Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All this energy on Evans out 14:11 - Feb 23 with 1982 viewsBluefish

What other completely pointless things can we campaign for? Other things that are virtually impossible to happen but we want to demand them away.

Demand we are given the title and promotion even if we finish 10th?
Demand that we are on all sky games so we get the money?
Demand that wembley is picked up and relocated in Portman road?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

All this energy on Evans out on 14:17 - Feb 23 with 1953 viewsblueconscience

I don’t understand how you hate a struggling manager which is to be expected under this ownership, but not said ownership that has been clueless and destroying the club for 11 years!!!!!
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 14:30]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

All this energy on Evans out on 14:17 - Feb 23 with 1948 viewsfooters

Only their campaigns so far have been no one turning up to the Sir Alf statue and a couple of Facebook groups.

But my suggestion: I'd like a night with Keira Knightley. Please help.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

All this energy on Evans out on 14:24 - Feb 23 with 1918 viewsGuthrum

All this energy on Evans out on 14:17 - Feb 23 by blueconscience

I don’t understand how you hate a struggling manager which is to be expected under this ownership, but not said ownership that has been clueless and destroying the club for 11 years!!!!!

Because this has to be about just one thing, rather than a combination of factors (including some which are systemic and external to the club).

The more complex and involved a situation, the harder it is to come up with simple and "obvious" solutions.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

All this energy on Evans out on 14:26 - Feb 23 with 1905 viewsr2d2

Something has to give or we are headinv for oblivion.
All this energy on Evans out on 14:29 - Feb 23 with 1885 viewsWD19

All this energy on Evans out on 14:26 - Feb 23 by r2d2

Something has to give or we are headinv for oblivion.

Has anyone bothered to suss out which of our stands is most flammable!?
All this energy on Evans out on 14:37 - Feb 23 with 1850 viewsBluefish

I'll put this simply. A manager is responsible for the results and CAN be sacked

An owner is not responsible for results and CANNOT be sacked

Understand?

All this energy on Evans out on 14:40 - Feb 23 with 1833 viewsJ2BLUE

Because it's about MM and he's acting like a spoilt child turning on his siblings because they made daddy leave home.

Even more tragic now we've seen a picture of him and put a face to the name.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

All this energy on Evans out on 14:41 - Feb 23 with 1832 viewsBluearmy_81

All this energy on Evans out on 14:37 - Feb 23 by Bluefish

I'll put this simply. A manager is responsible for the results and CAN be sacked

Understand?

Absolutely staggering lack of insight. So if an owner can't be blamed for results then an owner can't be blamed for the last 13 years then?! What tosh
Login to get fewer ads

All this energy on Evans out on 14:47 - Feb 23 with 1813 viewsBluefish

All this energy on Evans out on 14:41 - Feb 23 by Bluearmy_81

Absolutely staggering lack of insight. So if an owner can't be blamed for results then an owner can't be blamed for the last 13 years then?! What tosh

An owner can be blamed if they run at a profit

All this energy on Evans out on 14:51 - Feb 23 with 1799 viewsTheSelkirk

All this energy on Evans out on 14:17 - Feb 23 by footers

Only their campaigns so far have been no one turning up to the Sir Alf statue and a couple of Facebook groups.

But my suggestion: I'd like a night with Keira Knightley. Please help.

Being an Ipswich Town supporter is rather like being in bed with Keira Knightley with a padlock on your Y-fronts
All this energy on Evans out on 14:52 - Feb 23 with 1786 viewsJ2BLUE

All this energy on Evans out on 14:51 - Feb 23 by TheSelkirk

Being an Ipswich Town supporter is rather like being in bed with Keira Knightley with a padlock on your Y-fronts

And slowly she's turned into Rosie O'Donnell and the padlock has rusted and fell off.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

All this energy on Evans out on 14:56 - Feb 23 with 1774 viewsCotton_eyed_joe

Understand?

BOOM at last someone has hit the nail on the head. That is just what I was thinking
All this energy on Evans out on 15:17 - Feb 23 with 1710 viewsNo9

Understand?

Wasn't it the strikers who failed to score yesterday - & in other matches Town have dominated?

The owner gave the OK for last seasons leading scorer to be brought in - now he can't
All this energy on Evans out on 15:21 - Feb 23 with 1696 viewsblueconscience

Understand?

Nope.

The owner is in fact just as responsible for those results, as he decided to buy cheap and as a result the quality of players he has been willing to bring in to the club have not been good enough and in turn deliver those poor performances and results.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 15:22]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

All this energy on Evans out on 15:40 - Feb 23 with 1659 viewsRegencyBlue

Understand?

I beg to differ!

Obviously Evans can’t be sacked because he is the current owner but he is most definitely responsible for the mess the club has become.

Twelve years of his inept decision making is the only constant in our continuing demise. Whoever the manager was we would have ended up in League 1 eventually because you cannot keep selling your better players and replacing them with poorer, cheaper, ones without fatally weakening the club.
All this energy on Evans out on 15:57 - Feb 23 with 1629 viewsBluefish

All this energy on Evans out on 15:40 - Feb 23 by RegencyBlue

I beg to differ!

Obviously Evans can’t be sacked because he is the current owner but he is most definitely responsible for the mess the club has become.

Twelve years of his inept decision making is the only constant in our continuing demise. Whoever the manager was we would have ended up in League 1 eventually because you cannot keep selling your better players and replacing them with poorer, cheaper, ones without fatally weakening the club.

All well and good if operating at a profit, then it is the owners fault but if the budget remains consistent and run at a loss it is all on the manager

All this energy on Evans out on 16:17 - Feb 23 with 1598 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Energy on Paul Lambert is probably equally wasted.

The man won’t be leaving anytime soon, he’s on a five year deal, you know Evans, there is no way on gods green earth he will be paying up a 5 year deal + back room staff.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

All this energy on Evans out on 16:45 - Feb 23 with 1544 viewsKeaneish

All this energy on Evans out on 15:57 - Feb 23 by Bluefish

All well and good if operating at a profit, then it is the owners fault but if the budget remains consistent and run at a loss it is all on the manager

Evans is the only one making the decisions about HIS enterprise's future. His enterprise is failing and has failed consistently since the day he walked in due to a multitude of reasons ie: investment, appointments, due diligence, risk mitigation etc... Regardless of P&L he's accountable being the 87.5% majority shareholder and has a duty of care to his shareholders and community.

6 managers have failed to get us anywhere because of the constraints they operate under or because of their shortcomings and the club has declined. Any CEO of a company would have been sacked a long time ago especially given the financial decline from Championship to League One. Evans is accountable for the business, the business being a results driven football club.

The P&L report is a fraction of all determining factors that constitute a football club's success.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024