Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Lambert has a 26% win record since arriving. 26%. (n/t) 22:30 - Jan 4 with 4824 viewsDinnernotTea

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Paul Lambert has a 26% win record since arriving. 26%. (n/t) on 18:36 - Jan 6 with 702 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Paul Lambert has a 26% win record since arriving. 26%. (n/t) on 22:10 - Jan 5 by DinnernotTea

Keeping biting away at it, Tel!

Chunks. No chunks. If you want chunks then tell me his last 3 months %? See, it gets silly. So a fair way to gauge if a football manager has done well in a 14 month period is to gauge his % from day 1. And as you know it's absolutely pathetic. 26% by the way.

I promise you, he doesn't know his arse from his elbow. Regardless whether he tickles your tummy in the media.

I agree you shoukd split the season. I covered that already did you hot read it? You're really struggling. We are in an awful spell, why would you ignore that? I wouldnt. I would absolutely look at this spell and its not good. Lambert needs to turn it around.I've covered it. The last 3 months is more relevent than your 26% actually. This is why you break down the data. As a whole this season has been OK but the current trend is concerning 100%

Lets agree to disagree but you've either not bothered to listen or havent been able to. I think the former to give you some credit. We're not getting anywhere and any reply is a bite and some sort of points for you.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Paul Lambert has a 26% win record since arriving. 26%. (n/t) on 18:43 - Jan 6 with 695 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Paul Lambert has a 26% win record since arriving. 26%. (n/t) on 22:07 - Jan 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

15 games to make up 1 point isn’t all but down though, is it?

Presumably those fans posted on Stokes messageboard as Nerry_Tutkins, Oxford_RedWhite and MrCity...

I just think what he inherited was a completelyill equiped squad for the task. Sears got injured, Keane did etc. Our position made us unnatractive to players.

As i said before it wasnt a free hit. Mick may have done more with more back to basic football (probo right approach) but that wasnt really an option with fans either. Was it possible to survive. Yes maybe. I dont think many could achieve it.

Paul Lambert has a 26% win record since arriving. 26%. (n/t) on 20:32 - Jan 6 with 653 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Paul Lambert has a 26% win record since arriving. 26%. (n/t) on 18:43 - Jan 6 by Terry_Nutkins

I just think what he inherited was a completelyill equiped squad for the task. Sears got injured, Keane did etc. Our position made us unnatractive to players.

As i said before it wasnt a free hit. Mick may have done more with more back to basic football (probo right approach) but that wasnt really an option with fans either. Was it possible to survive. Yes maybe. I dont think many could achieve it.

Sears only got injured in Feb by which point we had brought in 7 new players including 2 strikers. Keane can hardly be considered unfortunate given his history - his signing was always a risk on that front

And as for being unattractive, when Lambert was appointed towards the end of October we were just 4 points away from safety. Come 1st January it was 10 points - so poor results under Lambert absolutely played a part in that. And despite that money was still spent on the aforementioned 7 players with the likes of Quaner, Keane, Judge, Bree etc not coming cheap

I don’t disagree it was a difficult job, but the reality is that Lambert was brought in to try and keep us up, backed significantly to do so in January, and yet we completely failed to even put up a fight. P*ss poor, quite frankly

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Paul Lambert has a 26% win record since arriving. 26%. (n/t) on 20:37 - Jan 6 with 656 viewsPJH

Paul Lambert has a 26% win record since arriving. 26%. (n/t) on 20:32 - Jan 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Sears only got injured in Feb by which point we had brought in 7 new players including 2 strikers. Keane can hardly be considered unfortunate given his history - his signing was always a risk on that front

And as for being unattractive, when Lambert was appointed towards the end of October we were just 4 points away from safety. Come 1st January it was 10 points - so poor results under Lambert absolutely played a part in that. And despite that money was still spent on the aforementioned 7 players with the likes of Quaner, Keane, Judge, Bree etc not coming cheap

I don’t disagree it was a difficult job, but the reality is that Lambert was brought in to try and keep us up, backed significantly to do so in January, and yet we completely failed to even put up a fight. P*ss poor, quite frankly

Regarding your last paragraph it should be assumed that PL was brought in to try to keep us up but in retrospect I honestly do wonder.

For any team seriously trying to avoid relegation the only aim should be accumulation of points and there certainly should be no need to worry about just how they are accumulated.

If he had supposed to be trying to keep us up he did not go the right way about it and he quite obviously failed miserably.
Paul Lambert has a 26% win record since arriving. 26%. (n/t) on 20:45 - Jan 6 with 650 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Paul Lambert has a 26% win record since arriving. 26%. (n/t) on 20:32 - Jan 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

This doesn't really counter anything I said. Squad was abysmal and going one way. A bounce would have been nice but by the time he could improve us as you say we w ere 10 points back and massively unnatractive.

The writing was on the wall. People could see our best players ha d jumped ship. it's incredible when you look at the quality that left the door. McGoldrick, Waghorn, Garner, Webster etc. Just look what replaced it.
Roberts, Nsiala, Donacian, Jackson et c. Dear .oh dear.

This is just a case of a difference of opinion although as I have said it wasn't a free hit. I completely agree on that. It had to be given a good go. I hoped Lambert could do something. a couple of scraped wins could have got some momentum. Needed a lot of luck and he didn't get a fat lot. It was disappointing.

Paul Lambert has a 26% win record since arriving. 26%. (n/t) on 10:13 - Feb 2 with 557 viewsDinnernotTea

Paul Lambert has a 26% win record since arriving. 26%. (n/t) on 22:05 - Jan 5 by Terry_Nutkins

Chasing my own tail. I've explained to you clearly (as have others) why its common sense and logical to breakdown the win %. Obviously there was context with what he took over last season. I've also shown your comment about it being typical of him to be just factually wrong.

You've come back with just writing the % twice with no further argument because there isn't a logical one (oh the irony of you telling me i'm chasing my own tail).
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 22:06]

Now do you believe me he doesn't know his arse from his elbow?

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Paul Lambert has a 26% win record since arriving. 26%. (n/t) on 11:19 - Feb 2 with 524 viewsBlue_Moses

Paul Lambert has a 26% win record since arriving. 26%. (n/t) on 10:13 - Feb 2 by DinnernotTea

Now do you believe me he doesn't know his arse from his elbow?

He certainly didn't know how Peterborough play, pure pace upfront and brings in Skuse.
Paul Lambert has a 26% win record since arriving. 26%. (n/t) on 11:20 - Feb 2 with 521 viewsBluefish

Paul Lambert has a 26% win record since arriving. 26%. (n/t) on 22:31 - Jan 4 by J2BLUE

I don't see why people keep mentioning this. Last season was a free hit. This is the season to judge him and there's plenty to criticise without banging on about last season.

It wasnt a free hit ffs he had more than half a season. He is just dreadful

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Lambert has a 26% win record since arriving. 26%. (n/t) on 11:36 - Feb 2 with 511 viewsagentp

Paul Lambert has a 26% win record since arriving. 26%. (n/t) on 19:55 - Jan 5 by marchy

No, the Championship players in that post managed a 12th place finish when playing alongside Martyn Waghorn, Joe Garner, David McGoldrick and Bersant Celina, rather than when playing alongside Kayden Jackson, Ellis Harrison, Gwion Edwards and Jon Nolan. Any clearer?

But the likes of Waghorn were only likely to come here to work with the likes of MM. He soon scarpered when MM was leaving. 30% of what makes a manager is his appeal to the right kind of players. I don't see that PH had that at this level and I am not convinced that PL does either.

What I do see in PL is an arrogance akin to MM. At least MM told you how it was and all grown men could take it. PL is snide digs and sarcasm to the fans. I'd rather be told to Fck off TBH.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Paul Lambert has a 26% win record since arriving. 26%. (n/t) on 14:22 - Feb 2 with 466 viewsNo9

& MM's win rate was 37.6; PJ's win rate 34.1%; RK 34.6%; JM 37.8

None of them very good & not much to show they were in anyway successful
Paul Lambert has a 26% win record since arriving. 26%. (n/t) on 14:38 - Feb 2 with 452 viewshype313

Paul Lambert has a 26% win record since arriving. 26%. (n/t) on 14:22 - Feb 2 by No9

& MM's win rate was 37.6; PJ's win rate 34.1%; RK 34.6%; JM 37.8

None of them very good & not much to show they were in anyway successful

So de we just write them all off as bad managers and hope the next one (7th) is good, or start looking at the bigger picture.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024