Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our match squad from yesterday..... 09:19 - Feb 2 with 978 viewsChrisd

who ideally would you like to keep and who would you look to move on?

Norris - Go
Garbutt - Keep
Woolfenden - Keep
Wilson - Go
Chambers - Go
Edwards - Keep
Downes - Keep
Skuse - Go
Judge - Go
Jackson - Keep
Keane - Keep
Norwood - Keep
Kenlock - Go
Sears - Keep

Remaining subs:
Holy -Keep
Donacien - Go
Nolan - Go
Dozzell - Go

Personally, I feel there are quite a few we can afford to move on. Appreciate within that list that some of those players aren't going to be here next season for one reason or another. I was looking at it purely on who I'd keep instead of potential moves away, return to parent club or contract is up etc..Need to clear the decks and start again, too much deadwood for me.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Our match squad from yesterday..... on 09:24 - Feb 2 with 955 viewsRegencyBlue

We need to clear out a lot of dead wood!

Some people seem to equate having what must be the largest squad in League 1 with being the best squad in the League.

It isn’t!
Our match squad from yesterday..... on 09:24 - Feb 2 with 940 viewstextbackup

replace them with who? and what money will be used to get them?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Our match squad from yesterday..... on 09:25 - Feb 2 with 933 viewsChrisd

Our match squad from yesterday..... on 09:24 - Feb 2 by RegencyBlue

We need to clear out a lot of dead wood!

Some people seem to equate having what must be the largest squad in League 1 with being the best squad in the League.

It isn’t!

My thoughts too.

Our match squad from yesterday..... on 09:30 - Feb 2 with 907 viewsmonytowbray

Yesterday felt like a group of players who have lost faith. You know half of them would move on and suddenly become good elsewhere.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Our match squad from yesterday..... on 09:30 - Feb 2 with 904 viewssuperblue70

I agree with most of your choices, but unfortunately most of the keeps will probably go, and let's face it we will be stuck with most of the go's won't we.
Our match squad from yesterday..... on 09:31 - Feb 2 with 899 viewsbobbyramsey

Shocking, how have we managed to accumulate so much fkin dross.......?
Our match squad from yesterday..... on 10:47 - Feb 2 with 823 viewsSarge

Considering everyone seemed to be pretty happy with how we were playing and we were top of the table just 2 games ago, I’d be inclined to keep the majority of them so that they can put things back on track at Sunderland and y’all can chill the fcuk out.

No one would be replaced adequately anyway and we would practically or literally give them away so there’d be little point in letting them go. Obviously next season in the championship would require considerable strengthening.
Our match squad from yesterday..... on 11:05 - Feb 2 with 798 viewspointofblue

Keep the majority of the players.

Lambert - Go
Taylor - Go

See how the squad would do under someone who can drill basic tactics, formations and change things for the better when they’re going wrong.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Our match squad from yesterday..... on 11:14 - Feb 2 with 784 viewsChrisd

Our match squad from yesterday..... on 11:05 - Feb 2 by pointofblue

Keep the majority of the players.

Lambert - Go
Taylor - Go

See how the squad would do under someone who can drill basic tactics, formations and change things for the better when they’re going wrong.

You could argue that 10 of that squad of 18 played under PH and that didn't end too well either.

Agree regarding PL and ST though, but the players need to take some responsibility too.

Our match squad from yesterday..... on 11:25 - Feb 2 with 772 viewspointofblue

Our match squad from yesterday..... on 11:14 - Feb 2 by Chrisd

You could argue that 10 of that squad of 18 played under PH and that didn't end too well either.

Agree regarding PL and ST though, but the players need to take some responsibility too.

I honestly don’t think they know what they’re supposed to be doing, or have a game plan to face off against the better sides. Man for man I’d have Toney and Dembele from Peterborough’s line up, maybe at a pinch Smodzics, but the rest were much of a muchness - they just played together better as a team which we are not.

To answer your question:
Norris - Go
Chambers - Stay (we won’t get better in)
Woolfenden - Stay
Wilson - Stay (dependant how Earl does)
Edwards - Stay
Downes - Stay
Skuse - Go
Judge - Go
Garbutt - Stay
Jackson - Stay
Keane - Go
Holy - Stay
Kenlock - Stay (awful time yesterday but left exposed and lacked match fitness)
Donacien - Stay (utility man, fine at right back)
Nolan - Go
Dozzell - Stay
Sears - Stay
Norwood - Stay

Vincent-Young - Stay
Earl - ???
Nsiala - Go
Huws - Stay
Bishop - Stay
Nydam - Stay (possibly loan out)
Rowe - Go
Lankester - Stay (perhaps the only plus if we don’t go up is it should be easier to bring him, and perhaps Dobra and El Mizouni, on)

Holy, Vincent-Young, Garbutt, Woolfenden, Chambers, Downes, Huws, Bishop, Sears, Jackson, Norwood

We’ll need to bring in at least an additional goalkeeper, a further centre back, a left winger and another striker.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Our match squad from yesterday..... on 11:31 - Feb 2 with 766 viewsChrisd

Our match squad from yesterday..... on 11:25 - Feb 2 by pointofblue

I honestly don’t think they know what they’re supposed to be doing, or have a game plan to face off against the better sides. Man for man I’d have Toney and Dembele from Peterborough’s line up, maybe at a pinch Smodzics, but the rest were much of a muchness - they just played together better as a team which we are not.

To answer your question:
Norris - Go
Chambers - Stay (we won’t get better in)
Woolfenden - Stay
Wilson - Stay (dependant how Earl does)
Edwards - Stay
Downes - Stay
Skuse - Go
Judge - Go
Garbutt - Stay
Jackson - Stay
Keane - Go
Holy - Stay
Kenlock - Stay (awful time yesterday but left exposed and lacked match fitness)
Donacien - Stay (utility man, fine at right back)
Nolan - Go
Dozzell - Stay
Sears - Stay
Norwood - Stay

Vincent-Young - Stay
Earl - ???
Nsiala - Go
Huws - Stay
Bishop - Stay
Nydam - Stay (possibly loan out)
Rowe - Go
Lankester - Stay (perhaps the only plus if we don’t go up is it should be easier to bring him, and perhaps Dobra and El Mizouni, on)

Holy, Vincent-Young, Garbutt, Woolfenden, Chambers, Downes, Huws, Bishop, Sears, Jackson, Norwood

We’ll need to bring in at least an additional goalkeeper, a further centre back, a left winger and another striker.

Pym looked very assured in their goal too. Although not really tested, the way he came off his line to gather any through balls and crosses into the box was so decisive. The complete opposite to Norris sadly.

Beevers was also very commanding at CB. He's exactly the type of defender that Woolfenden could do with playing along side and learn from week in, week out. He did the horrible stuff so well yesterday and kept things simple, probably went unnoticed.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 11:33]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024