Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the wheels falling off already 10:56 - Jan 14 with 9871 viewsHARRY10

"He refused to rule out the UK and the EU failing to reach a trade deal by the end of this year."

Still, at least he has sorted out social care

"Johnson was unable to explain to Walker why he was taking so long to publish his plan when he claimed in July last year, on the day be became PM, to already had a plan. In his first speech from No 10 Johnson said: “I am announcing now — on the steps of Downing Street — that we will fix the crisis in social care once and for all with a clear plan we have prepared to give every older person the dignity and security they deserve.”

and any changes would not come into effect until 2025 at the earliest - so there was not 'a plan' last July, just as there is no plan for any trade deal outside of the EU, just waffle, bluster and lies.
the wheels falling off already on 19:57 - Jan 14 with 3439 viewsThe_Last_Baron

the wheels falling off already on 17:13 - Jan 14 by hampstead_blue

Was the plan not to have a cross party working party dealing with it?

I can't recall exactly what was said from the election but I think I heard that was a policy. Am I wrong?

Surely a cross party approach is the best way. I've posted about this earlier. If it's correct then was else do you want? You've got a place in the tent. What else would you like?

I'm afraid that won't be possible sir.

You see the losers lost the election and therefore will have to sit out the negotiations.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

the wheels falling off already on 20:09 - Jan 14 with 3419 viewsHARRY10

the wheels falling off already on 19:43 - Jan 14 by ghostofescobar

But the wheels were made of hot air and waffle, so they were never likely to last long.

Mr Johnson repeated his claim just on Monday, telling a press conference: “Be in no doubt. We are the government of the United Kingdom. I cannot see any circumstances whatever in which they will be any need for checks on goods going from Northern Ireland to GB. "

yet

"The government’s own internal analysis, leaked during the general election campaign, said there would be checks on goods in both directions between the two parts of the UK.

It also said there would be a devastating impact on the Northern Irish economy and claimed 98 per cent of Northern Ireland export businesses would be “likely to struggle to bear this cost” of customs declarations and documentary and physical checks on goods within the UK."

so, a fool or a knave - either way it does not bode well for the thickos who still think they are going to have their cake and eat it, nor for the rest of us who are going to have to clear up this mess
the wheels falling off already on 20:45 - Jan 14 with 3400 viewsSwansea_Blue

the wheels falling off already on 20:09 - Jan 14 by HARRY10

Mr Johnson repeated his claim just on Monday, telling a press conference: “Be in no doubt. We are the government of the United Kingdom. I cannot see any circumstances whatever in which they will be any need for checks on goods going from Northern Ireland to GB. "

yet

"The government’s own internal analysis, leaked during the general election campaign, said there would be checks on goods in both directions between the two parts of the UK.

It also said there would be a devastating impact on the Northern Irish economy and claimed 98 per cent of Northern Ireland export businesses would be “likely to struggle to bear this cost” of customs declarations and documentary and physical checks on goods within the UK."

so, a fool or a knave - either way it does not bode well for the thickos who still think they are going to have their cake and eat it, nor for the rest of us who are going to have to clear up this mess

He must know he's talking bollacks. It'll be interesting to see how and at what point that circle gets properly squared. I suspect that it will involve a good deal of blaming the ''inflexible' EU, depsite every one who's anyone in trade pointing out the inevitable already.

He still seems to be in campaign mode.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

the wheels falling off already on 21:12 - Jan 14 with 3381 viewsHARRY10

the wheels falling off already on 20:45 - Jan 14 by Swansea_Blue

He must know he's talking bollacks. It'll be interesting to see how and at what point that circle gets properly squared. I suspect that it will involve a good deal of blaming the ''inflexible' EU, depsite every one who's anyone in trade pointing out the inevitable already.

He still seems to be in campaign mode.

I don't think he knows the difference, as one of the constant complaints about Johnson is just how badly briefed he is. Something that dogged both his first time as MP and the second as London mayor. It means that he will try to wing it by saying whatever he thinks at that moment which will best serve his cause..... hence the amount of lies that flow from his lips.

A backbencher like Mark Francois spouting sheite is one thing but having a PM who clearly has not a clue is another. And Johnson is that clueless, if only that he imagines his words are forgotten by others as quickly as they are by him.

His time as Foreign Secretary should have flagged up his incompetence. A man described as the worst Foreign Secretary on record, who stumbled from one gaffe to another till May finally put him (and the rest of us) out of his misery.

There wasn't, and still isn't, a social care plan, just as this Big Ben nonsense is just more of his empty headed waffle. Brexit is not 'getting done' as all we have is the stark reality of being dumb enough to believe an habitual liar.

Seeing it all fall apart so quick I am reminded of when someone thought it was a good idea to make Gazza the manager of Kettering.
the wheels falling off already on 09:22 - Jan 15 with 3308 viewsbluebud

the wheels falling off already on 13:10 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

Stalking is weird. Normal people don't stalk other people. You might want to reflect on that.

Hehe, no, I'm not stalking you,only a small minority of your post I react to....the really delusional ones or the ones where you can't reign in your snobbery.

I'm just holding you to account :-) but you just run away and call me names or say I'm stalking you...I only have 600 odd posts, you have thousands I'm sure and I'm not allowed to respond when I come across your posts.

Why?
the wheels falling off already on 09:24 - Jan 15 with 3305 viewsHerbivore

the wheels falling off already on 09:22 - Jan 15 by bluebud

Hehe, no, I'm not stalking you,only a small minority of your post I react to....the really delusional ones or the ones where you can't reign in your snobbery.

I'm just holding you to account :-) but you just run away and call me names or say I'm stalking you...I only have 600 odd posts, you have thousands I'm sure and I'm not allowed to respond when I come across your posts.

Why?

You only ever post in response to me. I think you might be in love with me and frankly if this nonsense continues I'll be reporting you to the authorities.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

the wheels falling off already on 10:41 - Jan 15 with 3272 viewsbluebud

the wheels falling off already on 09:24 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

You only ever post in response to me. I think you might be in love with me and frankly if this nonsense continues I'll be reporting you to the authorities.

Not true at all......a very small percentage - just check, It's easy enough to do. You think that's true but you have to look at the facts, I know that will get in the way of you playing the victim but Hey, you're good at it, you'll find another way.

I can assure and reassure you I'm not in love with you - I have no idea who you are. You know, now I think about it I have no idea of your gender so honestly - relax.

Report what you like.....anyone who looks, including you Will see I have nothing to hide.

So, once again, just look at my account.....no where near is it true I only ever respond to you.....not true.....its all in your head.

You've called me thick, ignorant, dim, stupid....that you were Barcelona and I was Needham Market, a stalker, obsessed and now presumably homosexual.

I've never called you anything personally - I've questioned you on some of your opinions - that's it.

It's always you who had a problem with me - you've just tried to spin it the other way round.
the wheels falling off already on 10:48 - Jan 15 with 3263 viewsHerbivore

the wheels falling off already on 10:41 - Jan 15 by bluebud

Not true at all......a very small percentage - just check, It's easy enough to do. You think that's true but you have to look at the facts, I know that will get in the way of you playing the victim but Hey, you're good at it, you'll find another way.

I can assure and reassure you I'm not in love with you - I have no idea who you are. You know, now I think about it I have no idea of your gender so honestly - relax.

Report what you like.....anyone who looks, including you Will see I have nothing to hide.

So, once again, just look at my account.....no where near is it true I only ever respond to you.....not true.....its all in your head.

You've called me thick, ignorant, dim, stupid....that you were Barcelona and I was Needham Market, a stalker, obsessed and now presumably homosexual.

I've never called you anything personally - I've questioned you on some of your opinions - that's it.

It's always you who had a problem with me - you've just tried to spin it the other way round.

Keep up the stalking bud, it doesn't look at all weird.

Login to get fewer ads

the wheels falling off already on 11:25 - Jan 15 with 3241 viewsbluebud

the wheels falling off already on 10:48 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

Keep up the stalking bud, it doesn't look at all weird.

Lol

...when faced with someone you think you can bully you're all over them.

You've not even defended yourself against my opinion about you or any question I've asked of your opinion or stance.

Like most bullies you're covering up your cowardice with a bit of victimhood now.
the wheels falling off already on 11:28 - Jan 15 with 3240 viewsHerbivore

the wheels falling off already on 11:25 - Jan 15 by bluebud

Lol

...when faced with someone you think you can bully you're all over them.

You've not even defended yourself against my opinion about you or any question I've asked of your opinion or stance.

Like most bullies you're covering up your cowardice with a bit of victimhood now.

I don't owe you an in depth response. I'm not claiming victimhood at all, you don't have anything in your locker to make me a victim. I just think you're a weirdo to be honest, but if you take something from all of this then good for you.

the wheels falling off already on 12:44 - Jan 15 with 3216 viewsbluebud

the wheels falling off already on 11:28 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

I don't owe you an in depth response. I'm not claiming victimhood at all, you don't have anything in your locker to make me a victim. I just think you're a weirdo to be honest, but if you take something from all of this then good for you.

I know you think I'm a "weirdo" as well as everything else you've called me. That's one of my points thank you.....

You revert to calling people names all the time....or try and exhibit superiority over them.

For example "you don't have anything in your locker to make me a victim" :-) Even though a couple of posts ago you called me a stalker for the umpteenth time and threatened to report me.

I criticised your self-awareness earlier correctly.
the wheels falling off already on 12:48 - Jan 15 with 3213 viewsHerbivore

the wheels falling off already on 12:44 - Jan 15 by bluebud

I know you think I'm a "weirdo" as well as everything else you've called me. That's one of my points thank you.....

You revert to calling people names all the time....or try and exhibit superiority over them.

For example "you don't have anything in your locker to make me a victim" :-) Even though a couple of posts ago you called me a stalker for the umpteenth time and threatened to report me.

I criticised your self-awareness earlier correctly.

You thought I was serious about reporting you? Oh dear. You are a stalker though. It's weird. Reflect on that.

the wheels falling off already on 13:17 - Jan 15 with 3192 viewsSwansea_Blue

the wheels falling off already on 21:12 - Jan 14 by HARRY10

I don't think he knows the difference, as one of the constant complaints about Johnson is just how badly briefed he is. Something that dogged both his first time as MP and the second as London mayor. It means that he will try to wing it by saying whatever he thinks at that moment which will best serve his cause..... hence the amount of lies that flow from his lips.

A backbencher like Mark Francois spouting sheite is one thing but having a PM who clearly has not a clue is another. And Johnson is that clueless, if only that he imagines his words are forgotten by others as quickly as they are by him.

His time as Foreign Secretary should have flagged up his incompetence. A man described as the worst Foreign Secretary on record, who stumbled from one gaffe to another till May finally put him (and the rest of us) out of his misery.

There wasn't, and still isn't, a social care plan, just as this Big Ben nonsense is just more of his empty headed waffle. Brexit is not 'getting done' as all we have is the stark reality of being dumb enough to believe an habitual liar.

Seeing it all fall apart so quick I am reminded of when someone thought it was a good idea to make Gazza the manager of Kettering.

Surely someone's challenging him though, so he at least questions the guff he's spouting. Like the "record" NHS investment he's been lying about for the last week. He must know this is rubbish. I'm sure he knows anbd just doesn't care as he's still in full on campaing mode - much like Trump is all the time.

(And just for the record, £350m per week for the NHS would be £18.2m per year or £91m over the 5 years, so more than 3x what's being committed. Just to reinforce how disingeneous that claim was - as was pointed out repeartedly at the time).
[Post edited 15 Jan 2020 13:22]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

the wheels falling off already on 13:38 - Jan 15 with 3170 viewsHerbivore

the wheels falling off already on 13:17 - Jan 15 by Swansea_Blue

Surely someone's challenging him though, so he at least questions the guff he's spouting. Like the "record" NHS investment he's been lying about for the last week. He must know this is rubbish. I'm sure he knows anbd just doesn't care as he's still in full on campaing mode - much like Trump is all the time.

(And just for the record, £350m per week for the NHS would be £18.2m per year or £91m over the 5 years, so more than 3x what's being committed. Just to reinforce how disingeneous that claim was - as was pointed out repeartedly at the time).
[Post edited 15 Jan 2020 13:22]

We've already spent all the money - and more - we're saving by leaving the EU on..... * checks notes *..... leaving the EU.

the wheels falling off already on 22:11 - Jan 15 with 2908 viewsbazgammon

the wheels falling off already on 13:41 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

All these morons care about is 'winning', they don't care about what happens thereafter. As far as they're concerned they've won so that's it, game over, any complaint is trying to overturn the result. It's very odd.

blub, blub, everyone who voted for Johnson is 'racist' or a 'phobe'. yawn....

Poll: Lambert

the wheels falling off already on 22:15 - Jan 15 with 2900 viewsvapour_trail

the wheels falling off already on 22:11 - Jan 15 by bazgammon

You’re my new favourite poster.

Welcome back.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

the wheels falling off already on 22:22 - Jan 15 with 2888 viewsHerbivore

the wheels falling off already on 22:11 - Jan 15 by bazgammon

So in one post you've blubbed, accused the people of Uxbridge of being racists, then bored yourself to the point of nearly nodding off. Top work, gammon. Top work.

the wheels falling off already on 21:39 - Jan 16 with 2764 viewsHARRY10

the wheels falling off already on 22:22 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

So in one post you've blubbed, accused the people of Uxbridge of being racists, then bored yourself to the point of nearly nodding off. Top work, gammon. Top work.

"The EU’s trade boss has warned the UK that a full Brexit trade deal by the end of the year is “just not possible”.

Phil Hogan, Ireland’s EU commissioner, said he was “certainly” not going to be able to meet Boris Johnson’s ambition of having a comprehensive agreement in place by 31 December."

But wasn't this what the gormless were assured would happen. 'get brexit done' they bleated, as if that slogan had been painted on the side of a barn wall.

"In 2017, Mr Fox said that the UK could "replicate the 40 free trade agreements before we leave the EU", so that there would be no disruption to trade. "

Note the word 'could' not will. As all this puff is so quickly falling apart as countries sit like jackals waiting to rip the UK apart once it no longer part of one of the biggest trading blocs in the world.

Japan took seven years to agree a deal with the UK - brexit numpties think they will offer the UK a BETTER deal in seven days.

If so much has fallen apart so quickly then it is a certainty that the rest will collapse just as quick.
the wheels falling off already on 20:03 - Jan 19 with 2646 viewsHARRY10

the wheels falling off already on 21:39 - Jan 16 by HARRY10

"The EU’s trade boss has warned the UK that a full Brexit trade deal by the end of the year is “just not possible”.

Phil Hogan, Ireland’s EU commissioner, said he was “certainly” not going to be able to meet Boris Johnson’s ambition of having a comprehensive agreement in place by 31 December."

But wasn't this what the gormless were assured would happen. 'get brexit done' they bleated, as if that slogan had been painted on the side of a barn wall.

"In 2017, Mr Fox said that the UK could "replicate the 40 free trade agreements before we leave the EU", so that there would be no disruption to trade. "

Note the word 'could' not will. As all this puff is so quickly falling apart as countries sit like jackals waiting to rip the UK apart once it no longer part of one of the biggest trading blocs in the world.

Japan took seven years to agree a deal with the UK - brexit numpties think they will offer the UK a BETTER deal in seven days.

If so much has fallen apart so quickly then it is a certainty that the rest will collapse just as quick.

"Meanwhile, ministers have reportedly kick-started no-deal planning once more amid fears trade talks with Brussels could collapse.

Whitehall’s EU Exit Operations committee, which is chaired by Michael Gove, met on Thursday to discuss preparations for a no deal at the end of the year"

That didn't take long. Those naughty EU folk don't appear to understand Mr Boris's claim about getting it done, so it nowseems he has blinked first.

An insight into the sheer stupidity of brexit can be seen below with regard to a UK/China trade deal, whereby the US will dictate much of the terms the UK agree there, as the UK struggles to get near the deal it currently has via the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/19/brexit-uk-trade-deal-china
the wheels falling off already on 20:37 - Jan 19 with 2620 viewsChurchman

the wheels falling off already on 20:03 - Jan 19 by HARRY10

"Meanwhile, ministers have reportedly kick-started no-deal planning once more amid fears trade talks with Brussels could collapse.

Whitehall’s EU Exit Operations committee, which is chaired by Michael Gove, met on Thursday to discuss preparations for a no deal at the end of the year"

That didn't take long. Those naughty EU folk don't appear to understand Mr Boris's claim about getting it done, so it nowseems he has blinked first.

An insight into the sheer stupidity of brexit can be seen below with regard to a UK/China trade deal, whereby the US will dictate much of the terms the UK agree there, as the UK struggles to get near the deal it currently has via the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/19/brexit-uk-trade-deal-china

Given you keep posting on this, I’m guessing you are not a fan of Brexit and Boris Johnson then?
the wheels falling off already on 21:20 - Jan 19 with 2601 viewsbluejacko

the wheels falling off already on 20:37 - Jan 19 by Churchman

Given you keep posting on this, I’m guessing you are not a fan of Brexit and Boris Johnson then?

There are the mafia on here of half a dozen posters that know all and won’t hear anything else but their own opinion! It’s a pity they were not standing in the election because with them in charge everything would be done and dusted. Then they could put all the numbskulls, morons etc in our place.
the wheels falling off already on 22:22 - Jan 19 with 2576 viewsDarth_Koont

the wheels falling off already on 21:20 - Jan 19 by bluejacko

There are the mafia on here of half a dozen posters that know all and won’t hear anything else but their own opinion! It’s a pity they were not standing in the election because with them in charge everything would be done and dusted. Then they could put all the numbskulls, morons etc in our place.

You put yourself in that place. The fantasy land of wanting Brexit but never explaining in the slightest why it's actually a good idea.

I know, I know. Get Brexit done, people's will, something about sovereignty etc.

Pronouns: He/Him

the wheels falling off already on 22:30 - Jan 19 with 2563 viewsjeera

the wheels falling off already on 21:20 - Jan 19 by bluejacko

It must seem ridiculous to you then that some people feel there is a real responsibility to try to do the right thing based on all available information; people who like to consider consequences, rather than just pander to some jingoistic, faux patriotic nonsense.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

the wheels falling off already on 06:45 - Jan 20 with 2517 viewsHARRY10

the wheels falling off already on 20:37 - Jan 19 by Churchman

More a fan of truth and honesty - which would suggest you are right.

In that light it does no harm to have it pointed out how current events are proving that neither of the above were present, or still are, when Johnson or brexit are portrayed by certain folk...media, politicians etc

And, that so much of what was 'promised' is falling away so quickly deserves to be noted. It's almost as if Johnson and others knew what they were peddling was little more than bare faced lies, which would have to be addressed sooner rather than later.

And who knows the realisation they've been had might just wake up some brexiteers - though I doubt it. Stupidity is not that easily 'cured'.
the wheels falling off already on 23:08 - Jan 20 with 2461 viewsHARRY10

the wheels falling off already on 06:45 - Jan 20 by HARRY10

More a fan of truth and honesty - which would suggest you are right.

In that light it does no harm to have it pointed out how current events are proving that neither of the above were present, or still are, when Johnson or brexit are portrayed by certain folk...media, politicians etc

And, that so much of what was 'promised' is falling away so quickly deserves to be noted. It's almost as if Johnson and others knew what they were peddling was little more than bare faced lies, which would have to be addressed sooner rather than later.

And who knows the realisation they've been had might just wake up some brexiteers - though I doubt it. Stupidity is not that easily 'cured'.

Yet more darstardly deeds from 'johnny foreigner' as Mr Bori's plan to start trade talks with the EU on 1st Feb will not happen. In fact March is the earliest those fiendish foreigners now say they will be ready by.

But fear not even if "The fastest major trade pact the EU ever concluded was with South Korea, reached in 2009 after two-and-a-half years of negotiation. It came into force nearly two years after that. " Mr Boris will sort it out, as he did with the garden bridge, the failed routemaster buses, the ski lift across the Thames and the much used water cannon.

After all does he not have assembled the best trade negotiators the UK can assemble ?

Well no, actually. As what few we have will be going cap in hand to the US, India, Japan, China, Brazil etc hoping they will say that now the UK does not have the financial clout of the EIU behind it they can all offer far better deals than the ones the UK currently trades under care of the EU.

Odd how it took the combined negotiating skill of 28 countries seven years to negotiate a trade deal with Japan, yet here we have the 'not too bright' believing that one country (UK) can negotiate better deals with 70 different countries in a matter of months.

That's an awful number of skilled negotiators to find - and an awful lot of goodwill to hope for from the bigger countries who may well see a country of less than 1% of the world's population as an easy target.

You would be well advised to hoard as much tinned and dried food as you can - it'll be worth a fortune in a year or so's time
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024