Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning 11:40 - Feb 14 with 20445 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

But I want to thank Phil for pressing him on it. It is about time he got asked a challenging question. Good work Phil

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 10:31 - Feb 15 with 634 viewsreusersfreekicks

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 03:55 - Feb 15 by Paramedic

Same here, Phil mentioned that the weather could have an effect on the game. He didn't say anything about PL having any control over it. The response was pathetic from PL and disrespectful. To be honest I wasn't impressed with anything PL had to say, most of it waffle. Huge club huge fan base is all he goes on about. It is quite clear that the task is too big for PL, he needs to shoulder the blame for our inconsistent form, come out and say it.

Really really disappointed with Lambert, came across as insecure and tetchy. Trying to bully Phil into submission. Worst of all he takes no responsibility for the current situation. Has lost my respect I'm afraid
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 10:36]
I know it get's mentioned a lot, but Brenner.... on 10:35 - Feb 15 with 617 viewsPhilTWTD

I know it get's mentioned a lot, but Brenner.... on 13:43 - Feb 14 by Keaneish

Given that he watches every single game too, i'd like him to ask something a bit more thought provoking and insightful like....

"Paul, away to Rotherham midweek the side resorted to a lot of long, high-balls playing to Rotherham's strengths, what was the strategy behind this?"

"Paul, Given Toney's movement and his ability to drop into space which lead to the first goal on Saturday, will you change the system to ensure this doesn't happen again or will their be a switch in tactics when out of possession to ensure we don't offer the league's most prolific players time to choose their passes?"

"Paul, what is your assessment of the turnaround by Sunderland in the second half? We've seen this a few times this season. Is this due to a lack of experience or character in our squad that allows complete dominance to be brushed aside so easily?

"Paul, clearly Wimbledon are a team we should be beating, and yes, we do have a divine right to brush aside minnows. Would a change in shape have benefited the side to try something different to unlock their League 2 standard defence?"

The Rotherham question was asked by Brenner in almost exactly the way you suggest, I used the answer here:

Lambert: No Complaints, We Didn't Do Enough 28th Jan 2020 23:19
Town boss Paul Lambert had no complaints about the Blues 1-0 defeat at Rotherham which, along with Wycombe’s 2-1 home win over Blackpool, has seen Town drop to third in League One. The Blues boss added that he didn't expect to be handed any of the Bartosz Bialkowski cash ahead of Friday's transfer deadline. 42

I'm not sure any of us would get too far with asking questions which go too deeply into tactics in the manner of the Toney question, managers rarely discuss tactics in that sort of depth, and PL has shut down questions on systems when they've been asked in the past.

This post has been edited by an administrator
I know it get's mentioned a lot, but Brenner.... on 15:35 - Feb 15 with 524 viewsSamWhiteUK

I know it get's mentioned a lot, but Brenner.... on 10:35 - Feb 15 by PhilTWTD

The Rotherham question was asked by Brenner in almost exactly the way you suggest, I used the answer here:

Lambert: No Complaints, We Didn't Do Enough 28th Jan 2020 23:19
Town boss Paul Lambert had no complaints about the Blues 1-0 defeat at Rotherham which, along with Wycombe’s 2-1 home win over Blackpool, has seen Town drop to third in League One. The Blues boss added that he didn't expect to be handed any of the Bartosz Bialkowski cash ahead of Friday's transfer deadline. 42

I'm not sure any of us would get too far with asking questions which go too deeply into tactics in the manner of the Toney question, managers rarely discuss tactics in that sort of depth, and PL has shut down questions on systems when they've been asked in the past.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Oh yes, the whole "systems don't win games" nonsense.

We should be up there in the top two then in that case. And we should have absolutely battered Wimbledon
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024