Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best two players out injured against Sunderland 11:31 - Feb 7 with 1297 viewsMaySixth

slightly surprised we are perservering with wing backs on that basis

thought we would drop Chambers and go four at the back

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Best two players out injured against Sunderland on 11:37 - Feb 7 with 1273 viewsChrisd

Has PL said he is going with that formation? I'd be really surprised if we are.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Best two players out injured against Sunderland on 11:41 - Feb 7 with 1255 viewsDarth_Koont

Same here. But then again our wide midfielders in a 442 have been even less successful and Edwards is still missing too.

But maybe there's a bit of kidology and we'll go something like a 433?

Pronouns: He/Him

Best two players out injured against Sunderland on 11:43 - Feb 7 with 1242 viewstractordownsouth

I'd be tempted to keep it the same, as without Garbutt on set pieces, we'll need Judge's delivery.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Best two players out injured against Sunderland on 11:44 - Feb 7 with 1241 viewsChrisd

Best two players out injured against Sunderland on 11:41 - Feb 7 by Darth_Koont

Same here. But then again our wide midfielders in a 442 have been even less successful and Edwards is still missing too.

But maybe there's a bit of kidology and we'll go something like a 433?

Said it after last week's defeat to Peterborough especially with the likelihood of missing Garbutt due to injury and Edwards suspension....4-3-3.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Best two players out injured against Sunderland on 15:10 - Feb 7 with 1111 viewsjayessess

*shrugs*
2 players out already. Formation change makes 3. Possible goalkeeper change makes 4. Norwood in might make 5. Maybe we're better off doing a couple of straight swaps and keeping our shape/discipline?

(FWIW: Of the players available I think Holy - Donacien, Woolf, Chambers, Kenlock - Nolan, Downes, Huws - Norwood, Keane, Jackson - is probably our strongest lineup.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Best two players out injured against Sunderland on 15:11 - Feb 7 with 1104 viewsHerbivore

Downes and Woolfy are out? That's a blow. Surprised PL didn't mention it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Best two players out injured against Sunderland on 16:06 - Feb 7 with 1046 viewsSomethingBlue

Interesting that you've had a sneak preview of the team — care to share a little more?

We can't really play 4-4-2 with the available players but some sort of 4-2-3-1 — with Woolfenden at right-back, I half-suspect — could be feasible.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Best two players out injured against Sunderland on 16:22 - Feb 7 with 1010 viewsJakeITFC

Best two players out injured against Sunderland on 16:06 - Feb 7 by SomethingBlue

Interesting that you've had a sneak preview of the team — care to share a little more?

We can't really play 4-4-2 with the available players but some sort of 4-2-3-1 — with Woolfenden at right-back, I half-suspect — could be feasible.

433 is one that might work:

Holy; Kenlock, Chambers, Woolfenden, Donacien; Downes, Skuse, Huws; Judge, Norwood, Jackson.

Far from perfect (especially Judge wide) but as mentioned above we don’t have a set piece taker otherwise.
Login to get fewer ads

Best two players out injured against Sunderland on 16:25 - Feb 7 with 1000 viewsDarth_Koont

Best two players out injured against Sunderland on 16:22 - Feb 7 by JakeITFC

Holy; Kenlock, Chambers, Woolfenden, Donacien; Downes, Skuse, Huws; Judge, Norwood, Jackson.

Far from perfect (especially Judge wide) but as mentioned above we don’t have a set piece taker otherwise.

With the 433, that first half away to Coventry was as good as anything we've seen this season. Keane was fantastic linking play and we looked a league above the opposition.

Pronouns: He/Him

Best two players out injured against Sunderland on 16:32 - Feb 7 with 971 viewsHerbivore

Best two players out injured against Sunderland on 16:22 - Feb 7 by JakeITFC

I'd rather have no obvious set piece taker than have to carry Judge. Sears is well suited to playing as a wide forward in a 4-3-3 so I'd give him a start instead of Judge. Pace on the break away from home is really important, Judge just slows us down too much and doesn't really offer an outlet.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Best two players out injured against Sunderland on 16:34 - Feb 7 with 967 viewsstrikalite

Best two players out injured against Sunderland on 16:06 - Feb 7 by SomethingBlue

Confidence is fragile so agree he could go with that..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024