Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has there ever been a bigger divide in a single week before? 09:30 - Mar 5 with 2443 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

In the same weel we lose 1-0 at home to a goal scored by Ched Evans and a team managed by Joey Barton, a team so small they brought 88 fans and condemned us to 6 defeats in 8 in the third tier as we sit in our lowest league position for 60 years …

… the sister botherers down the road are beat a team in the Champions League places to keep their Premier League survival hopes alive and then follow it up by winning at a team in the Champions League knockout places to make the last 8 of the most famous cup competition in the world.

This must be the biggest gap between the two of us in terms of achievements since we won the UEFA Cup. Even when we were regularly taking on the best in Europe, they were largely a decent side in the division below.

Yet 18 months ago we took the lead against them and were set to be above them in the table. A few months before that we actually finished above them in the table.

I'm more worried with what we are doing, but when they finished below us less than 2 years ago, it only compounds the suffering and highlights how grim things are, if defeat to Fleetwood doesn't do that plenty.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Has there ever been a bigger divide in a single week before? on 09:33 - Mar 5 with 2415 viewsOxford_Blue

They have been ahead of us for years. Forget about them. It will only bring yet more pain.

Even if they get relegated they get £90m, which is about the level of our entire debt.
Has there ever been a bigger divide in a single week before? on 09:35 - Mar 5 with 2408 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

As I just said on a different Post.

Stuart Webber is the main reason for this divide. A man in a position of power who gets football and has a strategy and has carried Norwich to there, with astute signings and backing and supporting the manager.

We can blame Lambert all we want, and I do think he is out of his depth and should go. However, without someone at this football club who gets football and can implement a plan, we are stuffed. We have to get this point over to Evans or Lamberts replacement will fail, and the man after that will fail.

That is the main difference between us and that has caused the divide

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Has there ever been a bigger divide in a single week before? on 09:39 - Mar 5 with 2360 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Has there ever been a bigger divide in a single week before? on 09:35 - Mar 5 by TRUE_BLUE123

Stuart Webber is the main reason for this divide. A man in a position of power who gets football and has a strategy and has carried Norwich to there, with astute signings and backing and supporting the manager.

We can blame Lambert all we want, and I do think he is out of his depth and should go. However, without someone at this football club who gets football and can implement a plan, we are stuffed. We have to get this point over to Evans or Lamberts replacement will fail, and the man after that will fail.

Evans is at fault for us being in League One and Lambert is at fault for us likely still being there.

The more years that pass down here, the more the budget will be League One and the less fault it'll be of the manager for not getting promoted.

Right now Lambert is awful and has to go. An average manager should have us in the top 6 or better.

But the only reason we are here, with a crap manager is Evans.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Has there ever been a bigger divide in a single week before? on 09:40 - Mar 5 with 2334 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Has there ever been a bigger divide in a single week before? on 09:39 - Mar 5 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Evans is at fault for us being in League One and Lambert is at fault for us likely still being there.

The more years that pass down here, the more the budget will be League One and the less fault it'll be of the manager for not getting promoted.

Right now Lambert is awful and has to go. An average manager should have us in the top 6 or better.

But the only reason we are here, with a crap manager is Evans.

Correct.

Lambert out short term and we need to be realistic. Evans out doesn't mean anything, he isn't going anywhere. Somehow he just has to get himself some help and structure

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Has there ever been a bigger divide in a single week before? on 10:30 - Mar 5 with 2240 viewsFTP

Has there ever been a bigger divide in a single week before? on 09:35 - Mar 5 by TRUE_BLUE123

This, exactly. We need a different structure. We could do alot worse than copy their model. Lambert is a donosaur and needs to go asap but we need a serious plan and quickly. Going to be a long road back but it can be done. ME needs help. A proper football brain.
Has there ever been a bigger divide in a single week before? on 10:37 - Mar 5 with 2204 viewsusm

And we are apparently contemplating employing Neil Warnock.

Yes, the very same Colin that got his players to feign injury to get a match abandoned.

Aint life great???

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Has there ever been a bigger divide in a single week before? on 10:47 - Mar 5 with 2132 viewsWeekender

This

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Has there ever been a bigger divide in a single week before? on 11:01 - Mar 5 with 2059 viewsHarry_Palmer

That fact that we finished above them less than 2 years ago shows that there is always hope though. They have progressed rapidly since then because they had a plan in place and it came to fruition. The biggest single problem we have is the lack of football knowledge and leadership at the top of the club and subsequently the lack of a clear football strategy / plan.

Lambert has failed miserably this season and needs to be replaced but as other posters have pointed out we desperately need a change of structure within the football club.
Login to get fewer ads

Has there ever been a bigger divide in a single week before? on 11:07 - Mar 5 with 2024 viewsdavblue

Has there ever been a bigger divide in a single week before? on 10:30 - Mar 5 by FTP

This, exactly. We need a different structure. We could do alot worse than copy their model. Lambert is a donosaur and needs to go asap but we need a serious plan and quickly. Going to be a long road back but it can be done. ME needs help. A proper football brain.

As part of the 5 point plan, Evan's wanted attacking technical football. Has Lambert ever been known as that type of manager? For me no, hes been a counter attacking, high intensity game.

Our recruitment of managers to suit the 5 point plan has to be better or it's just a sham.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 11:08]
Has there ever been a bigger divide in a single week before? on 11:08 - Mar 5 with 2014 viewsKieran_Knows

I make you right.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Has there ever been a bigger divide in a single week before? on 12:29 - Mar 5 with 1794 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Has there ever been a bigger divide in a single week before? on 11:08 - Mar 5 by Kieran_Knows

I make you right.

The bigger problem is that whoever is at the club in a DoF type role clearly cannot make decisions.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 12:29]
Has there ever been a bigger divide in a single week before? on 12:48 - Mar 5 with 1726 viewsIllinoisblue

There is a lot of truth in this although let’s not underestimate how easy it is to appear smart and wise when you have parachute millions in your back pocket.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Has there ever been a bigger divide in a single week before? on 14:10 - Mar 5 with 1476 viewsKeaneish

Agree. Talk of plans are handed down to us but they never really have any metrics applied to them and all too often they're forgotten before any semblance of implementation is questioned. As you say, its the core directorship and business plan which is failing, the manager is a spoke on a much larger wheel. Until we address bigger issues, the next manager will fail too.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024