Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer 19:07 - Jan 25 with 4063 viewsGeoffSentence

Can't agree with them on that, he failed to give us a penalty for handball, didn't see anything wrong with that challenge on Fynn that should have been a red card, somehow missed a block from a free kick for a player just a few feet away from thr kick rather than the required ten yards.

But on the other hand he wasn't putting up with any of their nonsense which was both nice to see and a change from the usual crap refs who get mugged off every week.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 19:13 - Jan 25 with 4012 viewsJDB23

I thought he was a lot better than the garbage we've seen most weeks this season although did have a couple of mystifying decisions.
To be honest, I described him..... on 19:15 - Jan 25 with 3996 viewsBloots

….as a "homer" during the match.

Major incidents aside, which there weren't many of, I thought he gave us the vast majority of the 50/50s.

Not that I'm complaining obviously, it made little difference, we controlled the game and deserved to win.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 19:47 - Jan 25 with 3885 viewsSwailsey

He was...fine (ish).

They arguably should have had a penalty when Wilson handballed it (although their player did it just before) and the drop ball decision seemed mental from where I was.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 19:50 - Jan 25 with 3864 viewsPhilTWTD

One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 19:47 - Jan 25 by Swailsey

He was...fine (ish).

They arguably should have had a penalty when Wilson handballed it (although their player did it just before) and the drop ball decision seemed mental from where I was.

Think the drop ball was as he touched the ball which is the new rule. Worst decision of the afternoon was failing to act on the two-footed challenge on Downes.
One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 19:55 - Jan 25 with 3822 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How the linesman didn't spot their penalty I don't know...although the same goes for the challenge on Downes....he probably did see them to be fair but probably likes a quiet life!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 19:56 - Jan 25 with 3805 viewsfactual_blue

More of a Sophocles than a Homer.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

To be honest, I described him..... on 19:57 - Jan 25 with 3799 viewsGeoffSentence

To be honest, I described him..... on 19:15 - Jan 25 by Bloots

….as a "homer" during the match.

Major incidents aside, which there weren't many of, I thought he gave us the vast majority of the 50/50s.

Not that I'm complaining obviously, it made little difference, we controlled the game and deserved to win.

I can see that he might seem something like a homer to a Town fan, given some of the bizarre reffing we have seen at FPR this season. But I thought on balance he was reasonable, with the exception of the odd decisions listed above , the drop ball, can't see why we weren't allowed to challenge for it and possibly there handball claim.

The last one did give me a moment's nervousness as they way things have gone this season, a lot of refs would have denied us our claim and given them theirs.

To be honest, I described him..... on 20:33 - Jan 25 with 3661 viewslongtimefan

To be honest, I described him..... on 19:57 - Jan 25 by GeoffSentence

I can see that he might seem something like a homer to a Town fan, given some of the bizarre reffing we have seen at FPR this season. But I thought on balance he was reasonable, with the exception of the odd decisions listed above , the drop ball, can't see why we weren't allowed to challenge for it and possibly there handball claim.

The last one did give me a moment's nervousness as they way things have gone this season, a lot of refs would have denied us our claim and given them theirs.

Law changes made this season no longer allow contested drop balls.
Login to get fewer ads

To be honest, I described him..... on 20:35 - Jan 25 with 3648 viewsGeoffSentence

To be honest, I described him..... on 20:33 - Jan 25 by longtimefan

Law changes made this season no longer allow contested drop balls.

I should probably keep up to date with that sort of stuff.

One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 20:45 - Jan 25 with 3600 viewsEly_Blue

He also failed to stop play in the first half when the ball hit him only to do exactly that for a 2nd occurance about 20 seconds later

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 20:57 - Jan 25 with 3535 viewsWickets

One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 19:47 - Jan 25 by Swailsey

He was...fine (ish).

The drop ball was correct.A new rule this season Ref has no choice as it touched him and a lincoln player was the last to play it before hand ! Thought the pen could have been given but maybe a touch harsh .
One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 21:04 - Jan 25 with 3503 viewssparks

One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 19:55 - Jan 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

How the linesman didn't spot their penalty I don't know...although the same goes for the challenge on Downes....he probably did see them to be fair but probably likes a quiet life!

What penalty? Handball is still not a strict liability offence...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 21:06 - Jan 25 with 3490 viewssparks

One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 20:57 - Jan 25 by Wickets

The drop ball was correct.A new rule this season Ref has no choice as it touched him and a lincoln player was the last to play it before hand ! Thought the pen could have been given but maybe a touch harsh .

What is odd about the drop ball- and seems to be overlooked- is that the distance you ahve to be is apparently only 4m. Which can immediately put the player ont he ball under massive pressure and work to the team in possession's disadvantage.

Awful rule.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 21:18 - Jan 25 with 3419 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 21:04 - Jan 25 by sparks

What penalty? Handball is still not a strict liability offence...

His arm was raised in an 'unnatural ' position....he then pretended it hit his head!!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 21:32 - Jan 25 with 3364 viewsBlue_Moses

Apart from the two footed assault he was probably the best ref I've seen this season, Lincoln were diving all over the pitch and he wasn't falling for it.
One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 21:48 - Jan 25 with 3277 viewsBasuco

One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 19:55 - Jan 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

That lino only made one decision all game and that was for a Lincoln freekick when their player lost the ball and took a dive, I also thought that the ref was good, consistent in his interpretation of the rules. As you say the Lincoln players were going to ground very quickly and unconvincingly, so most of their moaning was because he did not give freekicks for blatant diving.
One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 22:04 - Jan 25 with 3214 viewsflimflam

One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 21:48 - Jan 25 by Basuco

That lino only made one decision all game and that was for a Lincoln freekick when their player lost the ball and took a dive, I also thought that the ref was good, consistent in his interpretation of the rules. As you say the Lincoln players were going to ground very quickly and unconvincingly, so most of their moaning was because he did not give freekicks for blatant diving.

He awarded a free kick to Downes first half when Downes appeared to slip with no contact from Lincoln player.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 22:16 - Jan 25 with 3187 viewsGeoffSentence

One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 22:04 - Jan 25 by flimflam

He awarded a free kick to Downes first half when Downes appeared to slip with no contact from Lincoln player.

Second half he did award us a free kick when Edwards stood on the ball and fell flat on his face. That was right in front of the Lincoln fans too, so maybe that might have contributed to the 'homer' idea.

One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 22:34 - Jan 25 with 3127 viewsBasuco

One or two whinges on the Lincoln Forum that the ref was a homer on 22:16 - Jan 25 by GeoffSentence

Second half he did award us a free kick when Edwards stood on the ball and fell flat on his face. That was right in front of the Lincoln fans too, so maybe that might have contributed to the 'homer' idea.

In front of the Lincoln fans? He would not have made a decision from the halfway line on that surely? All game he just let the ref make the decision and then copy him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024