Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PRP on the radio 18:37 - Jan 25 with 3442 viewsBLUEBEAT

Loved how he commented about the critics implying they know nothing but most of the criticism related to squad rotation policy which stopped at time the time results improved.

Terrible sentence and prose in general, but you get the gist.

Poll: W or W

PRP on the radio on 18:38 - Jan 25 with 3409 viewsreusersfreekicks

PRP ffs give it a rest
PRP on the radio on 18:56 - Jan 25 with 3333 viewsBLUEBEAT

PRP on the radio on 18:38 - Jan 25 by reusersfreekicks

PRP ffs give it a rest

prp

PRP on the radio on 19:12 - Jan 25 with 3247 viewsGeoffSentence

PRP on the radio on 18:56 - Jan 25 by BLUEBEAT

prp

I can't belive you have succumbed to Fisher's rather unsubtle marketing push.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

PRP on the radio on 19:25 - Jan 25 with 3209 viewsBLUEBEAT

PRP on the radio on 19:12 - Jan 25 by GeoffSentence

sorry

I don’t think *P* has mentioned his time in Germany for the last 2 pressers, to be fair...

PRP on the radio on 08:26 - Jan 26 with 2890 viewsMillsey

He’s right most of you should stick to your day jobs
PRP on the radio on 08:37 - Jan 26 with 2856 viewscharlie1

Yep. It seems that the collective tactical acumen of his critics has caused him to rethink his approach and bow to their greater knowledge.

I don’t know why we need a manager.
PRP on the radio on 09:15 - Jan 26 with 2770 viewsHerbivore

He should show a bit more humility. When your captain and your boss have to remind you about the basics of your job in order for you to stop cocking it up the odds are you're not a footballing genius. Fair play to him for listening and finally doing what any capable manager ought to be doing, but sniping at those who could see he was ballsing it right up isn't all that helpful.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

PRP on the radio on 10:29 - Jan 26 with 2670 viewsNthQldITFC

PRP on the radio on 19:12 - Jan 25 by GeoffSentence

Just a fart from a tight hole, I think.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

PRP on the radio on 10:47 - Jan 26 with 2626 viewssundaze

PRP on the radio on 09:15 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

He should show a bit more humility. When your captain and your boss have to remind you about the basics of your job in order for you to stop cocking it up the odds are you're not a footballing genius. Fair play to him for listening and finally doing what any capable manager ought to be doing, but sniping at those who could see he was ballsing it right up isn't all that helpful.

"humility" not a word you could associate with any of our last five managers.
PRP on the radio on 10:52 - Jan 26 with 2615 viewsHullblue

Did this meeting actually happen? I keep seeing people mention it but I never saw where it came from. Seems like the kind of thing the club would keep under wraps if it did occur.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

PRP on the radio on 10:58 - Jan 26 with 2594 viewssundaze

PRP on the radio on 10:52 - Jan 26 by Hullblue

Did this meeting actually happen? I keep seeing people mention it but I never saw where it came from. Seems like the kind of thing the club would keep under wraps if it did occur.

I'm guessing no. Evans gives Lambert a new long term contract, but then tells him that he isn't doing his job properly.
It will be interesting to hear from Phil on this.
PRP on the radio on 11:04 - Jan 26 with 2578 viewsHullblue

PRP on the radio on 10:58 - Jan 26 by sundaze

I'm guessing no. Evans gives Lambert a new long term contract, but then tells him that he isn't doing his job properly.
It will be interesting to hear from Phil on this.

Well yeah exactly. I can just about imagine Lambert calling the meeting to ask for honest feedback (although that in itself would show humility and intelligence), but the way people say it is as if Evans and Chambers collared him and told him what to do. Then Lambert just accepted it with a big thumbs up and a smile. Bizarre.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

PRP on the radio on 11:13 - Jan 26 with 2550 viewsbluefunk

PRP on the radio on 10:47 - Jan 26 by sundaze

"humility" not a word you could associate with any of our last five managers.

Nor the vast majority of their critics
PRP on the radio on 11:19 - Jan 26 with 2538 viewsHerbivore

We know conversations took place between the players and Lambert with Chambers being the most vocal of the playing staff. I would imagine that Evans and Lambert spoke around the time his contract was agreed and let's remember that Evans released a public statement that contained hints that the approach needed to change. I find it harder to believe that Lambert fundamentally changed his approach very suddenly without prompting than to believe that his most senior player and captain as well as his boss had a bit of a word with him and that helped prompt the change of tack. Fair play to Lambert for taking it on board now, and if the only sulking he does is the odd dig in the press then I'm sure we can all live with that.

PRP on the radio on 11:25 - Jan 26 with 2523 viewsRyorry

PRP on the radio on 11:19 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

We know conversations took place between the players and Lambert with Chambers being the most vocal of the playing staff. I would imagine that Evans and Lambert spoke around the time his contract was agreed and let's remember that Evans released a public statement that contained hints that the approach needed to change. I find it harder to believe that Lambert fundamentally changed his approach very suddenly without prompting than to believe that his most senior player and captain as well as his boss had a bit of a word with him and that helped prompt the change of tack. Fair play to Lambert for taking it on board now, and if the only sulking he does is the odd dig in the press then I'm sure we can all live with that.

I thought Lambert said a while back that arriving at a settled side *for the second half of the season*, after spreading out the workload & getting the whole squad used to playing in league games in the first half of the season through the rotation policy, was always his plan.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

PRP on the radio on 11:26 - Jan 26 with 2516 viewsRyorry

Maybe one day his critics will show a bit more humility.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

PRP on the radio on 11:29 - Jan 26 with 2509 viewsHerbivore

PRP on the radio on 11:25 - Jan 26 by Ryorry

I thought Lambert said a while back that arriving at a settled side *for the second half of the season*, after spreading out the workload & getting the whole squad used to playing in league games in the first half of the season through the rotation policy, was always his plan.

No. He said he wanted everyone to be match fit but also repeatedly said that systems don't matter, which is odd as when we've used a settled system this season we've tended to do well. If you think this is all part of a master plan then good on you, but I don't see it.

PRP on the radio on 17:17 - Jan 26 with 2359 viewslmfcblue

Being locked in the changing room at Lincoln for an hour plus is when it all happened.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024