Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the wheels falling off already 10:56 - Jan 14 with 9881 viewsHARRY10

"He refused to rule out the UK and the EU failing to reach a trade deal by the end of this year."

Still, at least he has sorted out social care

"Johnson was unable to explain to Walker why he was taking so long to publish his plan when he claimed in July last year, on the day be became PM, to already had a plan. In his first speech from No 10 Johnson said: “I am announcing now — on the steps of Downing Street — that we will fix the crisis in social care once and for all with a clear plan we have prepared to give every older person the dignity and security they deserve.”

and any changes would not come into effect until 2025 at the earliest - so there was not 'a plan' last July, just as there is no plan for any trade deal outside of the EU, just waffle, bluster and lies.
the wheels falling off already on 23:20 - Jan 20 with 605 viewsChurchman

the wheels falling off already on 23:08 - Jan 20 by HARRY10

Yet more darstardly deeds from 'johnny foreigner' as Mr Bori's plan to start trade talks with the EU on 1st Feb will not happen. In fact March is the earliest those fiendish foreigners now say they will be ready by.

But fear not even if "The fastest major trade pact the EU ever concluded was with South Korea, reached in 2009 after two-and-a-half years of negotiation. It came into force nearly two years after that. " Mr Boris will sort it out, as he did with the garden bridge, the failed routemaster buses, the ski lift across the Thames and the much used water cannon.

After all does he not have assembled the best trade negotiators the UK can assemble ?

Well no, actually. As what few we have will be going cap in hand to the US, India, Japan, China, Brazil etc hoping they will say that now the UK does not have the financial clout of the EIU behind it they can all offer far better deals than the ones the UK currently trades under care of the EU.

Odd how it took the combined negotiating skill of 28 countries seven years to negotiate a trade deal with Japan, yet here we have the 'not too bright' believing that one country (UK) can negotiate better deals with 70 different countries in a matter of months.

That's an awful number of skilled negotiators to find - and an awful lot of goodwill to hope for from the bigger countries who may well see a country of less than 1% of the world's population as an easy target.

You would be well advised to hoard as much tinned and dried food as you can - it'll be worth a fortune in a year or so's time

Thank you for such a rounded, well informed view of Brexit. I take it you will be counting your hoarded tins of beans on 31st January rather than celebrating then.
not Only is he and his cabinet refusing to be interviewed by any serious journal on 23:30 - Jan 20 with 593 viewsunstableblue

He’s gunning for the BBC as he think they’re biased

Which is a bit like US channels holding Trump account being called fake news!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

the wheels falling off already on 10:50 - Jan 21 with 547 viewsHARRY10

the wheels falling off already on 23:20 - Jan 20 by Churchman

Thank you for such a rounded, well informed view of Brexit. I take it you will be counting your hoarded tins of beans on 31st January rather than celebrating then.

thanks for reading my post - not everyone does
the wheels falling off already on 10:50 - Feb 3 with 433 viewsHARRY10

the wheels falling off already on 10:50 - Jan 21 by HARRY10

thanks for reading my post - not everyone does

Apparently the UK does not now need a deal with the EU.

"were Starmer stated that if he were PM he would ignore the referendum vote and allow free movement of people from the EU? "

That is taking absurdity to another level .... even for brexit

A trading bloc that takes almost half of the UK's exports does not need a deal ! So it will be WTO tariffs, customs checks and no access to the Single Market.

But fear not, if you think this stupidity cannot rise to new heights, there will be a deal called an Australian deal....an Idea rather flawed in that the UK does not have an FTA with Australia.
the wheels falling off already on 11:08 - Feb 3 with 409 viewsThe_Last_Baron

the wheels falling off already on 10:50 - Feb 3 by HARRY10

Apparently the UK does not now need a deal with the EU.

"were Starmer stated that if he were PM he would ignore the referendum vote and allow free movement of people from the EU? "

That is taking absurdity to another level .... even for brexit

A trading bloc that takes almost half of the UK's exports does not need a deal ! So it will be WTO tariffs, customs checks and no access to the Single Market.

But fear not, if you think this stupidity cannot rise to new heights, there will be a deal called an Australian deal....an Idea rather flawed in that the UK does not have an FTA with Australia.

Cheer up Harry, it's Monday.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

the wheels falling off already on 11:16 - Feb 3 with 405 viewsHARRY10

the wheels falling off already on 11:08 - Feb 3 by The_Last_Baron

Cheer up Harry, it's Monday.

I'm exceedingly happy, hence the post

I think the Germans refer to it as Schadenfreude, or in English laughing at cretinous brexiteers as it continues to fall apart
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 11:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024