Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning 11:40 - Feb 14 with 20453 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

But I want to thank Phil for pressing him on it. It is about time he got asked a challenging question. Good work Phil

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 13:34 - Feb 14 with 5395 viewsHerbivore

Just read the transcript. What an utter tit (Lambert, not Phil).

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 13:37 - Feb 14 with 5381 viewsMeadowlark

Well done Phil!

Next time maybe ask him why we are not "earning the right?"
Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 13:41 - Feb 14 with 5372 viewsHerbivore

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 13:25 - Feb 14 by hoppy

You say it's ridiculous... but having only heard the audio, and not seen a video of the interview, we don't know if he was asking Phil that because of his question, or whether Phil was wobbling around with his eyes rolling all over the place, whilst asking it...

Phil was chugging back a can of K cider, def info.

I know it get's mentioned a lot, but Brenner.... on 13:43 - Feb 14 with 5368 viewsKeaneish

I know it get's mentioned a lot, but Brenner.... on 13:03 - Feb 14 by Bloots

...really is pointless when it comes to interviews.

He doesn't actually ask any questions.

He makes a long rambling statement and then just says "isn't it ?" or "doesn't it?"

He should listen to "Bulldog Ham" more.

Given that he watches every single game too, i'd like him to ask something a bit more thought provoking and insightful like....

"Paul, away to Rotherham midweek the side resorted to a lot of long, high-balls playing to Rotherham's strengths, what was the strategy behind this?"

"Paul, Given Toney's movement and his ability to drop into space which lead to the first goal on Saturday, will you change the system to ensure this doesn't happen again or will their be a switch in tactics when out of possession to ensure we don't offer the league's most prolific players time to choose their passes?"

"Paul, what is your assessment of the turnaround by Sunderland in the second half? We've seen this a few times this season. Is this due to a lack of experience or character in our squad that allows complete dominance to be brushed aside so easily?

"Paul, clearly Wimbledon are a team we should be beating, and yes, we do have a divine right to brush aside minnows. Would a change in shape have benefited the side to try something different to unlock their League 2 standard defence?"

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I know it get's mentioned a lot, but Brenner.... on 13:47 - Feb 14 with 5351 viewsHerbivore

I know it get's mentioned a lot, but Brenner.... on 13:43 - Feb 14 by Keaneish

Given that he watches every single game too, i'd like him to ask something a bit more thought provoking and insightful like....

"Paul, away to Rotherham midweek the side resorted to a lot of long, high-balls playing to Rotherham's strengths, what was the strategy behind this?"

"Paul, Given Toney's movement and his ability to drop into space which lead to the first goal on Saturday, will you change the system to ensure this doesn't happen again or will their be a switch in tactics when out of possession to ensure we don't offer the league's most prolific players time to choose their passes?"

"Paul, what is your assessment of the turnaround by Sunderland in the second half? We've seen this a few times this season. Is this due to a lack of experience or character in our squad that allows complete dominance to be brushed aside so easily?

"Paul, clearly Wimbledon are a team we should be beating, and yes, we do have a divine right to brush aside minnows. Would a change in shape have benefited the side to try something different to unlock their League 2 standard defence?"

He wouldn't be able to answer questions about tactics. He'd just say it's a stupid question and accuse them of drinking.

I know it get's mentioned a lot, but Brenner.... on 13:48 - Feb 14 with 5348 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I know it get's mentioned a lot, but Brenner.... on 13:43 - Feb 14 by Keaneish

We live in hope Keanish. Although if he did ask those questions the answers would all be the same.

“You’ve got to earn the right”

“No team plays well for 90 minutes”

Etc etc

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

I know it get's mentioned a lot, but Brenner.... (n/t) on 13:49 - Feb 14 with 5344 viewsKeaneish

I know it get's mentioned a lot, but Brenner.... on 13:47 - Feb 14 by Herbivore

He wouldn't be able to answer questions about tactics. He'd just say it's a stupid question and accuse them of drinking.

[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 13:50]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 13:51 - Feb 14 with 5328 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:59 - Feb 14 by Radlett_blue

At this stage of the season, the league table rarely lies. So unless there is a miraculous turnaround in form from our 3 month "blip", town are sliding away from even the play off places. That had to be a minimum expectation given our wage bill. Lambert even seems to be using the good start as a pathetic excuse for subsequent poor results, although actually it should have been a real confidence builder.
Either this squad of players isn't good enough for promotion or Lambert isn't getting the best out of them. Lambert now, unsurprisingly, seems to be veering towards the former, after taking his endless nonsense earlier about how well the players were doing. Blaming it on lack of experience is even more nonsensical - we have one of the older, as well as highest paid squads in this league.
Lambert is out of his depth, flailing around and the sooner he's put out of his misery the better.

Our form since the first ten or so games has been poor, probably around 19th if it was over the course of the season. Unless there's an amazing turnaround in form we will end up around 10th-12th which will be a dismal failure.

I have to say apart from a few exceptions the players are not good enough and the team as a whole is useless. I'd change the manager today if I was in charge as I feel we are going nowhere as things stand.

However the biggest problem is the way the club has been run from the very top.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 14:22 - Feb 14 with 5285 viewsSwailsey

Well done Phil!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 14:56 - Feb 14 with 5241 viewsDarkHorse

He really is a snide c*nt.

Good on you for pressing him, Phil.
Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 14:59 - Feb 14 with 5231 viewsHerbivore

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 14:56 - Feb 14 by DarkHorse

He really is a snide c*nt.

Good on you for pressing him, Phil.

He's a prick. I wonder how full of confidence the likes of Jackson will be after Lambert's response to Phil pointing out that him, Nolan, Nsiala etc. had all played in the Championship was "You'd have to ask Paul Hurst about those guys" or something of that ilk. Way to distance yourself from several of your squad and basically imply that you don't think they're good enough. To then accuse Phil of being drunk as well. Absolute wasteman.

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:02 - Feb 14 with 5212 viewsfooters

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 14:59 - Feb 14 by Herbivore

He's a prick. I wonder how full of confidence the likes of Jackson will be after Lambert's response to Phil pointing out that him, Nolan, Nsiala etc. had all played in the Championship was "You'd have to ask Paul Hurst about those guys" or something of that ilk. Way to distance yourself from several of your squad and basically imply that you don't think they're good enough. To then accuse Phil of being drunk as well. Absolute wasteman.

Yeah, bit rich of a Glaswegian to accuse someone of being pissed in the morning.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:03 - Feb 14 with 5209 viewsBLUEBEAT

This is the line journalists should take. Not suck up to the interviewee.

Well done, Phil. Keep on pressing.

Poll: W or W

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:04 - Feb 14 with 5201 viewsPJH

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:02 - Feb 14 by footers

Yeah, bit rich of a Glaswegian to accuse someone of being pissed in the morning.

That would make a good chant "Pissed in the morning, your'e getting pissed in the morning...."
Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:05 - Feb 14 with 5196 viewsfooters

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:04 - Feb 14 by PJH

That would make a good chant "Pissed in the morning, your'e getting pissed in the morning...."

Have you been spying on me?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:07 - Feb 14 with 5186 viewsNewcyBlue

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:18 - Feb 14 by Chrisd

I don't think there's many of us that enjoy or relish being challenged in the work place? If you didn't go on the defensive, I'd find that a strange reaction.

I actively encourage my lookout to challenge me.

He is there to assist me. I brief my lookout whenever I join, telling him that I expect him to question my actions if he is unsure and that I would rather he challenge me, especially if he has seen something that I haven’t.

Feedback goes both ways.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:09 - Feb 14 with 5173 viewsLankHenners

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 14:59 - Feb 14 by Herbivore

And in the very same interview is calling out his players for not handling things publicly as well as they should.

Really bizarre behaviour. You can take a line of script and analyse it all day until you get several different meanings but the general tone and responses from Lambert are p!ss poor. Both that it gives the impression that he hasn't a clue (which was already obvious), but also that he bangs on about the 'proud history' one moment, then in the next is publicly slagging off members of the local press and accusing them of day drinking. The club does have a proud history and it's embarrassing that this charlatan has any connection to it at all.

He's an arrogant tw@t with nothing to justify it other than that one time he played in Germany. I fear we haven't hit rock bottom as a club yet but I'll be glad for the day when this clown fcks off.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:24 - Feb 14 with 5149 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 12:18 - Feb 14 by Chrisd

I don't think there's many of us that enjoy or relish being challenged in the work place? If you didn't go on the defensive, I'd find that a strange reaction.

If I don't get occasionally challenged in my job, my colleagues aren't doing their jobs properly. Anyone who reacts like Lambert in response to it, probably isn't doing their properly, either.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:26 - Feb 14 with 5137 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I’d been waiting for a chance to listen to the audio on that one, but it does read as if his immediate response was to basically imply they were cr*p before swiftly trying to dig himself back out of it

Not normally one for reading too much into interview comments but that did seem quite telling - and letting his guard slip in general a sign that the pressure is absolutely getting to him

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:30 - Feb 14 with 5129 viewsHerbivore

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:26 - Feb 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I’d been waiting for a chance to listen to the audio on that one, but it does read as if his immediate response was to basically imply they were cr*p before swiftly trying to dig himself back out of it

Not normally one for reading too much into interview comments but that did seem quite telling - and letting his guard slip in general a sign that the pressure is absolutely getting to him

He's just trying to distance himself from any responsibility. Our squad is good? Nah, Hurst signed a load of dross. But they were great for me, mind. We've got a big wage budget for this level? How dare you! Are you pissed?

Total bumba claat.

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:31 - Feb 14 with 5120 viewsPhilTWTD

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 13:25 - Feb 14 by hoppy

You say it's ridiculous... but having only heard the audio, and not seen a video of the interview, we don't know if he was asking Phil that because of his question, or whether Phil was wobbling around with his eyes rolling all over the place, whilst asking it...

It was the bottle of Buckfast I was swigging on which led to his comment.
Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:32 - Feb 14 with 5119 viewsfooters

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:30 - Feb 14 by Herbivore

He's just trying to distance himself from any responsibility. Our squad is good? Nah, Hurst signed a load of dross. But they were great for me, mind. We've got a big wage budget for this level? How dare you! Are you pissed?

Total bumba claat.

Wasteman, bumba claat? You feeling all right, fam?!

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:32 - Feb 14 with 5120 viewsPhilTWTD

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 13:41 - Feb 14 by Herbivore

Phil was chugging back a can of K cider, def info.

Sorry, didn't see you comment before adding mine*.

*In actual fact I'm more one for temperance beverages these days.
Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:34 - Feb 14 with 5094 viewsHerbivore

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:32 - Feb 14 by footers

Wasteman, bumba claat? You feeling all right, fam?!

I'm mixing in a bit of patois, trying to de-colonise the board.

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:36 - Feb 14 with 5088 viewsfooters

Lambert was not having Phil's questions this morning on 15:34 - Feb 14 by Herbivore

I'm mixing in a bit of patois, trying to de-colonise the board.

Irie. TWTD's very own Alborosie.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024