Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country 11:40 - Feb 7 with 3858 viewsBrixtonBlue

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 13:54 - Feb 7 with 1282 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 13:42 - Feb 7 by Decoy_Octopus

I know, just an interesting fact is all and he was technically correct - the best kind of correct

+1 for the Futurama reference

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country (n/t) on 13:54 - Feb 7 with 1285 viewsHARRY10

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 13:42 - Feb 7 by Decoy_Octopus

I know, just an interesting fact is all and he was technically correct - the best kind of correct

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country (n/t) on 13:54 - Feb 7 with 1286 viewsHARRY10

No, as usual with rightwing nutjobs he was wrong.

No PM can change legislation. That can only be done by Parliament. Something the brexiteers repeatedly lie about. So Tony Blair DID NOT change anything.

Maybe if these loons actually read up on what they spout we would not have such a mess to sort out now.

As usual the minute the truth is put out and he was corrected he didn't want to know.

"Project fear.... baa" Blocks ears.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 14:01]
This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 13:56 - Feb 7 with 1273 viewsjeera

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 13:54 - Feb 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

+1 for the Futurama reference

Went over mine and Harrys' heads.

'Upped' for the effort regardless.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 14:23 - Feb 7 with 1250 viewsDecoy_Octopus

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 13:53 - Feb 7 by jeera

Not really.

Just more a distraction.

A decoy even.

Love it!

Just to be clear, I am against the death penalty in all it's forms. It's a serious subject and with the possible erosion of human rights being talked about it's unlikely but not inconceivable it could make a come back.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 14:24]
This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 14:31 - Feb 7 with 1238 viewschicoazul

Weird how the bloke who literally wrote a book called How To Be Right got it wrong about Rose West. And the death penalty was indeed abolished under Tony Blair, for treason.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 14:32]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 14:43 - Feb 7 with 1215 viewsBrixtonBlue

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 14:31 - Feb 7 by chicoazul

Weird how the bloke who literally wrote a book called How To Be Right got it wrong about Rose West. And the death penalty was indeed abolished under Tony Blair, for treason.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 14:32]

Jesus wept.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 14:54 - Feb 7 with 1188 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 13:56 - Feb 7 by jeera

Went over mine and Harrys' heads.

'Upped' for the effort regardless.

Well one of those is hardly a surprise

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 15:07 - Feb 7 with 1174 viewsfactual_blue

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 13:34 - Feb 7 by DanTheMan

I think it was technically possible to get the death penalty until the Crime and Disorder Act (1998), which was under Tony Blair.

That was only for piracy and high treason, so not exactly your every day crime though. We're going back to WW2 for treason.

It had to be piracy with violence.

Beheading was on the statute book for treason until 1973.

John Amery, the brother of right wing tory MP Julian Amery, was hanged for treason in 1945.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 15:11 - Feb 7 with 1165 viewsvapour_trail

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 14:54 - Feb 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well yes but you’d expect more from Harry.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 15:13 - Feb 7 with 1150 viewsjeera

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 14:54 - Feb 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I don't pretend to always be the sharpest!

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 15:14 - Feb 7 with 1148 viewsjeera

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 15:11 - Feb 7 by vapour_trail

Well yes but you’d expect more from Harry.

*%*"*!!!!!!1

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 15:16 - Feb 7 with 1134 viewsvapour_trail

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 15:14 - Feb 7 by jeera

*%*"*!!!!!!1

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 15:36 - Feb 7 with 1090 viewsCoastalblue

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 12:25 - Feb 7 by Guthrum

Altho the English method of measured-drop hanging was arguably more humane than things like the electric chair, gas chamber or even lethal injection. Certainly quicker. The fastest on record was just 20 seconds from entering the condemned man's cell to him being unconscious on the end of the rope.

Assuming you weren't found guilty of either murder at sea or piracy, in which case you'd have found yourself slowly strangling on the end of a short rope dangled above the Thames.

Interestingly enough my current project involves me researching Tyburn, best estimates place the overall number of victims at well North of 50,000 across the course of it's lifespan, though that's not to disparage your point, more to share my shock and amazement.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 15:54 - Feb 7 with 1058 viewsRadlett_blue

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 14:23 - Feb 7 by Decoy_Octopus

Love it!

Just to be clear, I am against the death penalty in all it's forms. It's a serious subject and with the possible erosion of human rights being talked about it's unlikely but not inconceivable it could make a come back.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 14:24]

It's unsurprising that there are renewed calls for the death penalty for terrorists who kill at random. I think many of us cheer when a terrorist is shot dead in the act, although there may be more unfortunate tragedies such as the killing of Jean de Menezes.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 16:02 - Feb 7 with 1042 viewsfactual_blue

This is quite brilliant. This is what we're dealing with in this country on 12:25 - Feb 7 by Guthrum

Altho the English method of measured-drop hanging was arguably more humane than things like the electric chair, gas chamber or even lethal injection. Certainly quicker. The fastest on record was just 20 seconds from entering the condemned man's cell to him being unconscious on the end of the rope.

And being hanged, drawn and quartered used to sting a bit.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024