Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans is the real problem 17:04 - Feb 1 with 7405 viewsRRB

Lambert out, Sh*t refs, players were awful.

This is all you hear every time we lose a game.

Nobody seems to blame Evans. “But he’s a good owner because he pays the bills.” Bore off.

Evans is the real problem in this club and it’s about time are fans finally see this. Once again we have a good chance of getting promotion but he fails to back Lambert in the window. By the sounds of Lambert’s presser yesterday, all he wanted was some loans and we couldn’t even afford that.

Unfortunately I struggle to see us going up as we can’t beat any teams in the top 8.
Evans is the real problem on 12:00 - Feb 2 with 491 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Evans is the real problem on 17:59 - Feb 1 by The_Romford_Blue

To be fair, I’ve been saying it for five years on here.

Me too.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Evans is the real problem on 12:05 - Feb 2 with 479 viewsblueconscience

Evans is the real problem on 12:00 - Feb 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

Me too.

I have been saying it for 9 years

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Evans is the real problem on 12:18 - Feb 2 with 469 viewspointofblue

Evans is the real problem on 12:00 - Feb 2 by Oxford_Blue

The Culverhouse thing is made up by people who want to pretend that the manager of a club which got promoted twice then came mid table in the prem can’t coach.

Culverhouse worked with Lambert up to April 2014 when he was suspended due to allegations of bullying. He joined up with Lambert in October 2008 at Colchester, shortly after Lambert himself was appointed to the role.

The winning percentage for the pair at Colchester was over 44% and at Norwich nearly 50%, leaving them twelfth on the Premier League. When he was suspended at Villa they were four points off the relegation zone, albeit on the slide after four defeats in a row. Lambert was sacked the following year after scoring only one goal in eight matches, leaving them in the relegation zone.

Since then he’s under-achieved at Blackburn and Wolves whilst failed to turn either us or Stoke around. This is not to say he cannot approach the game tactically but clearly Culverhouse helped him along the way, and provided him with success he has not managed since without him. As said above, see Clough/Taylor for a combination which worked and saw a decline for the former after they split.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Evans is the real problem on 12:56 - Feb 2 with 449 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans is the real problem on 12:18 - Feb 2 by pointofblue

Culverhouse worked with Lambert up to April 2014 when he was suspended due to allegations of bullying. He joined up with Lambert in October 2008 at Colchester, shortly after Lambert himself was appointed to the role.

The winning percentage for the pair at Colchester was over 44% and at Norwich nearly 50%, leaving them twelfth on the Premier League. When he was suspended at Villa they were four points off the relegation zone, albeit on the slide after four defeats in a row. Lambert was sacked the following year after scoring only one goal in eight matches, leaving them in the relegation zone.

Since then he’s under-achieved at Blackburn and Wolves whilst failed to turn either us or Stoke around. This is not to say he cannot approach the game tactically but clearly Culverhouse helped him along the way, and provided him with success he has not managed since without him. As said above, see Clough/Taylor for a combination which worked and saw a decline for the former after they split.

I’m just interested in the evidence that Culverhouse is a better coach and was behind the success. Not saying he wasn’t it’s just no actual evidence has been put forwards. Culverhouse didn’t work for three years after Villa. Now he’s at a non league club who lost yesterday.
Evans is the real problem on 13:34 - Feb 2 with 438 viewsagentp

Evans is the real problem on 12:56 - Feb 2 by Oxford_Blue

I’m just interested in the evidence that Culverhouse is a better coach and was behind the success. Not saying he wasn’t it’s just no actual evidence has been put forwards. Culverhouse didn’t work for three years after Villa. Now he’s at a non league club who lost yesterday.

I think the reason he didn't work after Villa and ended up at King Lynn is out there!!

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Evans is the real problem on 13:35 - Feb 2 with 438 viewsr2d2

Evans is the real problem on 17:30 - Feb 1 by RegencyBlue

Indeed he is but it’s amazing just how many of our fans will not acknowledge that!

All you get if you criticise him is the ‘where would we be without him’ mantra. My answer to that is very straightforward - where the hell will we end up with him?

It’s been twelve years of relentless decline under Evans ownership and I don’t see any sign of that changing unfortunately!

Totally agree with this.
Evans is the real problem on 14:21 - Feb 2 with 420 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans is the real problem on 13:35 - Feb 2 by r2d2

Totally agree with this.

It’s easy to say that. I don’t disagree the club has declined since Evans bought it.

But the harder point is what to do about it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024