Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning 11:40 - Feb 14 with 20447 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

But I want to thank Phil for pressing him on it. It is about time he got asked a challenging question. Good work Phil

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:20 - Feb 14 with 4074 viewsBluefish

Phil should have told him to **** off, the bloke is an utter tw*t. He is utterly clueless.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:21 - Feb 14 with 4062 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:20 - Feb 14 by Bluefish

Phil should have told him to **** off, the bloke is an utter tw*t. He is utterly clueless.

I don't think he is an utter 'tw*t'. Maybe clueless.

Sound personal between you two!

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:23 - Feb 14 with 4049 viewsKeaneish

Agreed. Well done Phil. I think you've pretty much secured Freddie's place on the bench for the rest of the season but it's so much better to hear a direct and honest set of questions rather than Brenner's weekly monotony.

For the record, the questions were completely fair in my view and of course our wage bill is one of the highest!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:27 - Feb 14 with 4013 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:16 - Feb 14 by Chrisd

If PL is suggesting they don't work hard enough to earn the right to play and their quality then should be superior, I'm not sure that quantifies as waffle? He is answering the question in that regard, he's giving his opinion why that's happened.

I’m talking more about the wage bill and the players were bought for the championship....

That’s fact is it not ?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:29 - Feb 14 with 4001 viewscleggo

Perfectly good questions, well asked.

Ridiculous response. How can Lambert honestly say we don't have one of the biggest wage budgets in the league. Or suggest that it's not intrinsically linked. We have been using it as an excuse for being in the bottom half of the Championship for long enough, so why's it no longer relevant when it's the other way around.

Bottom line is that if Lambert does not get us up, he will have failed in his job. He should be relieved of his duties at the end of the season.
Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:30 - Feb 14 with 3995 viewsDubtractor

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:00 - Feb 14 by TheTrueBlue1878

Fair play to Phil, asked more questions that fans actually want to here. Watson likes to tip toe around Lambert a little bit though.

First thing that drew my attention is when was mentioning Leeds, Sheffield United and Wednesday. He was very quick to mention it took them 2 or 3 years to get out of this league, he is planting his seeds nice and early for when we don't make the play-offs.

Pretty certain also that when those clubs failed to get promoted they changed manager!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:30 - Feb 14 with 3997 viewsSitfcB

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:18 - Feb 14 by Chrisd

I don't think there's many of us that enjoy or relish being challenged in the work place? If you didn't go on the defensive, I'd find that a strange reaction.

As a football manager he has to take the rough with the smooth.

I’m sure, like Phil said, that Lambert himself said we had one of the best squads in the league at one point.

Very weird from PRP.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:31 - Feb 14 with 3991 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:30 - Feb 14 by Dubtractor

Pretty certain also that when those clubs failed to get promoted they changed manager!

Precisely. It was also a massive failure for them. So not the best examples

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:36 - Feb 14 with 3960 viewsChrisd

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:27 - Feb 14 by TRUE_BLUE123

I’m talking more about the wage bill and the players were bought for the championship....

That’s fact is it not ?

That's true, but again for me that shows hugely, overpaid players rewarded for a lack of ability. Need a big clear out, whether we stay down or get promoted.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 12:45]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:37 - Feb 14 with 3959 viewsReuser_is_God

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:30 - Feb 14 by SitfcB

I’m sure, like Phil said, that Lambert himself said we had one of the best squads in the league at one point.

Very weird from PRP.

Also his boss said the other week we should be competing for the title.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:39 - Feb 14 with 3944 viewsChrisd

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:30 - Feb 14 by SitfcB

Very weird from PRP.

It's certainly a unique situation being a football manager, but as you rightly say it's part of the territory.

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:46 - Feb 14 with 3905 viewsSuperblue95

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:23 - Feb 14 by Keaneish

Agreed. Well done Phil. I think you've pretty much secured Freddie's place on the bench for the rest of the season but it's so much better to hear a direct and honest set of questions rather than Brenner's weekly monotony.

For the record, the questions were completely fair in my view and of course our wage bill is one of the highest!

Agreed, Phil did a good job there.

Lambert can be a nob at times

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:49 - Feb 14 with 3909 viewsPhilTWTD

Cheers. Text here, video up in a bit:

Lambert: Whoever You Are You've Got to Earn the Right 14th Feb 2020 12:33
Town boss Paul Lambert reiterated that the Blues have no divine right to finish in League One’s top two this season just because of the size and history of the club in a sometimes tetchy exchange during his morning press conference ahead of the Burton Albion match. 38

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:51 - Feb 14 with 3878 viewsfooters

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:49 - Feb 14 by PhilTWTD

Town boss Paul Lambert reiterated that the Blues have no divine right to finish in League One’s top two this season just because of the size and history of the club in a sometimes tetchy exchange during his morning press conference ahead of the Burton Albion match. 38

Nice one Phil.

Next time maybe ask him whether he'd earned the right to a five-year contract extension.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:59 - Feb 14 with 3819 viewsRadlett_blue

At this stage of the season, the league table rarely lies. So unless there is a miraculous turnaround in form from our 3 month "blip", town are sliding away from even the play off places. That had to be a minimum expectation given our wage bill. Lambert even seems to be using the good start as a pathetic excuse for subsequent poor results, although actually it should have been a real confidence builder.
Either this squad of players isn't good enough for promotion or Lambert isn't getting the best out of them. Lambert now, unsurprisingly, seems to be veering towards the former, after taking his endless nonsense earlier about how well the players were doing. Blaming it on lack of experience is even more nonsensical - we have one of the older, as well as highest paid squads in this league.
Lambert is out of his depth, flailing around and the sooner he's put out of his misery the better.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 13:01 - Feb 14 with 3806 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:49 - Feb 14 by PhilTWTD

Top stuff Phil. Your questions reflected the mood and concerns of the majority of supporters, as fans that’s all we really want from journalists.

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 13:02 - Feb 14 with 3795 viewsChrisd

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:59 - Feb 14 by Radlett_blue

At this stage of the season, the league table rarely lies. So unless there is a miraculous turnaround in form from our 3 month "blip", town are sliding away from even the play off places. That had to be a minimum expectation given our wage bill. Lambert even seems to be using the good start as a pathetic excuse for subsequent poor results, although actually it should have been a real confidence builder.
Either this squad of players isn't good enough for promotion or Lambert isn't getting the best out of them. Lambert now, unsurprisingly, seems to be veering towards the former, after taking his endless nonsense earlier about how well the players were doing. Blaming it on lack of experience is even more nonsensical - we have one of the older, as well as highest paid squads in this league.
Lambert is out of his depth, flailing around and the sooner he's put out of his misery the better.

It's going to take a huge upturn in form for us to muscle our way back into the promotion race. Come the end of the season, you deserve to be where you finish. If we find ourselves outside the play offs, then we've just not been consistently good enough over those 44 games.

I know it get's mentioned a lot, but Brenner.... on 13:03 - Feb 14 with 3802 viewsBloots

...really is pointless when it comes to interviews.

He doesn't actually ask any questions.

He makes a long rambling statement and then just says "isn't it ?" or "doesn't it?"

He should listen to "Bulldog Ham" more.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 13:11 - Feb 14 with 3759 viewsnoggin

He thinks the team is playing well and just not taking their chances. We the fans don't agree.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 13:12 - Feb 14 with 3753 viewsBlueAllOver

Nice one good questions, pity about the bullying illogical replies from PRP, so defensive.

The bit about have you been drinking was just ridiculous, sooner he goes the better,
Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 13:16 - Feb 14 with 3715 viewsStadiumofdark

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:23 - Feb 14 by Keaneish

It just needed that "so, are you happy with where we are then you cluless fkwit?" to wrap it up.
Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 13:18 - Feb 14 with 3699 viewsnoggin

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 13:16 - Feb 14 by Stadiumofdark

It just needed that "so, are you happy with where we are then you cluless fkwit?" to wrap it up.

"You've gotte urn it."

The team isn't earning it and we want to know why?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 13:19 - Feb 14 with 3697 viewsBlueinBrum

That wasn't pleasant listening... so defensive.

Going to the meet the club event in London on Tuesday that he's due to be at, what's he gonna be like if we lose tomorrow!!
Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 13:25 - Feb 14 with 3654 viewshoppy

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 13:12 - Feb 14 by BlueAllOver

Nice one good questions, pity about the bullying illogical replies from PRP, so defensive.

The bit about have you been drinking was just ridiculous, sooner he goes the better,

You say it's ridiculous... but having only heard the audio, and not seen a video of the interview, we don't know if he was asking Phil that because of his question, or whether Phil was wobbling around with his eyes rolling all over the place, whilst asking it...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 13:33 - Feb 14 with 3623 viewsCoco

Aye - good job Phil

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024