Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped 16:02 - Jan 30 with 4068 viewsgeg1992

Wahhhhh
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 16:03]

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 21:12 - Jan 30 with 641 viewsLord_Lucan

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 20:43 - Jan 30 by Trequartista

The other three quarters of the bypass built 35 years ago, and incorporating a national freight route, has not been jammed by its infill. It flows freely when there are not incidents and accidents even incorporating a major freight route.

Is there anyone who thought building the bypass that currently exists was a bad idea? Can you imagine what it would be like if it hadn't have been built?

Exactly this.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 23:59 - Jan 30 with 600 viewsPinewoodblue

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 21:12 - Jan 30 by Lord_Lucan

Exactly this.

Don’t they have to build that number of houses anyway?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 00:04 - Jan 31 with 597 viewsbournemouthblue

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 16:24 - Jan 30 by flimflam

Should of built a tunnel instead of a bridge.

That assumes it is winds which close it but in reality a lot of accidents occur and shut it down quite regularly, along with 'incidents'.

I believe only 4500 people took the consultation so whether it is even fit for purpose has to be questioned

I believe the local working zone between Ipswich Felixstowe Harwich Woodbridge Clacton Colchester Hadleigh etc is around 600k people

Can 4500 people really decide this, around 3000 of which are from North of Ipswich I believe

The actual consultation proved quite predictably that people in the Northern Areas were strongly against the Bypass whilst people in Ipswich were strongly for it
[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 0:10]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 00:10 - Jan 31 with 597 viewsLord_Lucan

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 23:59 - Jan 30 by Pinewoodblue

Don’t they have to build that number of houses anyway?

I don't know. Frankly I haven't been following it very closely as I knew it wouldn't happen.

In any case I would welcome an enlargement of Greater Ipswich.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 00:23 - Jan 31 with 578 viewsbournemouthblue

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 00:10 - Jan 31 by Lord_Lucan

I don't know. Frankly I haven't been following it very closely as I knew it wouldn't happen.

In any case I would welcome an enlargement of Greater Ipswich.

When you look at a Map of Ipswich, the obvious place to build is the gap towards Westerfield

A lot of houses are being built with or without that Bypass, what the people in these Strong Anti-Bypass areas think is going to happen to their local traffic with no added infrastructure really does make you wonder what planet they are living on

It is amazing how many environmentalists appear live in this area, I doubt they're all driving Prius' and eating Vegan

[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 0:24]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 00:27 - Jan 31 with 571 viewsLord_Lucan

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 00:23 - Jan 31 by bournemouthblue

When you look at a Map of Ipswich, the obvious place to build is the gap towards Westerfield

A lot of houses are being built with or without that Bypass, what the people in these Strong Anti-Bypass areas think is going to happen to their local traffic with no added infrastructure really does make you wonder what planet they are living on

It is amazing how many environmentalists appear live in this area, I doubt they're all driving Prius' and eating Vegan

[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 0:24]

Therese Coffey wan't too keen on it going near her home yet she backed HS2

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 08:15 - Jan 31 with 521 viewsitfcjoe

Personally I'm for as much investment into my hometown as possible, why i was disappointed the bridge thing got shelved by Sandy Martin because it was obvious we'd end up with nothing and here we are - quelle surprise.

It might not be exactly what we need or needed, but it brings it's benefits for the local economy and community.

I'm in construction, so can't ever really complain about development - but we see it all the time where people who have already benefitted from it pull the ladder up behind them.

The difference between a conservationist and a developer is that a developer wants to build a house in the woods, whereas a conservationist already has one.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024