Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by 18:34 - Mar 13 with 2479 viewsEdmundo

...in place of the real thing tomorrow, what would you watch?

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 18:37 - Mar 13 with 2039 viewsLord_Lucan

I'd like to watch the 81 UEFA away leg final again because I was so stoned I remember nothing of it - apart from ripping the crotch out of my jeans at full time.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 18:51 - Mar 13 with 1981 viewsPecker

The 5-0 thrashing of them up the road.
If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 18:56 - Mar 13 with 1979 viewsFtnfwest

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 18:37 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

I'd like to watch the 81 UEFA away leg final again because I was so stoned I remember nothing of it - apart from ripping the crotch out of my jeans at full time.

Who were the few loons on that funny lower terrace? Hang on...
If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:00 - Mar 13 with 1975 viewsTrequartista

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 18:37 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:00 - Mar 13 with 1971 viewsLord_Lucan

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 18:56 - Mar 13 by Ftnfwest

Who were the few loons on that funny lower terrace? Hang on...

Do we know each other Ftn?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:04 - Mar 13 with 1964 viewsFtnfwest

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:00 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

Do we know each other Ftn?

Haha would be too much of a claim to fame. I recall we’re pretty close age wise (born 3 weeks before we won the World Cup)
If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:08 - Mar 13 with 1947 viewsLord_Lucan

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:04 - Mar 13 by Ftnfwest

Haha would be too much of a claim to fame. I recall we’re pretty close age wise (born 3 weeks before we won the World Cup)

I genuinely have a very bad memory - I think it's a medical condition.

How do you know this? PM if you want

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:09 - Mar 13 with 1930 viewsPJH

1978 Cup Final and 2000 Play off Final always bring tears to the eyes.

I wish that there was more of 1961/62 on film.
Login to get fewer ads

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:10 - Mar 13 with 1931 viewsWeWereZombies

Well, Neil Warnock would be in charge of a team for a start.

And that team would be Sheffield United and they would be two goals up at Portman Road with thirty five minutes left on the clock and Pablo sent off for a Joe Royle side playing in front of a crowd that had emotionally bade a farewell to a recently passed Dale Roberts who had been former manager George Burley's most consistent and longest serving assistant.

In some other times, before and after, Ipswich supporters may just have accepted the odds and meekly given the occasional round of applause for individual flourishes but the ups and downs of the Burley years followed by Royle's swashbuckling game plans had made us believe that football could be entertaining, and worth cheering to the extent that an all seater stadium could feel like terraces at time.

So when Darren Bent scored we thought a draw might be achievable. And when Ambrose scored with a little over twenty minutes left we began to wonder if settling for a draw was not enough. We had to wait until two minutes from the end for the ten men to provide Darren Bent with the chance that he converted for the winner and after the final whistle Joe Royle made it clear 'we won it for Dale'.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2003/feb/10/match.sport9

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:12 - Mar 13 with 1928 viewsFtnfwest

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:08 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

I genuinely have a very bad memory - I think it's a medical condition.

How do you know this? PM if you want

Obviously getting to that age as well, I thought I remembered you saying once your birthday was something like November 1966. I’ll be impressed with myself if that’s correct. Think the original thread subject that lead to that was a Weller related one
If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:13 - Mar 13 with 1919 viewsblueislander

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:09 - Mar 13 by PJH

1978 Cup Final and 2000 Play off Final always bring tears to the eyes.

I wish that there was more of 1961/62 on film.

Seeing this thread,I just watched the highlights of us beating Manure 6-0 missing three penalties to boot.
If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:17 - Mar 13 with 1913 viewsLord_Lucan

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:12 - Mar 13 by Ftnfwest

Obviously getting to that age as well, I thought I remembered you saying once your birthday was something like November 1966. I’ll be impressed with myself if that’s correct. Think the original thread subject that lead to that was a Weller related one

Ah I see. But no, I am September 65

Anyhoo - back to 81! I ripped my crotch as I was attempting to get over a very high fence with very big spikes on the top and I sort of got stuck at the top and ripped my jeans from knee to crotch and down to the other knee.

As I was stranded I remember looking on and seeing that the fence next to me was kicked down by bigger boys and I was semi stranded like a mentalist loon.

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:20 - Mar 13 with 1898 viewsPJH

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:13 - Mar 13 by blueislander

Seeing this thread,I just watched the highlights of us beating Manure 6-0 missing three penalties to boot.

That is always a good watch.

Just thought of another one,any win at Carrot Rud but the 4-3 in 1968 with Colin Viljoen getting three would be nice.

Or the 3-0 at PR on my 14th birthday when they sanded and salted Churchmans goalmouth at half time.

The 7-0 against WBA with Trevor Whymark getting four and Paul Mariner getting one on his home debut.

It is nice to have memories isn't it?
If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:30 - Mar 13 with 1890 viewsRyorry

PO semis & final on loop! TWTD

Also , UEFA cup win, esp last 10 mins for SBR's reaction - that look of total joy on his face at the final whistle - don't think he could quite believe it himself!

Those things are part of why we follow Town, up & down. We *will* be up again one day, keep the faith 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:30 - Mar 13 with 1883 viewsLord_Lucan

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:20 - Mar 13 by PJH

That is always a good watch.

Just thought of another one,any win at Carrot Rud but the 4-3 in 1968 with Colin Viljoen getting three would be nice.

Or the 3-0 at PR on my 14th birthday when they sanded and salted Churchmans goalmouth at half time.

The 7-0 against WBA with Trevor Whymark getting four and Paul Mariner getting one on his home debut.

It is nice to have memories isn't it?

The WBA 7-0 was the only home game that season I missed, the Brazil 5 goal demolition of Soton was the only game I missed and the 3-2 Sheff U comeback was the only home game I think I missed I that season.

I presumed when I got banned we would ultimately win The Prem but it hasn't worked out.

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:31 - Mar 13 with 1879 viewscarlisleaway

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:17 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

Anyhoo - back to 81! I ripped my crotch as I was attempting to get over a very high fence with very big spikes on the top and I sort of got stuck at the top and ripped my jeans from knee to crotch and down to the other knee.

As I was stranded I remember looking on and seeing that the fence next to me was kicked down by bigger boys and I was semi stranded like a mentalist loon.

Beating the Scum 2-0 at Carrot Road, televised on Sky
1-0 away to Blackburn in cup replay
Rubbish game, but Naylors last minute diving header away to Walsall
Cup Semi Final 3-1 v WBA at Highbury
4-3 away to Palace with a late winner, chaos in away end over those tight wooden seating
Shock 5-1 away win at Hull
Tuesday night in the early 70s, beating Arsenal 2-1 Robertson crosses to Clarke in front of the North to keep us in the 1st Division
Oh you youngsters have missed out on great Ipswich wins..
We were good once
If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:34 - Mar 13 with 1870 viewsPJH

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:30 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

The WBA 7-0 was the only home game that season I missed, the Brazil 5 goal demolition of Soton was the only game I missed and the 3-2 Sheff U comeback was the only home game I think I missed I that season.

I presumed when I got banned we would ultimately win The Prem but it hasn't worked out.

You and Lucan Junior are available again soon aren't you?

You intending to return?
If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:52 - Mar 13 with 1851 viewsLord_Lucan

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:34 - Mar 13 by PJH

You and Lucan Junior are available again soon aren't you?

You intending to return?

I think the boy can go back next season, I've got another year.

I'm really not fussed to be honest, I couldn't give a sh1t really. I miss being able to even go in town on a Saturday and I miss away games but apart from that I couldn't give a monkeys.

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 20:07 - Mar 13 with 1808 viewsFtnfwest

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:17 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

Heh, well I have to confess I didn’t get to the final but bizarrely did manage the AZ67 away game in the cup winners cup 2 years earlier thanks to my uncle taking me. 0-0 after we’d beaten them 2-0 at home. Arnold’s first European game with us
If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 20:13 - Mar 13 with 1786 viewsLord_Lucan

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 20:07 - Mar 13 by Ftnfwest

Heh, well I have to confess I didn’t get to the final but bizarrely did manage the AZ67 away game in the cup winners cup 2 years earlier thanks to my uncle taking me. 0-0 after we’d beaten them 2-0 at home. Arnold’s first European game with us

I never even knew that game existed!

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 20:19 - Mar 13 with 1773 viewsIllinoisblue

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:00 - Mar 13 by Trequartista

8 mins in and YNWA is being sung. Was that the Town fans or AZ fans?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 20:20 - Mar 13 with 1769 viewsmonytowbray

You need to go full BANTER era and watch the 7-1 Peterboro’ game.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 21:37 - Mar 13 with 1673 viewsFtnfwest

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 19:30 - Mar 13 by Ryorry

PO semis & final on loop! TWTD

Also , UEFA cup win, esp last 10 mins for SBR's reaction - that look of total joy on his face at the final whistle - don't think he could quite believe it himself!

Those things are part of why we follow Town, up & down. We *will* be up again one day, keep the faith 👍

Sir bob at the cologne semi after butcher scored. Needed some prodding by Bobby f but the smile that Broke out across his face....After a week or two where the other competitions were either gone or looked like they had
If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 21:57 - Mar 13 with 1648 viewsTrequartista

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 20:19 - Mar 13 by Illinoisblue

8 mins in and YNWA is being sung. Was that the Town fans or AZ fans?

Ipswich fans - pretty sure we used to sing it now and again in those days.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

If you were thinking of watching a few old Town reruns of days gone by on 22:10 - Mar 13 with 1622 viewsquirkie

6-0 drubbing of Man Utd. I believe Man U were 2nd in the league at the time and we were 3rd.

Complete annihilation of them.

Sorry I couldn't find a HD version of it so this'll have to do.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024