Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning 11:40 - Feb 14 with 20448 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

But I want to thank Phil for pressing him on it. It is about time he got asked a challenging question. Good work Phil

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:54 - Feb 14 with 2461 viewsitfc48

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 13:51 - Feb 14 by The_Last_Baron

Our form since the first ten or so games has been poor, probably around 19th if it was over the course of the season. Unless there's an amazing turnaround in form we will end up around 10th-12th which will be a dismal failure.

I have to say apart from a few exceptions the players are not good enough and the team as a whole is useless. I'd change the manager today if I was in charge as I feel we are going nowhere as things stand.

However the biggest problem is the way the club has been run from the very top.

I think we were in a false position after the first 10 games as we had more points than we deserved due to poor finishing by opposing teams.

The standard in League 1 this season really isn't that great. A decent side would have walked this league.
Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:58 - Feb 14 with 2441 viewsPecker

Just watched the video. If anybody is still convinced that Lambert is the right man for the job, then you need certifying. What an absolute kn0b. First difficult questions and he had no answers. They weren't exactly taxing questions, but he had no plausible answers. Complete idiot who should do the decent thing and walk.
Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 16:18 - Feb 14 with 2409 viewshoppy

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:07 - Feb 14 by NewcyBlue

I actively encourage my lookout to challenge me.

He is there to assist me. I brief my lookout whenever I join, telling him that I expect him to question my actions if he is unsure and that I would rather he challenge me, especially if he has seen something that I haven’t.

Feedback goes both ways.

But to be fair, the challenges they're talking about might be a bit different to you getting someone to lookout as they go through your briefs and then getting him to question your actions...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 18:34 - Feb 14 with 2306 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:37 - Feb 14 by Reuser_is_God

Also his boss said the other week we should be competing for the title.

Didn't Lambo himself say the title was his aim at the start of the season?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 18:51 - Feb 14 with 2287 viewsclive_baker

Who was the absolute brown nose when Phil asked the weather question at the end.

‘Ooh you can’t do anything about that’. Made me want to vom hearing that.

I think Lambert knows if he’s ar5ey with his replies he’s less likely to be asked anything remotely challenging by the likes of Watson and Brenner who are both as soft as sh1t.

Well done Phil for challenging the fraud. It was all fair and respectful.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 18:52 - Feb 14 with 2281 viewsReuser_is_God

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 18:51 - Feb 14 by clive_baker

Who was the absolute brown nose when Phil asked the weather question at the end.

I think Lambert knows if he’s ar5ey with his replies he’s less likely to be asked anything remotely challenging by the likes of Watson and Brenner who are both as soft as sh1t.

Think it was Steve Pearce, the clubs media man.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 19:18 - Feb 14 with 2241 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 18:51 - Feb 14 by clive_baker

That wound me up as well. He never said he could control the weather what a strange thing to say.

OOOH Lambert, Love me Lambert. Tw@t

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 20:04 - Feb 14 with 2201 viewsjeera

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 13:34 - Feb 14 by Herbivore

Just read the transcript. What an utter tit (Lambert, not Phil).

I've just been reading it too.

Does Lambert get his interview technique tips from Trump?

He's rambling repetitive sh1t.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 03:55 - Feb 15 with 2083 viewsParamedic

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 19:18 - Feb 14 by TRUE_BLUE123

That wound me up as well. He never said he could control the weather what a strange thing to say.

OOOH Lambert, Love me Lambert. Tw@t

Same here, Phil mentioned that the weather could have an effect on the game. He didn't say anything about PL having any control over it. The response was pathetic from PL and disrespectful. To be honest I wasn't impressed with anything PL had to say, most of it waffle. Huge club huge fan base is all he goes on about. It is quite clear that the task is too big for PL, he needs to shoulder the blame for our inconsistent form, come out and say it.

AllalallalSunderland

I know it get's mentioned a lot, but Brenner.... on 06:42 - Feb 15 with 2038 viewstextbackup

I know it get's mentioned a lot, but Brenner.... on 13:43 - Feb 14 by Keaneish

Given that he watches every single game too, i'd like him to ask something a bit more thought provoking and insightful like....

"Paul, away to Rotherham midweek the side resorted to a lot of long, high-balls playing to Rotherham's strengths, what was the strategy behind this?"

"Paul, Given Toney's movement and his ability to drop into space which lead to the first goal on Saturday, will you change the system to ensure this doesn't happen again or will their be a switch in tactics when out of possession to ensure we don't offer the league's most prolific players time to choose their passes?"

"Paul, what is your assessment of the turnaround by Sunderland in the second half? We've seen this a few times this season. Is this due to a lack of experience or character in our squad that allows complete dominance to be brushed aside so easily?

"Paul, clearly Wimbledon are a team we should be beating, and yes, we do have a divine right to brush aside minnows. Would a change in shape have benefited the side to try something different to unlock their League 2 standard defence?"

"Paul, away to Rotherham midweek the side resorted to a lot of long, high-balls playing to Rotherham's strengths, what was the strategy behind this?"

answer - "yeah I mean Rotherham are a really really good team, really strong, really really good"

"Paul, Given Toney's movement and his ability to drop into space which lead to the first goal on Saturday, will you change the system to ensure this doesn't happen again or will their be a switch in tactics when out of possession to ensure we don't offer the league's most prolific players time to choose their passes?"

answer - "yeah I mean Toney's having a really really good season, really strong, really really good"

"Paul, what is your assessment of the turnaround by Sunderland in the second half? We've seen this a few times this season. Is this due to a lack of experience or character in our squad that allows complete dominance to be brushed aside so easily?

answer - "yeah I mean sunderland have turned it around and are a really really good team, really strong, really really good, good results lately, reaaly really good"

"Paul, clearly Wimbledon are a team we should be beating, and yes, we do have a divine right to brush aside minnows. Would a change in shape have benefited the side to try something different to unlock their League 2 standard defence?"

answer - "yeah I mean Wimbledon made it hard for us really really hard, really strong, really really hard good strong team"

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 06:49 - Feb 15 with 2028 viewstextbackup

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:11 - Feb 14 by SitfcB

The bloke hates being challenged.

if I may, just for one second..... I completely agree PL is clueless as fck and I will personally hold it against him for the rest of my life that downes and wolf will leave for pennies in summer when we finish 9th, however, I remember a certain hero for you, an ex manager, being asked questions and gave replies which were sarcastic, rude, because he didn't like being challenged. just saying.....

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 07:42 - Feb 15 with 1990 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 06:49 - Feb 15 by textbackup

if I may, just for one second..... I completely agree PL is clueless as fck and I will personally hold it against him for the rest of my life that downes and wolf will leave for pennies in summer when we finish 9th, however, I remember a certain hero for you, an ex manager, being asked questions and gave replies which were sarcastic, rude, because he didn't like being challenged. just saying.....

I hate this old school manager mentality of basically there’s so much going on you lot couldn’t possibly understand it. It’s all far too complicated and trust me because I’m the expert. Like you say Mick and Lambert both guilty of it

When you listen to a lot of managers these days they’ll explain why they’ve set up in certain ways, what they are planning to do and go into great detail about everything.

I’d much prefer the latter, what we hear now treats the fans as idiots

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 07:58 - Feb 15 with 1966 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 06:49 - Feb 15 by textbackup

You’re absolutely right, but there was a slight difference in that one could at least back up that persona with a semblance of results on the pitch, whereas the other managed us for 3/4 of a relegation season, is currently outside the playoffs in the 3rd division having won 3 games in 20 and has a win rate of less than 30%
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 8:09]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 08:11 - Feb 15 with 1949 viewsPinewoodblue

Let’s try and look at this from Lambert’s position. He had a choice he could either go the defensive or admit he had been found out. Would you admit in a press conference that you had failed knowing that the next question was likely to be about being given a new contract.?

It really is a shame it was Phil asking the question and not Marcus Evans.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 08:14 - Feb 15 with 1949 viewsHerbivore

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 08:11 - Feb 15 by Pinewoodblue

Let’s try and look at this from Lambert’s position. He had a choice he could either go the defensive or admit he had been found out. Would you admit in a press conference that you had failed knowing that the next question was likely to be about being given a new contract.?

It was disappointing that he chose to throw his players under the bus and accuse Phil of being drunk. I'd rather hoped for better than that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 08:21 - Feb 15 with 1937 viewstextbackup

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 07:58 - Feb 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You’re absolutely right, but there was a slight difference in that one could at least back up that persona with a semblance of results on the pitch, whereas the other managed us for 3/4 of a relegation season, is currently outside the playoffs in the 3rd division having won 3 games in 20 and has a win rate of less than 30%
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 8:09]

Joes reply says all I want to say back

It wasn’t a MM dig btw

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 08:25 - Feb 15 with 1924 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 08:21 - Feb 15 by textbackup

Joes reply says all I want to say back

It wasn’t a MM dig btw

And that wasn’t a defence of that approach, hence why I opened with ‘You’re absolutely right’

FWIW I agree with Joe too

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 08:26 - Feb 15 with 1922 viewsArgyle_blue

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 08:11 - Feb 15 by Pinewoodblue

There’s a middle ground though right? He could have shown some humility and talked about his share of the responsibility as well as acknowledging that players need to do better and fans need to adjust expectations. I don’t think I’ve ever heard him take the pressure off the players by taking responsibility.
Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 08:28 - Feb 15 with 1911 viewstextbackup

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 07:42 - Feb 15 by itfcjoe

I hate this old school manager mentality of basically there’s so much going on you lot couldn’t possibly understand it. It’s all far too complicated and trust me because I’m the expert. Like you say Mick and Lambert both guilty of it

When you listen to a lot of managers these days they’ll explain why they’ve set up in certain ways, what they are planning to do and go into great detail about everything.

I’d much prefer the latter, what we hear now treats the fans as idiots

Especially when with various things online their tactics can be picked apart all day everyday

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 08:32 - Feb 15 with 1896 viewsMullet

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 08:14 - Feb 15 by Herbivore

It was disappointing that he chose to throw his players under the bus and accuse Phil of being drunk. I'd rather hoped for better than that.

Although Phil has said that's a common in-joke apparently, so I think it just comes across badly when a presser finally grabs so much attention.

That's not to say Lambert hasn't come across terribly and done nothing to dispel what a mess we've become.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 09:11 - Feb 15 with 1833 viewsHerbivore

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 08:32 - Feb 15 by Mullet

Although Phil has said that's a common in-joke apparently, so I think it just comes across badly when a presser finally grabs so much attention.

That's not to say Lambert hasn't come across terribly and done nothing to dispel what a mess we've become.

Fair enough if it's an in joke. The throwing of Hurst's signings under the bus wasn't too classy mind you.

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 09:45 - Feb 15 with 1798 viewsDarth_Koont

Listening to Phil's questions and Lambert's repsonses for the first time this morning, I think they were a little at cross-purposes. And I think that's down to Lambert's over-reaction to the first question.

The question re: wages was an interesting one. There's no doubt we'll have one of the biggest footballing spends in the division but I wonder if the wages of the top teams on the pitch are massively different. Our squad just appears to be much much bigger. But that's still an issue that Lambert has to bear some responsibility for.

Generally, I think he's right re: expectations and also that having the best squad on paper (or the highest wage bill) doesn't mean anything if the players don't show it. The best squads in the division will be those that win the games they need to go up.

But of course that's down to him too - and he knows it which is why he got defensive and narky.

Pronouns: He/Him

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 10:07 - Feb 15 with 1770 viewsbobbyramsey

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 09:45 - Feb 15 by Darth_Koont

Listening to Phil's questions and Lambert's repsonses for the first time this morning, I think they were a little at cross-purposes. And I think that's down to Lambert's over-reaction to the first question.

The question re: wages was an interesting one. There's no doubt we'll have one of the biggest footballing spends in the division but I wonder if the wages of the top teams on the pitch are massively different. Our squad just appears to be much much bigger. But that's still an issue that Lambert has to bear some responsibility for.

Generally, I think he's right re: expectations and also that having the best squad on paper (or the highest wage bill) doesn't mean anything if the players don't show it. The best squads in the division will be those that win the games they need to go up.

But of course that's down to him too - and he knows it which is why he got defensive and narky.

I was thinking the same, it has nothing to do with wage budget, if the players just aren't good enough then we wont be successful come hell or high water. It just means that we are badly managed and overpay mediocre (at best) players.

If town paid salaries in line with what the players are REALLY worth then we might find that we had one of the lower budgets in the division.

.....or maybe the players are great and we just have sh!t (overpaid) management/coaches?.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 10:10]
Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 10:17 - Feb 15 with 1747 viewsHerbivore

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 10:07 - Feb 15 by bobbyramsey

I was thinking the same, it has nothing to do with wage budget, if the players just aren't good enough then we wont be successful come hell or high water. It just means that we are badly managed and overpay mediocre (at best) players.

If town paid salaries in line with what the players are REALLY worth then we might find that we had one of the lower budgets in the division.

.....or maybe the players are great and we just have sh!t (overpaid) management/coaches?.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 10:10]

It's the latter, although great is a bit strong.

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 10:26 - Feb 15 with 1734 viewspointofblue

What you want from a manager is reassurance but there is absolutely none of that in the interview. And if Lambert thinks that us as fans are getting increasingly annoyed simply because we’re not living up to our history rather than the fact we’re not living up to our present then he is unfortunately out of his depth and the future of the club is as stake if he remains in charge much longer.

I watched the highlights of our last home game against Burton whilst reading the preview on here and the atmosphere was toxic that day; it was about a month before Mick walked. If things go wrong today then that atmosphere could return but, due to his frankly idiotic decision making, where can Evans go from here?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024