacking him? Seriously?
LAMBERT OUT on 00:01 - Dec 22 with 1285 viewsOxford_Blue

LAMBERT OUT on 23:51 - Dec 21 by TRUE_BLUE123

He has the squad he wanted. He said he wanted 3 player and he got them in Keane, KVY and Norris. Best squad in the league, money isn't a factor when our squad is easily the best.

Clearly not true. He hasn’t got the squad he wanted. Read his comments about Evans.
LAMBERT OUT on 00:02 - Dec 22 with 1282 viewspointofblue

LAMBERT OUT on 23:59 - Dec 21 by Oxford_Blue

Agreed - but does this really justify sacking him? Seriously?

Depends if he learns from this or not. He should be given an opportunity to but, if he doesn't, we'll slide down the table and we'll end up in a position where it will seem more justifible. Do we become a team we previously mocked (like Leeds) who sack someone after a bad run, just so someone can take us over whilst we're in a relatively strong position?

LAMBERT OUT on 00:05 - Dec 22 with 1272 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

LAMBERT OUT on 00:01 - Dec 22 by Oxford_Blue

Clearly not true. He hasn’t got the squad he wanted. Read his comments about Evans.

What more does he want, this squad is still the best in the league and he can't get them to play, Pick a formation and stick with it, cause I tell you it will be the players getting piss*d with this as well.

LAMBERT OUT on 00:20 - Dec 22 with 1246 viewsMrTown

I like Burley, he’s a fecking legend here but what has he done in over a decade?

Might as well give it Kuqi on that note, got his managers career in front of him not behind him.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2019 0:21]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

LAMBERT OUT on 00:24 - Dec 22 with 1232 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

LAMBERT OUT on 00:20 - Dec 22 by MrTown

I like Burley, he’s a fecking legend here but what has he done in over a decade?

Might as well give it Kuqi on that note, got his managers career in front of him not behind him.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2019 0:21]

What had Lambert done in ages before he got the job. If you want someone to hold fort until the end of the season and get us playing football in a clear system, George has still got it in him I am 100% sure.

LAMBERT OUT on 00:41 - Dec 22 with 1180 viewsMrTown

LAMBERT OUT on 00:24 - Dec 22 by TRUE_BLUE123

What had Lambert done in ages before he got the job. If you want someone to hold fort until the end of the season and get us playing football in a clear system, George has still got it in him I am 100% sure.

I am not stating that Lambert is the man, but IF you were going to replace you at least need an adequate replacement.

LAMBERT OUT on 00:57 - Dec 22 with 1152 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

LAMBERT OUT on 00:41 - Dec 22 by MrTown

I am not stating that Lambert is the man, but IF you were going to replace you at least need an adequate replacement.

I personally think he would be.

Warnock if he would fancy it ?

LAMBERT OUT on 01:07 - Dec 22 with 1127 viewsMrTown

LAMBERT OUT on 00:57 - Dec 22 by TRUE_BLUE123

I personally think he would be.

Warnock if he would fancy it ?

Based upon what though is my question?

Warnock? Proven, but dull football, would rather have Mick back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024