Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick 12:44 - Dec 30 with 1950 viewskizaitfc

The unwillingness to throw a youngster into the squad is so frustrating.

We clearly have a issue at RB the last couple of games through injury so throw a youngster in like Cotter and give them a chance to prove themselves.

The wingers have been poor IMO so why not give Dobra chance.

Garbutt has been poor at LB and needs to be on the wing so play Kenlock or another youngster there.

Even with Skuse out injured he could have played the youngster McGavin who has been impressing

Obviously I'm not saying he should do all 4 in the same game, but the fact he has refused to do any and instead shoe horn players to play out of position like Edward's, Wolf, Jackson, Sears reminds me of Mick and Jewell.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 14:07 - Dec 30 with 546 viewskizaitfc

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 14:02 - Dec 30 by GeoffSentence

It's not always like that. There was lots of exhilarating stuff in the Bristol Rovers game for instance, likewise vs Wycombe. Shame we got sod all out of those two games but it wasnt all tippy-tappy, some of the attacking play was pretty good.

To be fair, MM pre-2015 could be a pretty decent watch, but from the second half of the 2014-2015 season it became pretty dire.

Spot on!

We are playing nice stuff every so often but when we concede a goal in the opening 10 minutes it makes it very hard to break down a team in their own half.

If I were PL I'd be looking to get back to the solid defence we had at the start of the season. Dont ask me how though

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 14:51 - Dec 30 with 536 viewsGuthrum

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:40 - Dec 30 by kizaitfc

If a player is deemed not playable because of their temper then there are plenty of high quality players in the top European leagues who should not be in their respective teams squad

But they either have supreme talent or have learnt to be effective despite the volatile temprament (Downes is getting there). Dobra falls into neither category yet.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 15:05 - Dec 30 with 526 viewsGaryCooper

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:44 - Dec 30 by BlueBadger

I think I've got four corners in the 'Mick Myths' bingo card with that one - what do I win?

A point, a point that was settled for from the start.
Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 15:07 - Dec 30 with 521 viewsHerbivore

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:37 - Dec 30 by kizaitfc

He is a massive part of why we are in this mess.

He cannot and should not escape the blame for his he left this club

Wait, what? It's Mick's fault we're now in League 1? He left us 12th in the Championship with a decent squad.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 15:13 - Dec 30 with 512 viewscbower

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 14:51 - Dec 30 by Guthrum

But they either have supreme talent or have learnt to be effective despite the volatile temprament (Downes is getting there). Dobra falls into neither category yet.

Have to disagree with you on Dobra. Yes, he was ill disciplined at Accrington and was lucky not to have been sent off for the wild lunge a few minutes earlier. However, he did not lose us that game. We were poor throughout and Dobra looked most likely to get us back into it to be fair. In our current predicament when we just can't seem to break the lines and our midfield players are remote from the strikers, Dobra's obvious talent to drive at defenders and carries us forward should at least be used from the bench for the last 15-20 minutes. If his absence from the 18 since Accrington is PL's punishment then that is just nonsensical. He will never be ready playing U23 football.

bluescouser

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 15:26 - Dec 30 with 492 viewsKeaneish

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 12:54 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

Bishop of course, who was a nailed on starter when fit. It's a total myth that Mick didn't play the youngsters.

Irish fans are less than happy with his selection policies citing a lack of youth selection. Apparently they’ve got an abundance of youth coming through whom they feel are better options for the future of Irish football than who Mick has been selecting.

I’ll take it with a pinch of salt as Mick is on a short-term contract to deliver Euro success, not develop Irish youth but it seems the “doesn’t play youth” moniker has followed him to Ireland.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 15:35 - Dec 30 with 480 viewsHerbivore

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 14:02 - Dec 30 by GeoffSentence

It's not always like that. There was lots of exhilarating stuff in the Bristol Rovers game for instance, likewise vs Wycombe. Shame we got sod all out of those two games but it wasnt all tippy-tappy, some of the attacking play was pretty good.

To be fair, MM pre-2015 could be a pretty decent watch, but from the second half of the 2014-2015 season it became pretty dire.

You can pick out more good performances from Mick's last year and a half here than you can from the year and a half since he left. That time period includes a 3-1 win over Newcastle, a 5-2 win over Sunderland, a 4-3 win at Millwall, a 4-2 win over Forest. That's just off the top of my head. What have we had since then? A good second half against Tranmere, a battling win against Leeds in a dead rubber? I don't buy that the football is any better since Mick left, it's mostly been a fair bit worse. The difference is that in the last 2 seasons under Mick people were only interested in the negatives and now people are more inclined to hunt for the positives.

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 15:37 - Dec 30 with 479 viewsDyland

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 15:13 - Dec 30 by cbower

Have to disagree with you on Dobra. Yes, he was ill disciplined at Accrington and was lucky not to have been sent off for the wild lunge a few minutes earlier. However, he did not lose us that game. We were poor throughout and Dobra looked most likely to get us back into it to be fair. In our current predicament when we just can't seem to break the lines and our midfield players are remote from the strikers, Dobra's obvious talent to drive at defenders and carries us forward should at least be used from the bench for the last 15-20 minutes. If his absence from the 18 since Accrington is PL's punishment then that is just nonsensical. He will never be ready playing U23 football.

His only real equivalent is Bishop, who we miss enormously imo.

What has me shaking my head is we could have two separate perfectly functioning starting four selections in midfield, with some perfectly decent players at this level, and yet we create fook all. Clearly Lambert is also shaking his head, but this is kind of his job ffs. Not like he's only just turned up is it.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 15:39 - Dec 30 with 471 viewsHerbivore

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 15:26 - Dec 30 by Keaneish

Irish fans are less than happy with his selection policies citing a lack of youth selection. Apparently they’ve got an abundance of youth coming through whom they feel are better options for the future of Irish football than who Mick has been selecting.

I’ll take it with a pinch of salt as Mick is on a short-term contract to deliver Euro success, not develop Irish youth but it seems the “doesn’t play youth” moniker has followed him to Ireland.

Given that it wasn't true of him here I'll also take it with a pinch of salt.

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 15:45 - Dec 30 with 464 viewslongtimefan

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 14:07 - Dec 30 by kizaitfc

Spot on!

We are playing nice stuff every so often but when we concede a goal in the opening 10 minutes it makes it very hard to break down a team in their own half.

If I were PL I'd be looking to get back to the solid defence we had at the start of the season. Dont ask me how though

“If I were PL I'd be looking to get back to the solid defence we had at the start of the season. Dont ask me how though”

One might have thought that would have been his first priority on joining the club! I never expected him to save us from relegation but did expect him to make us more difficult to beat and to be more organised in defence. Unfortunately it never happened.
Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 15:46 - Dec 30 with 465 viewscbower

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 15:37 - Dec 30 by Dyland

His only real equivalent is Bishop, who we miss enormously imo.

What has me shaking my head is we could have two separate perfectly functioning starting four selections in midfield, with some perfectly decent players at this level, and yet we create fook all. Clearly Lambert is also shaking his head, but this is kind of his job ffs. Not like he's only just turned up is it.

Agree re Bishop but we have all but learned not to even consider him right now, even if he is actually fit. Likewise, Dobra does what no other fit Town midfielder can. That is why at least having him on the bench is a must for me. If you ask defensive players what they like, they will say either a team that simply plays infront of them without midfielders that break the lines or a team that lumps it up to strikers who can't deal with it. Conversely, to a man they all hate pace either getting in behind them or, as in Dobra's case, running at them with directness. Really is that simple.

bluescouser

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 15:53 - Dec 30 with 454 viewsGuthrum

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 15:13 - Dec 30 by cbower

Certainly I'm not blaming him for that defeat. He was beginning to make things happen after coming on.

It's just not much use if he gets himself sent off, tho. Has to learn not to react to wily and cunningly goading experienced League players.

Can't see that his beinf left out is meant as a punishment. More that he is adjudged not quite ready.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 16:04 - Dec 30 with 441 viewscbower

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 15:53 - Dec 30 by Guthrum

Certainly I'm not blaming him for that defeat. He was beginning to make things happen after coming on.

It's just not much use if he gets himself sent off, tho. Has to learn not to react to wily and cunningly goading experienced League players.

Can't see that his beinf left out is meant as a punishment. More that he is adjudged not quite ready.

He is a kid, agreed. He needs to learn, agreed. However, for me he can change the dynamics of the team with his direct style. I am not particularly advocating starting him but it would make sense to have a potential game changer on the bench. I think Lambert's reluctance to use his subs at times is because of his lack of such game changers. Gillingham being an obvious example where despite the scoreline and performance, the only change he made was to bring Sears on for 10 minutes.

bluescouser

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 16:16 - Dec 30 with 424 viewsJ4ck22

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:31 - Dec 30 by kizaitfc

So I cant criticise a manager for playing Edward's at RB rather than Cotter?

You can, but saying that Lambert doesn't play the youngsters is incredibly untrue.
Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 22:09 - Dec 30 with 381 viewsSwailsey

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 13:44 - Dec 30 by kizaitfc

Stable hahahahaha!

There was a huge reason attendances were closer to 10,000 than 15,000 towards the end of his tenure.

The club was not stable and that is why he had to go!

I dont think anyone can suggest that, Webster, Garnee, Waghorn and Mcgoldrick would not have left if Mick stayed.

Mick helped make the club stale not stable. Did Hurst worsen things of course but as I say Mick has a share in this and people that suggest otherwise are obviously just the "I told you so" "be careful what you wish for" brigade and quite frankly most people do not buy it.

You’re silly.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 22:16 - Dec 30 with 374 viewsjeera

This is just a thread for thread's sake.

Why even try the comparisons? Most of it doesn't tally.

"Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick". No, he isn't.

This is you looking for something to say.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 22:39 - Dec 30 with 361 viewsEireannach_gorm

Lambert is slowly morphing into Mick on 15:39 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

Given that it wasn't true of him here I'll also take it with a pinch of salt.

You are correct. Mick’s short term brief is to get the RoI to the Euro’s. Stephen Kenny has the job of bringing in the young players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024