Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skuse 13:07 - Mar 8 with 6349 viewsstewartm

Is the most ineffective defensive midfielder I have watched (that includes the last two seasons) and no wonder Ipswich have looked brittle at the back for years, with this man in front of captain calamity any team who run at us or fight for rebounds will usually score, dread to mention move into space or play one twos. You can sack as many managers as you like BUT until the ‘dead wood’ is cleared out and Ipswich really do start afresh, then with the likes of Skuse Chambers Dozzell Kenlock and sh,t loans we are in serious trouble!

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Skuse on 14:10 - Mar 8 with 4550 viewsEnigma_Blue

A bit harsh on Dozzell who at least has some talent and potential.
Skuse on 15:39 - Mar 8 with 4472 viewsArnieM

You didn’t notice Nolan then ? And don’t say he was an Attacking MF cos then it makes him even worse!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Skuse on 15:39 - Mar 8 with 4471 viewspistonbroke

Skuse on 14:10 - Mar 8 by Enigma_Blue

A bit harsh on Dozzell who at least has some talent and potential.

Not harsh on Dozzell at all , what has he offered any time he has been on the pitch
Skuse on 15:41 - Mar 8 with 4459 viewsjeera

Troll.

Pop by, make some controversial comment, log off.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Skuse on 15:51 - Mar 8 with 4447 viewsitfcjoe

Yes, a CB and a holding midfielder who is in and out of the side are definitely the thing holding back a side who haven’t scored in 6 of the last 9 games.

Add in a young midfielder who has played twice since the turn of the year and a left back who has played 2 league games since September and you’ve hit the nail on the head.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Skuse on 17:24 - Mar 8 with 4366 viewslondontractorboy57

Skuse on 15:51 - Mar 8 by itfcjoe

Yes, a CB and a holding midfielder who is in and out of the side are definitely the thing holding back a side who haven’t scored in 6 of the last 9 games.

Add in a young midfielder who has played twice since the turn of the year and a left back who has played 2 league games since September and you’ve hit the nail on the head.

Thought he was one of the better players yesterday.
Skuse on 17:25 - Mar 8 with 4358 viewsitfcjoe

Skuse on 17:24 - Mar 8 by londontractorboy57

Thought he was one of the better players yesterday.

Doesn’t matter, him and Chambers are automatically blamed by some for everything at the club that goes wrong

Skuse on 17:32 - Mar 8 with 4336 viewsMullet

Skuse on 17:25 - Mar 8 by itfcjoe

Doesn’t matter, him and Chambers are automatically blamed by some for everything at the club that goes wrong

The chatroom had a couple trying that incessantly through the game it seems. I'm not even sure they had a feed or anything as it was all about how Hurst was hard done by, was undermined by Mick's players and it was Mick who took us down by proxy etc.

Utter stupid bullsh1t. Even the leaks were claimed to be fabricated to protect the players it seems.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Skuse on 17:46 - Mar 8 with 4310 viewsclive_baker

Undoubtedly a player coming towards the end of his time here I would think, but I don't understand the hyperbole around Skuse and his contribution. He's OK, physically strong and has a decent range of passing. He's been a good servant and was a key part of the side that finished in the Championship playoffs, but equally has spent mot of his time at that level in bottom half sides and has 2 championship relegations on his CV. League 1 is probably about his level right now. He's no more or less than that, I don't know why he's so polarising in terms of people's opinion on him.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 17:48]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Skuse on 17:49 - Mar 8 with 4288 viewsjas0999

Skuse has been an excellent player for us. But no more. Past his best and needs to go in the summer if this club is to move forward.
Skuse on 17:50 - Mar 8 with 4288 viewsitfcjoe

Skuse on 17:46 - Mar 8 by clive_baker

Undoubtedly a player coming towards the end of his time here I would think, but I don't understand the hyperbole around Skuse and his contribution. He's OK, physically strong and has a decent range of passing. He's been a good servant and was a key part of the side that finished in the Championship playoffs, but equally has spent mot of his time at that level in bottom half sides and has 2 championship relegations on his CV. League 1 is probably about his level right now. He's no more or less than that, I don't know why he's so polarising in terms of people's opinion on him.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 17:48]

I don’t think views are polarised, some people who were basically total Mick out-ers think he’d struggle to get in the Belstead Arms 2nd XI, whereas others think he’s a dependable enough midfielder who is a squad option not a regular starter

I don’t think there are many who would put him in a strongest XI when all fit, including Lambert

Skuse on 17:54 - Mar 8 with 4271 viewsclive_baker

Skuse on 17:50 - Mar 8 by itfcjoe

I don’t think views are polarised, some people who were basically total Mick out-ers think he’d struggle to get in the Belstead Arms 2nd XI, whereas others think he’s a dependable enough midfielder who is a squad option not a regular starter

I don’t think there are many who would put him in a strongest XI when all fit, including Lambert

That's my point. I would say Belstead Arms 2nd XI vs. dependable enough midfielder in L1 is pretty polarised. He gets dogs abuse off some on here. I can't recall many players that instigate quite so much debate as Skuse.

Skuse on 17:57 - Mar 8 with 4256 viewsitfcjoe

Skuse on 17:54 - Mar 8 by clive_baker

That's my point. I would say Belstead Arms 2nd XI vs. dependable enough midfielder in L1 is pretty polarised. He gets dogs abuse off some on here. I can't recall many players that instigate quite so much debate as Skuse.

But generally it is because those in the first camp are either thick, blinded by hatred of Mick, or both.

Think it’s fairly obvious what he is, and his career proves as such - if he wanted to play next year he won’t be short of offers in the 3rd and 4th tier

Skuse on 18:13 - Mar 8 with 4188 viewsclive_baker

Skuse on 17:57 - Mar 8 by itfcjoe

But generally it is because those in the first camp are either thick, blinded by hatred of Mick, or both.

Think it’s fairly obvious what he is, and his career proves as such - if he wanted to play next year he won’t be short of offers in the 3rd and 4th tier

Just find it odd that Skuse gets all the abuse if your hypothesis is correct. I don't see Sears getting stick like that, or Bialkowski previously.

It's the fact it's very obvious what he is that makes it so weird. I don't doubt he'll have L1 offers in the summer, and good luck to him. I still think he could play a part if the money was right and in line with League 1 squad player expectations. He's one of many in our squad that have a lot more to offer under the right management than they've demonstrated over the past 2 seasons.

Skuse on 18:21 - Mar 8 with 4166 viewsEnigma_Blue

Skuse on 15:39 - Mar 8 by pistonbroke

Not harsh on Dozzell at all , what has he offered any time he has been on the pitch

Has he offered any less than the likes of judge, Nolan & Skuse?
Dozzell is still young and could improve, the likes of Nolan, Skuse and Judge are as good as they are ever going to be.
Skuse on 18:21 - Mar 8 with 4165 viewsPecker

Skuse on 17:49 - Mar 8 by jas0999

Skuse has been an excellent player for us. But no more. Past his best and needs to go in the summer if this club is to move forward.

Skuse has been a good player for us, but should have gone 2 seasons back.
Skuse on 18:32 - Mar 8 with 4129 viewsitfcjoe

Skuse on 18:13 - Mar 8 by clive_baker

Just find it odd that Skuse gets all the abuse if your hypothesis is correct. I don't see Sears getting stick like that, or Bialkowski previously.

It's the fact it's very obvious what he is that makes it so weird. I don't doubt he'll have L1 offers in the summer, and good luck to him. I still think he could play a part if the money was right and in line with League 1 squad player expectations. He's one of many in our squad that have a lot more to offer under the right management than they've demonstrated over the past 2 seasons.

Skuse and Chambers are seen as Mick’s men, people aren’t able to separate them at all as though they are one and the same.

Knudsen was too, think Sears is excused because he is seen as a player who was ‘ruined’ by Mick by being played out wide

Skuse on 18:44 - Mar 8 with 4078 viewsMullet

Skuse on 18:13 - Mar 8 by clive_baker

Sears has been missing for 12 months but has definitely had it previously, "weak" "goalshy" etc.

Bart too when people were backing every utterance of Hurst's.

Joe's spot on. You get a checklist of "goals" "Mick's man" the funniest being those that claimed Hurst reinvented Skuse when he was simply trying to make something happen in a dire side. It's really bizarre.

But he's not coming back from the knocks now, time has caught him and there's not much more than a fill in a role for him now. It is that cliched "Makelele role" in terms of being saved for selected games now for Skuse, but I suspect he'll get a Kennedy type deal if the new manager has any sense.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Skuse on 18:55 - Mar 8 with 4036 viewsBluebell

Skuse on 18:44 - Mar 8 by Mullet

Sears has been missing for 12 months but has definitely had it previously, "weak" "goalshy" etc.

Bart too when people were backing every utterance of Hurst's.

Joe's spot on. You get a checklist of "goals" "Mick's man" the funniest being those that claimed Hurst reinvented Skuse when he was simply trying to make something happen in a dire side. It's really bizarre.

But he's not coming back from the knocks now, time has caught him and there's not much more than a fill in a role for him now. It is that cliched "Makelele role" in terms of being saved for selected games now for Skuse, but I suspect he'll get a Kennedy type deal if the new manager has any sense.

I still think Skuse improves the side when he plays especially alongside Downes.

I also think Chambers is a great old head when playing next to the younger players. He was my MOM on Tuesday.

Like you I have a feeling Skuse ( and Chambers) will be offered deals to stay on at the club in some training position.

I know Chambers would love to manage Town eventually.
Skuse on 08:49 - Mar 9 with 3751 viewsNo9

Skuse on 18:32 - Mar 8 by itfcjoe

Skuse and Chambers are seen as Mick’s men, people aren’t able to separate them at all as though they are one and the same.

Knudsen was too, think Sears is excused because he is seen as a player who was ‘ruined’ by Mick by being played out wide

& playing Chmabers as a right back for so long didn't do the player any favours
Skuse on 09:29 - Mar 9 with 3706 viewsOsborneOneNil

Skuse on 17:57 - Mar 8 by itfcjoe

I must be one of the ‘thick’ guys then, Joe. I’ll try not to take offence.

I’ve been involved in the game at all levels for many years, and I simply do not, and have never, rated Skuse in the way some people do. It’s only now that the Skuse lovers are saying he’s possibly past it. He definitely is, and at his ‘peak’ he was, at best, just bang average. In my opinion.
Skuse on 09:32 - Mar 9 with 3691 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I know people see games differently, but I am fed up of hearing the abuse of Dozzell. It is even worse at the ground by people who sit around me just constantly hurling abuse when he isn't crunching someone in a tackle.

I personally think his footballing brain is outstanding, he knows his next pass before he has received the ball, he turns the ball around corner so effectively. I sometimes wonder whether it is actually other people who aren't on his wavelength.

In addition to that, I think he has had 2 good games within 2 poor team performances against 2 good sides this week.

Hope he is continued to be selected.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Skuse on 09:34 - Mar 9 with 3685 viewsPJH

Skuse on 09:29 - Mar 9 by OsborneOneNil

I’ve been involved in the game at all levels for many years, and I simply do not, and have never, rated Skuse in the way some people do. It’s only now that the Skuse lovers are saying he’s possibly past it. He definitely is, and at his ‘peak’ he was, at best, just bang average. In my opinion.

Glad you finished your post with those three words.

I do agree that he cannot go on for ever but as somebody else said in this thread he was one of our better players on Saturday-in my opinion.
Skuse on 09:38 - Mar 9 with 3672 viewsjudespiveyg

Agreed, I don't care what anybody says, if you're a central midfielder you should have scored more than 2 goals in over 250 starts, or at least had 10 assists. It's not like he's a great tackler either, certainly nowhere near Downes or Hyam, so in my mind he isn't even a great defender. Skuse isn't dreadful, but I doubt Ipswich have ever had a player so certifiably average start over 250 games before Skuse.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Skuse on 10:04 - Mar 9 with 3629 viewsitfcjoe

It's not about 'rating' him, I've never personally been his biggest fan and can see thy he gets criticism - but you don't play 500 games in the second tier under a number of different managers if you are hopeless.

But every game we struggle, him and Chambers are seen as the problem when that is far from the case - he is currently a player who is in and out of the side as it is.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024