Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who would you want to actually stay? 22:05 - Mar 7 with 5700 viewsDinnernotTea

Loads saying (and rightly so) sack the players as well. Obviously that isn't going to happen. But come August who do you NOT want here? So many I'd happily not see wear our blue ever again. For me:

Chambers
Skuse
Judge
Keane
Nolan
Kenlock
Donacien
Nsiala

Whoever is Evans' next victim he will have a huge rebuild on his hands.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

So who would you want to actually stay? on 10:28 - Mar 8 with 2201 viewsDinnernotTea

So who would you want to actually stay? on 06:50 - Mar 8 by stopmoaning

I cannot fathom why anyone would ever suggest he manages town.

To be honest though, I am at a loss as to why anyone would let Norwood go too like suggested above.

You cannot fathom why a manager who keeps on punching well above his weight would be wanted? 11th last season and looking top 10 this season, all with effectively a village team attached to Blackpool. I saw enough in their football and approach when they were here to want him. Didn't you?

Footballers are egotistical vvankers so the Hurst comparison doesn't wash. Losers like Chambers wouldn't down tools with Barton like he has the last 2 managers, Barton more of a name. And by the way Hurst was bang on after that Exeter game, he knew the football club was powder puff and a lot of senior pros needed moving on, he just completely went around it the wrong way.

So who would you want to actually stay? on 10:33 - Mar 8 with 2194 viewsgazzer1999

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:14 - Mar 7 by DinnernotTea

For me it's Joey Barton. As a character he wouldn't have allowed what we've served up this season (especially, yet again, from our senior pros). And he clearly gets poor players to play way above their level. All done with not a pot to piss in.

No brainer.

So what you are actually saying is you do not need an owner to keep putting money in, you just need to have an infrastructure in place that will coach players through the ranks to the first team.
Funny that, just what happened during Sir Bobby's reign.
So who would you want to actually stay? on 11:10 - Mar 8 with 2171 viewsDinnernotTea

So who would you want to actually stay? on 10:33 - Mar 8 by gazzer1999

So what you are actually saying is you do not need an owner to keep putting money in, you just need to have an infrastructure in place that will coach players through the ranks to the first team.
Funny that, just what happened during Sir Bobby's reign.

I know it's not as simple as that, especially in today's mental football world but anyone saying no to Barton just listen to his interviews pre and post match against us. Yeah he has a mad side but my god he speaks some sense without the usual cliche dogsht.

Because he's learnt the ropes at Fleetwood I can't see him demanding £1m each window which obviously will never happen here. He seems to get a buzz out of making poor players better.

So who would you want to actually stay? on 11:29 - Mar 8 with 2163 viewsTangledupin_Blue

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:21 - Mar 7 by StokieBlue

Jackson?

He's been probably our best player. 26 is close to 24 so can we sneak him inside a laundry basket or something?

SB

This pretty well says it all.

Jackson has, indeed, been one of our better players this season; certainly our best striker.

But, decent person that he undoubtedly is, he simply is not a good enough player for a team hoping to make the Championship... and stay there.

During Hurst's disastrous tenure we replaced Waghorn and Garner with Harrison and Jackson. We traded down, similarly, all over the pitch, losing players of Championship quality and replacing them with inferior third-raters.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

So who would you want to actually stay? on 12:34 - Mar 8 with 2133 viewsStewart27

The only players I’d keep are:

KVY
Wolf
Downes

We’re rotten.

Anybody that says Chambers and Skuse are delusional and have no care for our club.
So who would you want to actually stay? on 12:40 - Mar 8 with 2128 viewsBLUEBEAT

The ones which will be sold (and for a pittance, no doubt) will be the ones I want to stay.

It’s the Ipswich way.

Poll: W or W

So who would you want to actually stay? on 12:55 - Mar 8 with 2111 viewslongtimefan

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:15 - Mar 7 by SpruceMoose

If JB is ever associated with ITFC then the ITFC I know and have loved will be well and truly dead and buried.

We don't need the stain of another violent thug being our manager on top of every else.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 22:19]

That’s what I felt when Keane was appointed
So who would you want to actually stay? on 14:21 - Mar 8 with 2082 viewsPecker

Other than Jackson and KVY, I would struggle to put a case forward for any of the others to stay. Total refresh needed.
Login to get fewer ads

So who would you want to actually stay? on 14:39 - Mar 8 with 2072 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Think that list is fair. Although would throw Danny Rowe in there (never fit), possibly Jordan Roberts, Freddie Sears (hard work, endeavour, but not really good enough).

Karl Robinson for me as a replacement.

Won't be any huge rebuild on the horizon though on our budget, I do suspect some budget cutbacks in the summer though, possibly a few out, barely any in.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

So who would you want to actually stay? on 14:45 - Mar 8 with 2062 viewslongtimefan

So who would you want to actually stay? on 14:39 - Mar 8 by TheTrueBlue1878

Think that list is fair. Although would throw Danny Rowe in there (never fit), possibly Jordan Roberts, Freddie Sears (hard work, endeavour, but not really good enough).

Karl Robinson for me as a replacement.

Won't be any huge rebuild on the horizon though on our budget, I do suspect some budget cutbacks in the summer though, possibly a few out, barely any in.

Karl Robinson will likely be a Championship manager next year. Why would he come here?
So who would you want to actually stay? on 15:33 - Mar 8 with 2030 viewsbluesym

Add Sears to the list

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

So who would you want to actually stay? on 15:36 - Mar 8 with 2025 viewsHerbivore

So who would you want to actually stay? on 22:41 - Mar 7 by SpruceMoose

You say that now but when he's stubbing a cigar out on Klug's eyelid...

And signing Ched Evans.....

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So who would you want to actually stay? on 15:42 - Mar 8 with 2018 viewspistonbroke

So who would you want to actually stay? on 15:36 - Mar 8 by Herbivore

And signing Ched Evans.....

What signing a striker who knows how to score goals
So who would you want to actually stay? on 15:47 - Mar 8 with 2010 viewsHerbivore

So who would you want to actually stay? on 15:42 - Mar 8 by pistonbroke

What signing a striker who knows how to score goals

He's a bit too rapey for me. Some things are more important than football.

So who would you want to actually stay? on 15:48 - Mar 8 with 2010 viewspistonbroke

So who would you want to actually stay? on 15:47 - Mar 8 by Herbivore

He's a bit too rapey for me. Some things are more important than football.

So did his conviction get overturned
So who would you want to actually stay? on 15:49 - Mar 8 with 2001 viewsHerbivore

So who would you want to actually stay? on 15:48 - Mar 8 by pistonbroke

So did his conviction get overturned

It did, but he's still scum.

So who would you want to actually stay? on 15:50 - Mar 8 with 2003 viewspistonbroke

So who would you want to actually stay? on 15:49 - Mar 8 by Herbivore

It did, but he's still scum.

So his conviction got overturned and he was not guilty
So who would you want to actually stay? on 15:54 - Mar 8 with 1997 viewsHerbivore

So who would you want to actually stay? on 15:50 - Mar 8 by pistonbroke

So his conviction got overturned and he was not guilty

The jury felt there was reasonable doubt. I've read quite a bit about the case and I have my view on it. If you would be happy for us to sign him then that's your view, it's not one I respect.

So who would you want to actually stay? on 15:59 - Mar 8 with 1996 viewspistonbroke

So who would you want to actually stay? on 15:54 - Mar 8 by Herbivore

The jury felt there was reasonable doubt. I've read quite a bit about the case and I have my view on it. If you would be happy for us to sign him then that's your view, it's not one I respect.

Fair comment herbie we all think different , the way I see it is , I think most of us on here
when we were younger have been out to a club , got pissed up and have ended up going back with some lady , you wake up in the morning and think , who the hell is that laying next to me , did you ask them for sex or did you just get on with it ? this lady realised ched Evans was high profile and tried to get a pay off , that’s my opinion , I respect the fact that yours may be different
So who would you want to actually stay? on 16:01 - Mar 8 with 1992 viewsHerbivore

So who would you want to actually stay? on 15:59 - Mar 8 by pistonbroke

Fair comment herbie we all think different , the way I see it is , I think most of us on here
when we were younger have been out to a club , got pissed up and have ended up going back with some lady , you wake up in the morning and think , who the hell is that laying next to me , did you ask them for sex or did you just get on with it ? this lady realised ched Evans was high profile and tried to get a pay off , that’s my opinion , I respect the fact that yours may be different

That's not what happened. And she's made nothing from it, her life has been made hell.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 16:01]

So who would you want to actually stay? on 16:08 - Mar 8 with 1987 viewspistonbroke

So who would you want to actually stay? on 16:01 - Mar 8 by Herbivore

That's not what happened. And she's made nothing from it, her life has been made hell.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 16:01]

There are only 2 people who know what really happened , her and ched Evans , I like to have faith in the judicial system , and he was found not guilty , anyway it’s clear we ain’t gonna agree on this so best leave it there , you’ve rightly got your opinion and I’ve got mine , pointless arguing about it because neither of us was there and know exactly what happened
So who would you want to actually stay? on 16:14 - Mar 8 with 1982 viewsHerbivore

So who would you want to actually stay? on 16:08 - Mar 8 by pistonbroke

There are only 2 people who know what really happened , her and ched Evans , I like to have faith in the judicial system , and he was found not guilty , anyway it’s clear we ain’t gonna agree on this so best leave it there , you’ve rightly got your opinion and I’ve got mine , pointless arguing about it because neither of us was there and know exactly what happened

The example you gave isn't what happened. The facts of the night actually aren't really in dispute. But as you say I doubt we're going to agree in any case. I wouldn't have the scumbag anywhere near my club.

So who would you want to actually stay? on 17:26 - Mar 8 with 1951 viewsBlueForYou

Anyone with links to McCarthy & Hurst.
So who would you want to actually stay? on 18:26 - Mar 8 with 1937 viewsjayessess

I think if you get the right manager you see some players absolutely transformed, so it's difficult to say exactly which ones I'd get rid of. Who knows, maybe some of them turn it around under a new boss?

I'd say that's one of the reasons it's such a shame we've clearly decided to wait until the Summer. Whoever comes in isn't going to have the chance to work with the players when it matters and work out who might be up to it and who not.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024