Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Midfielders dont want the ball 12:30 - Mar 4 with 2048 viewsMartus

Nolan was rubbish yesterday - and i watched him closely. He never wants the ball, and when he gets it, he just passes it so he doesnt have it. It's never a pass forward, or looking forward to see if he can travel forwards - its always sideways and backwards. He is just a pointless midfielder.

We just need to get midefielders on the ball and pass it through them. Dozell had an kay game - few good passes and looked positive. Sometimes he didnt chase back and lacked urgency - but some of his passes were more positive than anything the others did. Judge, very similar small flashes - but just feel he needs better players around him on the same wave length - which he had with Dozzell on a few instances.

I really like Bishop - only positve midfielder we have and needs to start. Play him deeper and get his to take the ball off the defenders/goalkeeper and let him take it forward. Same with Huws - positive midfielder.

I dont want to see Skuse or Nolan play anymore - pointless midfielders who arent positive. We dont need midfielders whos only job is t keep the ball moving - because that others nothing. We need midfielders to be positive and look forward!!
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 12:36]

"Bobby conquered Europe!!! And we won the FA cuuuuup!"

Midfielders dont want the ball on 12:31 - Mar 4 with 2030 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Not the first time it has been said about Nolan. The safest player I have seen in midfield. He is literally Mr. 5 Yard.

Been a problem for years that we don't build through the thirds. We tend to skip the middle third out completely.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Midfielders dont want the ball on 12:32 - Mar 4 with 2022 viewsStokieBlue

Judge is just as bad as Nolan.

There is only so long one can keep saying that he will get better - he's rubbish and shot to bits.

Neither should play for us again.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Midfielders dont want the ball on 12:37 - Mar 4 with 1959 viewsGarv

Midfielders dont want the ball on 12:32 - Mar 4 by StokieBlue

Judge is just as bad as Nolan.

There is only so long one can keep saying that he will get better - he's rubbish and shot to bits.

Neither should play for us again.

SB

Judge was miles better than Nolan. But he too can be negative when he could go forward.

Judge is at least unpredictable at times.

His legs have gone though.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Midfielders dont want the ball on 12:45 - Mar 4 with 1918 viewsStokieBlue

Midfielders dont want the ball on 12:37 - Mar 4 by Garv

Judge was miles better than Nolan. But he too can be negative when he could go forward.

Judge is at least unpredictable at times.

His legs have gone though.

Don't agree. Judge was utterly useless. Both were totally ineffectual.

Neither should play for us again. They offer nothing.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Midfielders dont want the ball on 12:55 - Mar 4 with 1873 viewsGarv

Midfielders dont want the ball on 12:45 - Mar 4 by StokieBlue

Don't agree. Judge was utterly useless. Both were totally ineffectual.

Neither should play for us again. They offer nothing.

SB

Agree to disagree. Judge is more positive than Nolan and doesn't hide, which I think Nolan does. All our central midfielders hid from the ball most the game, no one wanted it off Holy.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Midfielders dont want the ball on 13:11 - Mar 4 with 1799 viewshampstead_blue

Agree about Nolan.
Skuse I do think has a role for the rest of the season.
He can fill in, as he has been doing, when required.

Nolan and others are killing us as much as PL's poor tactics.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Midfielders dont want the ball on 13:28 - Mar 4 with 1750 viewswrightsrightglove

I've watched Nolan a bit recently as well and to me he seems to mark himself out of the game quite a lot. Effectively positioning himself on the other side of the pitch to the ball and standing near opposition players so that he doesn't get the ball. Definitely time that he's moved on, if anyone will take him off our hands.
Midfielders dont want the ball on 13:47 - Mar 4 with 1689 viewsDevereuxxx

Our midfielders certainly have a habit of hiding.

Although obviously a massive difference in calibre of player, look at Bruno Fernandes since he's joined Man Utd. He constantly wants the ball, is positive and keeps them driving forward. Our midfielders get the ball and can't wait to get rid, or just turn back and pass it to one of the CB's to hoof it down the channels.
Login to get fewer ads

Midfielders dont want the ball on 13:53 - Mar 4 with 1671 viewsBiGDonnie

Oooooh, you said a bad word about Skuse, you'll be in trouble with the TWTD massive!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Midfielders dont want the ball on 13:55 - Mar 4 with 1653 viewsr2d2

The midfielders we have are all too pedestrian. Slow, no pace. But then you can say that about the whole team. We have no pace.
Midfielders dont want the ball on 14:02 - Mar 4 with 1610 viewsblueislander

Midfielders dont want the ball on 13:47 - Mar 4 by Devereuxxx

Our midfielders certainly have a habit of hiding.

Although obviously a massive difference in calibre of player, look at Bruno Fernandes since he's joined Man Utd. He constantly wants the ball, is positive and keeps them driving forward. Our midfielders get the ball and can't wait to get rid, or just turn back and pass it to one of the CB's to hoof it down the channels.

The hoofball we play is largely to blame for this. Even if the keeper does play it out short, it invariably comes back to him to hoof it. Holly’s kicking was amazingly accurate last night. Everyone of his long kicks went straight on to a defender’s forehead. It beggars belief that these professional footballers cannot see that with Keane playing as a loan striker/target man, the ball has to be played to his feet, or at least his chest. Keane is also very static. Jackson at least is mobile.
Midfielders dont want the ball on 17:50 - Mar 4 with 1462 viewsbritbiker

Cant believe that weve been saying how great our midfield players are individually, yet ive rarely seen them dominate a game as a unit this season
Midfielders dont want the ball on 18:19 - Mar 4 with 1416 viewsstrikalite

Midfielders dont want the ball on 17:50 - Mar 4 by britbiker

Cant believe that weve been saying how great our midfield players are individually, yet ive rarely seen them dominate a game as a unit this season

Judge is simply nowhere near the player I remember he was at Brentford that's for sure, obvious why they let him go, he's lost a yard, and where is the player who could score goals from just outside the box?

Nolan, just totally kills anything on the break, have you ever seen Nolan carry the ball even ten yards into space? Tell me, I don't go that much but I can see the player he is from the games I've been too. Safe.Sideways. It's not enough....
Midfielders dont want the ball on 18:21 - Mar 4 with 1403 viewsplayoffblues

Nolan's longest, quickest and most effective run last night was when he was substituted!
Midfielders dont want the ball on 18:23 - Mar 4 with 1388 viewsSwansea_Blue

Midfielders dont want the ball on 12:31 - Mar 4 by TheTrueBlue1878

Not the first time it has been said about Nolan. The safest player I have seen in midfield. He is literally Mr. 5 Yard.

Been a problem for years that we don't build through the thirds. We tend to skip the middle third out completely.

I agree with that too. It’s ok if that person is screening the back four, breaking up play and keeping things ticking over, but Nolan doesn’t do that. He’s in positions where we need players who make things happen.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024