Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10th in League One 16:59 - Mar 7 with 1926 viewsMullet

Every team above us has at least a game in hand on us. Our lowest position since 1952/53. We have not just been relegated but almost dropped a whole division, having been top of this pitiful league 6 weeks ago.

How can Lambert possibly carry on? At best he is surely another caretaker for his own job right now. Coventry have been squatting in other people's stadiums, selling every player that has a half decent spell for years, and look likely to win the league at a stroll right now.

The contrast between us and them is stark. Every mistake Evans makes seem to be fatal. Keeping this going will be just another one.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

It’s been fairly obvious for a while on 17:04 - Mar 7 with 1814 viewsSwansea_Blue

we’re playing like we’ll end up between 12th and 15th.

Everyone’s relying on the ‘easy’ games to come. But all those teams have been doing better than us. He shouldn’t carry on. Although I doubt changing the manager will help either.

What a mess.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It’s been fairly obvious for a while on 17:06 - Mar 7 with 1765 viewspatrickswell

It’s been fairly obvious for a while on 17:04 - Mar 7 by Swansea_Blue

we’re playing like we’ll end up between 12th and 15th.

Everyone’s relying on the ‘easy’ games to come. But all those teams have been doing better than us. He shouldn’t carry on. Although I doubt changing the manager will help either.

What a mess.

Gillingham got a late equaliser at Sunderland so we’re now 1 point off 11th place too.

Downes and Jackson return next week which is something, but then I remember that these last 9 games could be Downes’s farewell and putting any faith in Jackson is a mug’s game.
10th in League One on 17:08 - Mar 7 with 1717 viewsbrazil1982

It's a disgusting situation. I'm so fed up with this.
10th in League One on 17:10 - Mar 7 with 1661 viewsOxford_Blue

I wouldn’t even look at the table anymore. It’s irrelevant now for us.
10th in League One on 17:27 - Mar 7 with 1444 viewsblueconscience

Just Be proud and grateful that the club even exists to be in the position it is!!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

10th in League One on 17:28 - Mar 7 with 1429 viewsMoriarty

Mathematics say we can make the playoffs. Common sense screams otherwise.

Assuming ME has a get out clause if we don’t make the playoffs, Lambert should offer to settle his contract on the basis of common sense. And he should do so now.

But on whose head will next rest the crown, whether mathematics or common sense prevail? Assuming Burley won’t happen, then I’d like to see Carlos Corberan here. I doubt it will happen though.

fka omuircheartaigh

10th in League One on 18:24 - Mar 7 with 1154 viewsAlexwaddell

10th in League One on 17:28 - Mar 7 by Moriarty

Mathematics say we can make the playoffs. Common sense screams otherwise.

Assuming ME has a get out clause if we don’t make the playoffs, Lambert should offer to settle his contract on the basis of common sense. And he should do so now.

But on whose head will next rest the crown, whether mathematics or common sense prevail? Assuming Burley won’t happen, then I’d like to see Carlos Corberan here. I doubt it will happen though.

Maybe we should bring in Burley and Butcher, at least till end of season and see how the last 8 games go....while looki g for a full time replacement cos we are totally toothless

Poll: What was today?

10th in League One on 18:47 - Mar 7 with 1045 viewsChurchman

We are just trying to find our true level - probably the division below or lower. Today was a good effort to lose narrowly to a team a league better than ours in big club Coventry. We should be grateful that we got a few lucky results early in the season because we belong near the bottom.

We are minnows punching well above our weight in real terms. (a consistently underfunded shambles of a club with poor and disinterested players, one or two better players looking for their next move ‘helped’ by a manager who is powerless to do anything through his own incompetence and an owner whose interests have nothing to do with ITFC). We are just not competitive in any way and next season will be probably be a lot worse.

The future could not be more bleak. It’s so sad especially for the 1000s who paid good money for what? Thanks Sheepshanks and Evans. I’m sure the directors at Carrot Road will make you both welcome as guests. In their shoes, I would?
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 19:36]
Login to get fewer ads

10th in League One on 20:28 - Mar 7 with 816 viewsMoriarty

10th in League One on 18:24 - Mar 7 by Alexwaddell

Maybe we should bring in Burley and Butcher, at least till end of season and see how the last 8 games go....while looki g for a full time replacement cos we are totally toothless

Given ME hasn’t yet acted, I assume he’ll wait till our chances of the playoffs are done, unless he agrees something with PL in the meantime.

Having GB back, even for a short time, is something I’d like to see.

fka omuircheartaigh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024