Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember when we were last quite good ? 13:10 - Mar 6 with 1201 viewsFenboyBlue

What was the best team assembled under Evans tenure, when we got into the play-offs in 6th.
I had to look it up, to jog the memory.
2014-2015
Bart, Chambo, Berra, Smith, Mings, Skuse, Tabb, Bishop or Bru, Anderson, Murphy, McGoldrick or Sears
Some of them used to get slagged off too.
Those were the days. Only 5 years ago!
Remember when we were last quite good ? on 13:12 - Mar 6 with 1172 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I enjoyed that team, some really good performances.

4-1 vs Leeds. The wins against Watford and Wolves.

Murphy scoring so many that eventually he got bored of celebrating helped of course.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Remember when we were last quite good ? on 13:21 - Mar 6 with 1135 viewsFenboyBlue

Was that the year that the team went a bit hipster beard crazy too ? Crazy days.
Remember when we were last quite good ? on 13:23 - Mar 6 with 1124 viewsSwansea_Blue

And things weren't always that good even then; post Christmas the wheels fell off a bit. All relative though and I'm sure we'd jump at the chance to be challenging for the Championship playoffs now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Remember when we were last quite good ? on 13:31 - Mar 6 with 1095 viewsBrianTablet

A bit like looking back fondly at white dog poo.

TWTD

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Remember when we were last quite good ? on 13:35 - Mar 6 with 1075 viewsHalf_Idiot

Remember when we were last quite good ? on 13:23 - Mar 6 by Swansea_Blue

And things weren't always that good even then; post Christmas the wheels fell off a bit. All relative though and I'm sure we'd jump at the chance to be challenging for the Championship playoffs now.

It was that bloody Derby game when Mick's tenure here started to turn south
Remember when we were last quite good ? on 14:07 - Mar 6 with 1021 viewsVaughan8

Bru was mostly rubbish, too lightweight...……but would probably walk into this team now.

Anderson and Tabb as wingers. Not a great deal of creativity but worked hard....!

Each year you think it can't get much worse and it does haha
I loved Ando. (n/t) on 14:16 - Mar 6 with 1008 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Remember when we were last quite good ? on 19:26 - Mar 6 with 885 viewspatrickswell

Remember when we were last quite good ? on 13:35 - Mar 6 by Half_Idiot

I think the period when Mick’s reign started to tip the wrong way was that fortnight in which we lost 5-1 at Reading, played a weakened team at Old Trafford (thus deflating those who had followed the team up there) only to snatch a late draw in the next league match against Bristol City and then labour to a defeat at Blackburn. It all seemed to get tighter, tenser and progressively more anguished over the next 2 and a half years
Login to get fewer ads

Remember when we were last quite good ? on 19:31 - Mar 6 with 873 viewsPJH

Remember when we were last quite good ? on 19:26 - Mar 6 by patrickswell

I think the period when Mick’s reign started to tip the wrong way was that fortnight in which we lost 5-1 at Reading, played a weakened team at Old Trafford (thus deflating those who had followed the team up there) only to snatch a late draw in the next league match against Bristol City and then labour to a defeat at Blackburn. It all seemed to get tighter, tenser and progressively more anguished over the next 2 and a half years

I do not agree your reference to the Man U half and half scarf game because I cannot understand anyone going expecting to see our full first team especially as it had, I think, been announced beforehand that it would not be.
Remember when we were last quite good ? on 20:07 - Mar 6 with 819 viewsEly_Blue

Remember when we were last quite good ? on 13:35 - Mar 6 by Half_Idiot

Actually the game for me that season where it started to go downhill was Dec 30th vs Charlton, we won 3-0 but it was the most undeserved win in a long time, we were poor and it went downhill from there

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024