Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Self serving, lying, uncaring politicians 06:44 - Mar 13 with 1565 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Anyone else think that for the first time in god knows how long we will actually see proper politicians acting in our best interests?

Seems we are aligned. Even if we imagine the politicians care about nothing other than themselves, profits, big society and are happy for the unwashed to suffer whatever (of course this isn’t how they feel but there are big elements of it in politics) they have to get this right.

Being the party that steered the country from disaster and saved thousands of loved ones from potentially passing away could see them set for power for decades. Being the party that people blame for their loved ones passing could see them done for decades.

I absolutely despise the political system in this country and many top politicians and whatever their motives, which well may include being scared for their own elderly relatives or themselves, I have been really proud of the way this situation is being handled, how the advice is being filtered down and how all the usual BS has completely given way to allow us to feel as confident as we can this is being handled to the best of their ability.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Self serving, lying, uncaring politicians on 07:15 - Mar 13 with 1437 viewshoppy

Your title could’ve just been ‘politicians’ really, couldn’t it? Would’ve meant exactly the same thing.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Self serving, lying, uncaring politicians on 07:28 - Mar 13 with 1371 viewsITFC_Forever

Who’d have thought it.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Self serving, lying, uncaring politicians on 08:11 - Mar 13 with 1297 viewsElephantintheRoom

You've been fooled too then.

The way this country is approaching the 'crisis' is defined by the destruction of social care and making the NHS unfit for purpose... - and if truth be told, the selfish and beligerant nature of our population who cannot be trusted to follow the effective measures put in in places like China and Taiwan, even if we had the capacity to do that.. We don't have to the healthcare capacity to cope with a 'normal winter' let alone a new virus that threatens vulnerable patients

So basically ignoring the problem by telling anyone with a cough or a temperature to stay at home and infect everyone around them works on one level but is plain daft on others.

But given the destruction of the health care system by the very people now preaching that 'some of your loved ones will die before their time' is somewhat stomach-turning rather than something to be admired.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Self serving, lying, uncaring politicians on 08:24 - Mar 13 with 1250 viewsr2d2

Why do you keep putting these rants of yours on the football page?
Self serving, lying, uncaring politicians on 09:25 - Mar 13 with 1165 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Self serving, lying, uncaring politicians on 08:11 - Mar 13 by ElephantintheRoom

The way this country is approaching the 'crisis' is defined by the destruction of social care and making the NHS unfit for purpose... - and if truth be told, the selfish and beligerant nature of our population who cannot be trusted to follow the effective measures put in in places like China and Taiwan, even if we had the capacity to do that.. We don't have to the healthcare capacity to cope with a 'normal winter' let alone a new virus that threatens vulnerable patients

So basically ignoring the problem by telling anyone with a cough or a temperature to stay at home and infect everyone around them works on one level but is plain daft on others.

But given the destruction of the health care system by the very people now preaching that 'some of your loved ones will die before their time' is somewhat stomach-turning rather than something to be admired.

What's your solution then Einstein?

Thousands of elderly people die of flu every year. This has a higher death rate and there is currently no vaccine? Exactly how do you keep everyone safe?

It is impossible.

People are going to die. It's heartbreaking but it's a pandemic that nobody can prevent spreading, all you can do is try and slow it down, cope as best as you can and fight as hard as you can.

It would be more irresponsible of politicians to say it was all going to be fine. 10 people have died in the UK already and we had 1 case in Suffolk. Imagine when that's 1,000 cases or 10,000 cases.

I'd genuinely love to know your advice. We had a meeting at work yesterday and people were asked who could work from home and who would need to look after children if schools closed etc. Three people I work with said if the school closed they could still work as their parents would have their kids.

Their parents are:

In their 70's. Massive health issues.
In their 50's. Massive health issues.
In their late 60's. Good health.

For every argument I have seen about shutting down schools, I have seen another saying that children in schools means they are not all being left with elderly, vulnerable relatives for that time.

It's massively complex. There is no right answer. Whatever decision we take you'll never know if it could have been handled better. But for once the politicians are actually affected just as much as us. There's no bribing the coronavirus to go away if you're well off.

Self serving, lying, uncaring politicians on 09:28 - Mar 13 with 1145 viewsSwansea_Blue

Self serving, lying, uncaring politicians on 08:11 - Mar 13 by ElephantintheRoom

Some people like a good presser though.

Yep, I'd have a lot more respect for them if they hadn't spend the last decade dismantling the social safeguards needed to help look after people in times of crisis.

Not just healthcare, this is going to be a miserable time for millions of people due to the increased numbers on the streets, the increased number of people with no income/employment safeguards, the worsening social care position (for which there was no money in the budget, despite an election pledge), etc., etc.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Self serving, lying, uncaring politicians on 09:30 - Mar 13 with 1132 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Self serving, lying, uncaring politicians on 09:28 - Mar 13 by Swansea_Blue

Some people like a good presser though.

Yep, I'd have a lot more respect for them if they hadn't spend the last decade dismantling the social safeguards needed to help look after people in times of crisis.

Not just healthcare, this is going to be a miserable time for millions of people due to the increased numbers on the streets, the increased number of people with no income/employment safeguards, the worsening social care position (for which there was no money in the budget, despite an election pledge), etc., etc.

I don't disagree.

When this all calms down, a vaccine is found and it becomes as manageable as it ever will, I don't doubt we will all be reasonable confident there had been more deaths and suffering than would have been the case 10 years ago, before the NHS was hacked at by greedy, lying, self serving politicians.

It is going to be awful and the time for calling these b*stards out is afterwards. Right now people need to get on board with the advice they are giving that comes from the experts. Everyone wants the same thing now.

Self serving, lying, uncaring politicians on 09:35 - Mar 13 with 1108 viewsSwansea_Blue

Self serving, lying, uncaring politicians on 09:25 - Mar 13 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Thousands of elderly people die of flu every year. This has a higher death rate and there is currently no vaccine? Exactly how do you keep everyone safe?

It is impossible.

People are going to die. It's heartbreaking but it's a pandemic that nobody can prevent spreading, all you can do is try and slow it down, cope as best as you can and fight as hard as you can.

It would be more irresponsible of politicians to say it was all going to be fine. 10 people have died in the UK already and we had 1 case in Suffolk. Imagine when that's 1,000 cases or 10,000 cases.

I'd genuinely love to know your advice. We had a meeting at work yesterday and people were asked who could work from home and who would need to look after children if schools closed etc. Three people I work with said if the school closed they could still work as their parents would have their kids.

Their parents are:

For every argument I have seen about shutting down schools, I have seen another saying that children in schools means they are not all being left with elderly, vulnerable relatives for that time.

It's massively complex. There is no right answer. Whatever decision we take you'll never know if it could have been handled better. But for once the politicians are actually affected just as much as us. There's no bribing the coronavirus to go away if you're well off.

You don't keep everyone safe, but you're better able to cope if your key relevant safeguards are as robust as they can be.

- NHS, 40,000 nurse shortages heading into the crisis is not a good position to be in. We haven't got time to re-address that.
- 5 million workers in the gig/self-employed sector with no to limited safeguards if they are off. That's 20% of our workforce.

And it's not as if these issues haven't been pointed out repeatedly. But people wanted this, so they'll have to put up with the consequences.

I think we're on the same page though.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 9:36]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Self serving, lying, uncaring politicians on 09:44 - Mar 13 with 1070 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Self serving, lying, uncaring politicians on 09:35 - Mar 13 by Swansea_Blue

You don't keep everyone safe, but you're better able to cope if your key relevant safeguards are as robust as they can be.

- NHS, 40,000 nurse shortages heading into the crisis is not a good position to be in. We haven't got time to re-address that.
- 5 million workers in the gig/self-employed sector with no to limited safeguards if they are off. That's 20% of our workforce.

And it's not as if these issues haven't been pointed out repeatedly. But people wanted this, so they'll have to put up with the consequences.

I think we're on the same page though.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 9:36]

We are.

We all knew the NHS, like other services was being f***ed over repeatedly by these lying, snivelling fat toads and people were dying and suffering and now there's a proper global crisis and the suffering and death toll will be massively exacerbated by their actions in the past 10 years or so.

The most ridiculous thing about it is that the voting results by age group seem to suggest those most likely to suffer / pass away now are the ones that largely voted for the very people whose actions may have doomed them.

Heart breaking. This virus would have happened regardless and people would have suffered but it does feel like there's a direct link between lies politicians told that were believed by the very people who will now pay dearest for believing them.

Self serving, lying, uncaring politicians on 10:25 - Mar 13 with 995 viewsBloomBlue

And you've been fooled if you believe any party could invest and create a health service which can handle a virus which could impact 50%+ of the population when we dont even have a cure for it.
Self serving, lying, uncaring politicians on 10:27 - Mar 13 with 985 viewsElephantintheRoom

Self serving, lying, uncaring politicians on 09:25 - Mar 13 by WarkTheWarkITFC

It is impossible.

Their parents are:

There is no sane solution unfortunately. But effectively ignoring the problem and making sure those possibly infected transmit it amongst their nearest and dearest is not a workable solution either - and as it is the very government that destroyed the nation’s healthcare that is advocating this approach it really is beyond belief that people cannot see through it.

The government should have acted much faster and perhaps considered that the Far East knows a thing about containing a genie like this.

The best you can do is vote for a more caring party and insist viable healthcare and community care is top of their agenda. Otherwise next time there will be even fewer facilities and health care professionals

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Self serving, lying, uncaring politicians on 10:27 - Mar 13 with 983 viewsGlasgowBlue

Re your third paragraph. He could suffer the same fate as Churchill, who was seen as taking the country through the war but then disposed of afterwards.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Self serving, lying, uncaring politicians on 10:36 - Mar 13 with 970 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who has advised people "to stay at home and infect everyone around them"? I thought people were being advised to go into isolation, away from everyone around them?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024