Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Long drive each way allowed for lots of podcasts 08:31 - Feb 9 with 8386 viewsMullet

Lots of discussion with Snr, lots of dissection.

Andy Warren's interview with Bart compared to Watson's with Lee O'Neil tells us so much. Both men stopped themselves from saying too much, you could hear them hold back, but every Town fan should listen to them. The self-inflicted damage that got Hurst in was really painful to hear again.

Bart's treatment and how he touches on not being alone within the squad, was widely shared on here at the time and dismissed. Even when it became too loud and from too many places to ignore. Some people clearly still target Chambers and Skuse as they are the last remnants of an era that causes so much embarrassment to them now. But yesterday both did more good than bad even when they are clearly on their last proper seasons. That's very worrying.

Lee O'Neil talks in complete candy floss. It's well presented, but utterly doesn't tell us a single thing. I'm not expecting the minutes of the meetings, but mentioning them and then telling us everything is in hand only makes me think the opposite.

Bart on the other hand clearly shows how hurt he still is, the "you only care about money" gambit by Hurst after only a couple of games is stunning and the toxic culture Evans let sweep through the club is frankly unforgivable.

O'Neil insists Evans offered Mick everything in January 15, Bart suggests the opposite. We have all these great young players but they only exist in theory. How long since we had players like Nydam or Kenlock being blooded? They're now injured alongside so many others or look totally shot and out of contention even at this level.

On the way home the Athletic have a podcast called something like "Going up, going down" they did 5 minutes previewing the game. Listening to it afterwards was painful. They pretty much predicted how the game would go. Pointing out how wasteful we have been with the opportunity to go back up etc.

It feels like the outside world has once again caught on to how bad things are at the club and maybe the fans will be more in line or more receptive to that.

There was a telling comparison with Blackpool who are really struggling under a manager who you'd trust to do better in Grayson. They got the Oystons out, got the fans back and have a saviour like owner in a local boy done good, but it's not working out. They brought in 20 odd players and gone nowhere.

I think we could be in danger of doing similar in the next few years. This league sucks teams in and doesn't let them go easily. Yesterday felt like we have tipped into just not keeping enough pace with the pack to go up, it'll be luck if at all now most likely. Getting Evans out might help, it might even feel good, but it also leaves us open to so many external factors while we lose ground on the rest of the football league all getting richer and further away from us than ever.

Even going up puts us in a position of begging for scraps and hoping to survive with a manager that just can't make the best of what he's got. Bleak to say the least.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Long drive each way allowed for lots of podcasts on 14:53 - Feb 10 with 623 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Long drive each way allowed for lots of podcasts on 13:16 - Feb 10 by JimmyJazz

2015/16 is the season we got Pringle in on loan. We were absolutely dire in the second half of that season (not due to Pringle). Although we finished 7th, there is no way that was a push for the play-offs

I mention Pringle because that is how i knew which year it was, in amongst the usual disappointments we seem to have encountered for about 15 years now - since the last playoff defeat under BFJ

I don’t really see how it can be seen as anything but

Yes we tailed off and that’s why we ultimately missed out, but we were in and around the playoffs for the majority of the season and ultimately missed out by one place

For me the wheels came off when Fraser was injured at QPR - we won 3 of our next 14 from that which dropped us from being in the playoff spots to a few points back

However that doesn’t mean we weren’t challenging for them as we clearly were. In fact, taking it as implicit that when talking about us challenging for the playoffs that we ultimately miss out (as otherwise you would say we made the playoffs rather than challenged for them), you can’t really come much closer than finishing 7th
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 14:54]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

As an update, and.... on 15:14 - Feb 10 with 593 viewscbower

As an update, and.... on 13:10 - Feb 10 by Bloots

....quoting history, rather than "rewriting it":

17/04/14 - Goal Difference outside the play offs.
2015 - Play offs
18/03/16 - 1 point outside the play offs.

TWTD

I humbly suggest that means "pushing for the play offs" to me!

bluescouser

It could have been that, yes.... on 17:31 - Feb 10 with 536 viewsBrixtonBlue

It could have been that, yes.... on 13:33 - Feb 10 by Bloots

....or you could have just been wrong?

Hold on, I'll check........no, you just "worded it badly".

You are, of course, never wrong.

Seriously Bloots, I thought you were a decent chap but if even you're lining up in the 'give Dollers a kicking' queue, maybe I ought to leave.

When have I ever said I'm never wrong? There are posters on here who have literally said they're never wrong. I'm not one of them.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Long drive each way allowed for lots of podcasts on 18:29 - Feb 10 with 511 viewsMullet

Long drive each way allowed for lots of podcasts on 14:53 - Feb 10 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Yes we tailed off and that’s why we ultimately missed out, but we were in and around the playoffs for the majority of the season and ultimately missed out by one place

For me the wheels came off when Fraser was injured at QPR - we won 3 of our next 14 from that which dropped us from being in the playoff spots to a few points back

However that doesn’t mean we weren’t challenging for them as we clearly were. In fact, taking it as implicit that when talking about us challenging for the playoffs that we ultimately miss out (as otherwise you would say we made the playoffs rather than challenged for them), you can’t really come much closer than finishing 7th

No. 7th is midtable when it feels like we're sh1t. The "don't rewrite history cos Imma gon do it" schtick even when Mick was still here was cringeworthy enough, but now. Jesus.

It does make me smile wryly, that so many of those celebrating failure since are whinging the loudest with no self-awareness either.

Some of the stuff you could hear Saturday was headshaking material.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Don't take things so seriously old boy..... on 18:46 - Feb 10 with 494 viewsBloots

It could have been that, yes.... on 17:31 - Feb 10 by BrixtonBlue

Seriously Bloots, I thought you were a decent chap but if even you're lining up in the 'give Dollers a kicking' queue, maybe I ought to leave.

When have I ever said I'm never wrong? There are posters on here who have literally said they're never wrong. I'm not one of them.

…..you love an argument as much, if not more, than the next man.

You can't then griz about it if you get a bit of kickback.

Worst things happen in China.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Long drive each way allowed for lots of podcasts on 19:09 - Feb 10 with 477 viewsJimmyJazz

Long drive each way allowed for lots of podcasts on 14:53 - Feb 10 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We'd obviously done well up to that point, as winning out 3 of 14 games is possibly relegation form, yet i'm amazed we still finished 7th

I guess it's what you consider as pushing for the playoffs, to me it's more a team who are strong toward the end of the season but just don't make it (us in 2013/14) rather than a team who turn into a load of rubbish as the business end of the season arrives.

Years later and just looking back at the final table doesn't really tell the story at all, that's when history gets rewritten

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Long drive each way allowed for lots of podcasts on 20:06 - Feb 10 with 443 viewsPJH

Long drive each way allowed for lots of podcasts on 19:09 - Feb 10 by JimmyJazz

We'd obviously done well up to that point, as winning out 3 of 14 games is possibly relegation form, yet i'm amazed we still finished 7th

I guess it's what you consider as pushing for the playoffs, to me it's more a team who are strong toward the end of the season but just don't make it (us in 2013/14) rather than a team who turn into a load of rubbish as the business end of the season arrives.

Years later and just looking back at the final table doesn't really tell the story at all, that's when history gets rewritten

That's right, in years to come people will think we finished 6th in 2014/15 because we had a better record than all of those below us but we really know it was because Derby...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024