Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club 09:39 - Feb 12 with 2651 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

12 years’ worth of evidence corroborates that we have been poorly managed in just about every aspect of the club.

We could easily list 4 of the 5 managers Evans has appointed as the worst 4 in ITFC history. Even Mick, a success results wise, largely at the detriment to all of things that make supporters want to support their team, saw the second half of his tenure as somewhat of a joke, as he was thrown under the bus by Evans before Mick caused his own problems.

It is quite clear that under Evans we are highly likely to fall further and further away from the Championship and more importantly from the proud club that we rightly became over many, many years.

People will say what can we do, but there are plenty of examples of supporters making it quite clear they do not want the owners around anymore. Only recently Charlton fans succeeded in removing an owner they had a long running dispute with. Blackpool fans eventually wrestled back control of their club. We have to stop being so frightened that Evans is going to liquidate the club. He isn’t going to destroy his entire reputation and other business opportunities sticking it to an entire town, a town which — anywhere else — would have constantly been on his back over the past decade.

WE are complicit in this. Through allowing Evans to slowly destroy the club through poor footballing decisions, we are allowing this to happen to our club. It has to be time for us to come together and show him that we will not tolerate this any longer and set the wheels in motion for him to sell the club and move on with other ventures.

We also have to stop being so bloody afraid of another owner coming in and making the club worse. There are good owners and bad owners but it seems to me Evans is a 2 and there’s a whole dice worth of 3, 4, 5 and 6’s that can be rolled.

I don’t think Evans has been malicious in his decisions, he just has a certain way of running the club, seemingly on the cheap side and this seems to have slowly rotted away all that was good about the club.

Prior to joining us Jewell was a manager with a couple of promotions, Keane had got promoted at Sunderland, Lambert was seen as a coup for a club in our position and Hurst was one of the up and coming young managers who had been successful at all of his other clubs. There is one common factor. All of these managers made mistakes, some absolute clangers, but they were also in a position to make these mistakes. Perhaps the reason they’d succeeded elsewhere was because they operated under a different remit from those above?

We took an age to decide to break away from McCarthy and it is abundantly clear that Lambert is not the right manager and Evans is not the right owner. For 10 years he remained silent and we didn’t know his intentions but he’s shot himself in the foot, twice coming out to define his 5 point plan and his intentions, because it’s quite clear we are a million miles off this.

The fact he rewarded Lambert with a shocking 5 year deal suggests that it is not Lambert deviating from the plan, but that Evans is content with where the club is, losing less money than it was in the Championship whilst we meander along hoping for a slice of luck.

Lambert only has a remnant of good will left with the fans because the relationship was so poor between the club and the fans before he arrived, that he got a massive amount of credit in the bank through just doing what is normal at any other club. Without this, being analysed on results alone, we'd be hearing chants of Lambert Out regularly.

Yesterday, we travelled to one of the worse, smallest clubs in the divisions and played 8 defensive players in a vital game, having slipped out of the top 6 for the first time basically all season. This sort of thing is admired by Evans?

We have to start making it clear to Evans that we have had enough of his tenure. The club isn’t going to die, it will be sold and we will move on with someone else having a better than even chance of improving in my opinion.

The time to act is now.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 9:43]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:21 - Feb 12 with 433 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:17 - Feb 12 by artsbossbeard

Exactly.

So if any potential new owner wanted to sell the town centre land to developers, build The Copdock Interchange Stadium and trouser the profits, it's a no-go.

Lol, you are so misinformed.

You really think that a property play and building a new stadium is a money maker?!

The ground is at Portman Road, Ipswich... not Portman Square, London!!

On no.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:21 - Feb 12 with 437 viewsartsbossbeard

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:20 - Feb 12 by itfcjoe

Well then that should keep away the sort of owner that we don't want

But that just reiterates my point.

What's in it for a potential new owner?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:22 - Feb 12 with 435 viewschicoazul

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:17 - Feb 12 by artsbossbeard

Exactly.

So if any potential new owner wanted to sell the town centre land to developers, build The Copdock Interchange Stadium and trouser the profits, it's a no-go.

you say that like it's a bad thing?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:22 - Feb 12 with 436 viewsartsbossbeard

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:21 - Feb 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

You really think that a property play and building a new stadium is a money maker?!

On no.

You have a gift. You get everything wrong.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:26 - Feb 12 with 413 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:22 - Feb 12 by artsbossbeard

You have a gift. You get everything wrong.

You think there is a big property lay in buying Ipswich if we owned the freehold.

Massive lols.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:30 - Feb 12 with 400 viewsartsbossbeard

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:26 - Feb 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

You think there is a big property lay in buying Ipswich if we owned the freehold.

Massive lols.

I know that a club that does own the freehold would be more attractive to a potential buyer than a club that doesn't.

Er, Rofl??

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 11:01 - Feb 12 with 369 viewsOxford_Blue

Unless and until a buyer comes forward who will put the club in a better position than Evans will, then there is no point in “acting now” (whatever that means). The fans singing a few songs at Evans isn’t going to make him spend money he may not have or want to spend.

However, pressuring him to sell when a buyer is there might work. Only thing is, there isn’t a buyer. As has been said before, no businessman is going to buy the club simply to burn through millions every year and if there was a rich fan, then where are they?

What might work is a consortium - if we could raise enough money to buy the club back from Evans he might sell it for £15-20m. But where do we get the £6m a year for running costs from? And what about transfer fees and wages?
It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 11:40 - Feb 12 with 334 viewsOxford_Blue

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:21 - Feb 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

On no.

Indeed.

But also how can the owner sell the land on which the stadium is built when the club doesn’t own it?!
Login to get fewer ads

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 11:49 - Feb 12 with 324 viewsnoggin

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:13 - Feb 12 by artsbossbeard

Potential New Owner: "So, do you own the football Ground?"
ME: "No"

I'm not sure why you're arguing on this, it's basic stuff.

Well if I can't sell the ground, I'm not interested.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024