Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bart not being sold til summer 13:55 - Jan 8 with 1313 viewskizaitfc

Feels like another huge error with our transfer business.

He will not play for ITFC again so why not force Millwall to pay up, there is no way they would have let us recall him for the sake of a £1m - £2m transfer fee.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Bart not being sold til summer on 14:02 - Jan 8 with 1257 viewsMrTown

The flip side of the argument;

He returns, nobody comes in for him and we have a player that we are paying 12k a week who wants away in League 1.

That is over a quarter of a million on wages for a keeper who wants to move on.

The ideal situation is he comes back in the summer after a good season, we are back in the Championship and can hold all cards again, becuase there would be a lesser need to sell.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Bart not being sold til summer on 14:02 - Jan 8 with 1254 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Awful business IMO.

Should've cashed in. If he gets an injury or hits a bad run then Millwall have Frankie Fielding back who is a good keeper and could get in and stay in.

Cash in whilst the price is high.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Bart not being sold til summer on 14:17 - Jan 8 with 1171 viewskizaitfc

Bart not being sold til summer on 14:02 - Jan 8 by MrTown

The flip side of the argument;

He returns, nobody comes in for him and we have a player that we are paying 12k a week who wants away in League 1.

That is over a quarter of a million on wages for a keeper who wants to move on.

The ideal situation is he comes back in the summer after a good season, we are back in the Championship and can hold all cards again, becuase there would be a lesser need to sell.

We wouldn't have had to recall him. He is currently one of Millwalls best players this season, there is no way they would have allowed us to recall him and sell him to one of their rivals.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Bart not being sold til summer on 14:37 - Jan 8 with 1082 viewsParsley

What if we just recalled him and played him? He's back on form, seemingly enjoyed his time at the club before, and if he helps us get promoted that would be worth more than £1m. He's on a long contract so providing he can maintain his performances his value should hold until the summer if we don't go up.

EDIT: sorry just seen the story saying he can't be recalled
[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 14:39]
Bart not being sold til summer on 14:55 - Jan 8 with 1034 viewsMrTown

Bart not being sold til summer on 14:17 - Jan 8 by kizaitfc

We wouldn't have had to recall him. He is currently one of Millwalls best players this season, there is no way they would have allowed us to recall him and sell him to one of their rivals.

According to who....

I'm sorry but you're incredibly naive to think these kind of conversations wouldn't have taken place between Town and Millwall prior to this decision.

Bart not being sold til summer on 15:01 - Jan 8 with 1015 viewskizaitfc

Bart not being sold til summer on 14:55 - Jan 8 by MrTown

According to who....

I'm sorry but you're incredibly naive to think these kind of conversations wouldn't have taken place between Town and Millwall prior to this decision.

So you think Millwall currently 7th in the Championship would have lost one of their key players for the sake of £1m - £2m.

Only Ipswich would be so stupid to do that!

The form Bart is in we would have had no problem selling him to another Championship club. You only have to search his name on Twitter to see Millwall fans blowing their load over his saves.

Bart not being sold til summer on 15:03 - Jan 8 with 1002 viewsHerbivore

If we've had no concrete interest in buying him then we can't run the risk of recalling him and having him on our books as our highest earner. That would be madness.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bart not being sold til summer on 15:05 - Jan 8 with 993 viewskizaitfc

Bart not being sold til summer on 15:03 - Jan 8 by Herbivore

If we've had no concrete interest in buying him then we can't run the risk of recalling him and having him on our books as our highest earner. That would be madness.

My point is at no point would we have had to recall him.

The best decision would have been to allow Millwall to buy him, with the threat if they didnt we would recall him. Boris Johnson October Brexit dead in a ditch style!

Login to get fewer ads

Bart not being sold til summer on 15:08 - Jan 8 with 978 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bart not being sold til summer on 15:01 - Jan 8 by kizaitfc

So you think Millwall currently 7th in the Championship would have lost one of their key players for the sake of £1m - £2m.

Only Ipswich would be so stupid to do that!

The form Bart is in we would have had no problem selling him to another Championship club. You only have to search his name on Twitter to see Millwall fans blowing their load over his saves.

Millwall’s transfer record is £1.5m. Not a chance they’re going to just casually blow £1-2m on a keeper in the manner you suggest

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Bart not being sold til summer on 15:11 - Jan 8 with 968 viewskizaitfc

Bart not being sold til summer on 15:08 - Jan 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Millwall’s transfer record is £1.5m. Not a chance they’re going to just casually blow £1-2m on a keeper in the manner you suggest

Erm they offered £900k in the summer before they saw how good he was.

If they aren't going to pay that price what is the bloody point him being there, we have a £1m+ goalkeeper just sat out on loan, yes saving us wages but we should be looking to sell him and cash in

Bart not being sold til summer on 15:20 - Jan 8 with 939 viewsMrTown

Bart not being sold til summer on 15:11 - Jan 8 by kizaitfc

If they aren't going to pay that price what is the bloody point him being there, we have a £1m+ goalkeeper just sat out on loan, yes saving us wages but we should be looking to sell him and cash in

We would be in a far more stable position to do so in the summer, far less financial risk to keep him of the wageroll until the summer.

Makes sense to myself.

Bart not being sold til summer on 15:23 - Jan 8 with 925 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bart not being sold til summer on 15:11 - Jan 8 by kizaitfc

Yes but that transfer collapsed in June - since then they signed 5 further players including 2 at a significant fee for them. Highly unlikely they’re going to be able to just throw cash at us on a whim - especially when said cash would be in the region of their record, for a 32 year old goalkeeper
[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 15:24]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Bart not being sold til summer on 15:29 - Jan 8 with 894 viewsParky

Bart not being sold til summer on 15:20 - Jan 8 by MrTown

We would be in a far more stable position to do so in the summer, far less financial risk to keep him of the wageroll until the summer.

Makes sense to myself.

Think the problem here, is that we don't know the in's and out's of the loan deal.

Personally, I don't really see much risk in selling him now. - As we know, prices are massively inflated in January; there is / would be clear interest in him at the moment. The situation may be that we simply can't sell him at the moment.

There is the risk of course that we don't go up this season, therefore will need the cash more than ever in the Summer. - Flip side, we get promoted; he's still on our books and in-demand, so we can sell then.
Bart not being sold til summer on 16:04 - Jan 8 with 852 viewsHerbivore

Bart not being sold til summer on 15:05 - Jan 8 by kizaitfc

My point is at no point would we have had to recall him.

The best decision would have been to allow Millwall to buy him, with the threat if they didnt we would recall him. Boris Johnson October Brexit dead in a ditch style!

We'd have to recall him to sell him. Millwall could easily call our bluff if we threatened to recall him. I'm not sure you're living in the real world on this one.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bart not being sold til summer on 16:07 - Jan 8 with 841 viewsMrTown

Bart not being sold til summer on 15:29 - Jan 8 by Parky

Think the problem here, is that we don't know the in's and out's of the loan deal.

Personally, I don't really see much risk in selling him now. - As we know, prices are massively inflated in January; there is / would be clear interest in him at the moment. The situation may be that we simply can't sell him at the moment.

There is the risk of course that we don't go up this season, therefore will need the cash more than ever in the Summer. - Flip side, we get promoted; he's still on our books and in-demand, so we can sell then.

I understand the desire to sell, I do.

However I would suspect recalling and not selling was a financial gamble that ME wasn't prepared to make now with the lack of income in League 1 and the size of Barts wage.

Bart not being sold til summer on 16:21 - Jan 8 with 808 viewsBigManBlue

People will moan either way. If we don't go up, then he probably goes for peanuts in the summer. If we sell now and go up, we could have got more if we'd held on... etc etc. Without knowing the ins and outs of the loan arrangement seems like one that's just worth trusting the club on.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Bart not being sold til summer on 16:45 - Jan 8 with 771 viewsElderGrizzly

Bart not being sold til summer on 16:07 - Jan 8 by MrTown

I understand the desire to sell, I do.

However I would suspect recalling and not selling was a financial gamble that ME wasn't prepared to make now with the lack of income in League 1 and the size of Barts wage.

A wage that is 70% or so lower in L1, so not the near £18k we were paying last season.

He wouldn’t want to come back and take a pay cut.

If he has a good season we’ll get more in the summer anyway, as i’m sure the memory of his poor form in last 18 months here is still fresh in many clubs minds

This way Millwall still pay his wages and keep him in the shop window
Bart not being sold til summer on 16:51 - Jan 8 with 757 viewsWickets

Bart not being sold til summer on 14:02 - Jan 8 by TRUE_BLUE123

Awful business IMO.

Should've cashed in. If he gets an injury or hits a bad run then Millwall have Frankie Fielding back who is a good keeper and could get in and stay in.

Cash in whilst the price is high.

Maybe but you can only sell what someone else wants to buy . We just dont know what has gone on , if an error has been made it is in the return clause running out just 1 week into the transfer window but as we were keen to get his wages off the books !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024